Login Create Account
Declining a request
theamazing1
Just a question: why would somebody want to decline a request to join an event? I don't get it.. Is it cause some of the groups are small, and aren't really a veteran? Or just because they wanted to? You'd think that if you made your event public there would be no sense in declining a group, right? Can somebody fill me in on this?
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
cjbuckley1997
Some people choose to accept their groups based on influence. I've done that a little in the past, but I normally don't flat out decline people unless they're a sketchy group basically like Colonial groups. What usually happens is a show fills up and if there are more applicants than spots, anyone not accepted is automatically declined. If you're still looking for shows, I have slots available for my shows on April 22nd, I'm not sure if you applied to them or not
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
echstrumpet8
Sometimes it's because the event is already full. If not, then some people like to accept based on influence. Higher influence group in event = high ticket sales = more income. Events that occur every season and have a lot of attention usually have high interest. If you get declined, don't take it personally. It happens a lot to younger groups. As your level and influence goes up, you are more likely to be accepted.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
CTrain
They basically hit the nail on the head. Then there's a case in which there are some acceptance rules/requirements (which are made up by the host). I remember I applied to a show someone did a few seasons back that was intended to be a d1 only deal, which at the time I was D3, so, I just found another one to apply to on the same day and got accepted.

Which is why I do a first come first serve thing for my own shows...

"Masters of FMA" is one of those rule/requirement things (which I had to follow) while "the Freakin' FCC" and my others are first come first serve, it ultimately depends on the host
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
RedEastMovement
Buckley, what's with the beef on Colonial groups? Lol
But seriously, take it from the veterans above, kid. Don't worry about it; Just get your first taste of competition and if you do very well in them, your name will be put out there. You'll then get into more event.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
cjbuckley1997
My beef is that they take opportunities away from young groups. They sit there and do literally nothing except take away the majority of finals spots in D3. There are actual, legitimate, young groups out there that miss out on finals to colonial groups that don't advance a single tenth of a point the entire season, and that just isn't right

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
RedEastMovement
Huh. Are you implying they use some sort of method to cheat or are you implying that they're like zebra mussels, clogging up the pipes that prevent "legit" groups from having a shot at showcasing their talent?
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
cjbuckley1997
A little bit of both. There's the current annoyance like the zebra mussels, but I can't help but think there's some sort of endgame in play taking over the game. It seems to me like one person is running it, but of course we don't know for sure

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
gcurrier3
I agree, some kind of end game is in play. I hate this kind of activity here because honestly, it's made me skeptical of far too many things! I just want to enjoy the game as proven by my sacrifice to start over due to "the glitch"

I did want to throw one other decline reason in, some leagues really only want league members at their shows. Happens less than it used to but it happens
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion