Login Create Account
Idea for something new
colinyugo
I love this website and have been on for a few seasons and I was much more successful in my first few seasons in Div III, but I have an idea that could make something like this more active.
There could be a site or game (maybe this site!) where everyone will design drill and have to write own music for a show and present it for judging for an entire season. This would give us bored arrangers something new to do if competitors would not want to or be able to write music for a show. The future or current drill designers will be receiving some practice too.

The Judging would work where there will be decided a few judges for a season and there could be a list and they could pick times that would work for them to judge peoples drill and music. The judging of the music could be on whether it fits well with drill any wrong notes chords that could be stronger or much more. The Visual could judge on whether the drill is capable of actually being done and how well it flows.

Over the whole season (1-3 weeks) people could be changing drill and or music to tweak their show into first place. Need suggestions on rules and such but Rome wasn't built in a day. I think this could take this site or any other Fantasy Marching to the next level.

Comment or PM if interested or can help! Sounds Ambitious but with time and work it can possibly come true.
Marching Band- St. John Bluemen
Drum Corp- Star of Northwest Indiana
Drumline- Bluemen Drumline
Colorguard- Pride of Northwest Indiana
Phantom Regiment Contra ‘17
ChrisRohn
Kind of like http://micromarching.com/ ??

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
colinyugo
Yes but almost the next level
CTrain
I like the arranging part, seeing as how I fall into the "Bored Arranger" category whenever I get done with... well, anything.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Solaris132
I remember one of my groups, I think it was my Asteroid band, and we had a show that was called "Space Rocks!" [...get it?], and it was a mix of space songs and Rock Songs, like, guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars/Star Trek things... that would've been cool to hear music to..., provided no one would get sued for copyright infrigement.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
colinyugo
That is true but we aren't making money off it and it would only be for fun and it will give bored arrangers or even people just starting out in the composing/arranging world here.
saxamattone
Keep in mind that you do NOT have the right to arrange any music (outside of what's in the public domain) until you receive permission from the rights holder to do so. Doing so without permission and placing it in a public area on the internet where anyone can see/hear it is asking for trouble.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
colinyugo
This is true anything over what 100 years old is public I think.
cjbuckley1997
I'm not an arranger by any stretch of the imagination, but if I were in that position, I would check for public domain no matter how old the piece is, because that stuff can get wonky pretty easily
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS