Login Create Account
season 50 reflection and what's in store for 51.
capitalpridedbc
hey guys

so im new to the community (kinda). my two groups, capital pride drum and bugle corps and capital pride indoor percussion, were put into competition at a rather unlikely time; two weeks before fma championships, to be exact. both groups did exactly how i thought they would, which was alright for a rookie year. yeah, there were some last places, and all the scores were under 50, but hey; this is my first year. im still trying to get used to the system, ya feel?

what i learned is that i need to put in a lot more time into my ensembles than i did in season 50. rehearsal is key for success, and my time invested into rehearsal was lacking. putting more time into that will ensure that my ensembles will thrive and do well in competitions. i also learned more about the community and the game itself, like how fundraisers work, and how leagues are very effective in making yourself known in the community.

now let's talk season 51;

capital pride drum and bugle corps is proud to announce our season 51 program, "it gets better, promise." this program features musical selections from sufjan stevens, gary jules, adam watts, and andrew boysen, jr. the corps will take you through a heartbreaking tragedy endured by a sweet, kind family (played by the color guard), and the steps they take to cope with it. the musical selections range from sullen, like "death with dignity" by sufjan stevens, to brash, original music written by me. this season promises to be a step in the right direction for the corps, and im very excited to see how it turns out.

as for capital pride indoor percussion (affectionately referred to as cpip), their season 51 program is entitled "ROarIN'!! - A Step Back in Time". this show promises to take the audience back in time to the good old days, before smartphones and computers were household items, before the internet took over the world, and when music was good. featuring music such as "paris" by moondog, "fly me to the moon" by frank sinatra, and "who's who are you?" by the puritan dance orchestra, this show promises to be brash and bright when appropriate, which is all the time.

season 51 will be great for capital pride. watch out for us in the coming future.

theamazing1
Same situation with me xD. Season 51 is gonna be a good one
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard