Login Create Account
My High School's Marching Show
BlueDevils
Okay so I figured I could post our show from the past year and get some comments. Why? I'm not sure. I'm kinda random like that.
I know we aren't the best, but you must understand that for the past four years we had had four different directors, so our students became kind of jaded. We had expected each one to stay in turn and they didn't so our band lost it's way. This show is from last season and was the first time in five years that we have had the same director two years in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PM13Ry14Ic

Enjoy, and post comments please. =] P.S. This show was mostly in odd time. And we are a 4A high school despite only having 80 kids on the field.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Prof
Gut reaction from past experience:

Good Lord, you were able to accomplish THAT much after that many directors in 5 years ?

I know alot of bands that can't do that with a director thats been with them 10 years.

I'll watch a few more times tonight and PM you my thoughts on design and performance.

Did the same person design the whole show or were there 2 different drill writers............?
BlueDevils
Same person wrote the drill. His name is Bob Royall I believe.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
IMcomJosh
Definitely not a bad performance at all. I'm sure being in 4A doesn't really help considering some of the groups you have to go against but I wouldn't say it's the size that matters. Keep improving and you'll get there. I see some great things happening here.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold