Login Create Account
Spotlight Friday #1- Chapstick
theamazing1
Hello everybody, theamazing1 here with a whole new article idea! Every Friday I will interview an FMA user and do a spotlight about them and their groups. These articles are done for the people who really puts themselves out there and has a desire to become one of the bests here in the FMA community. This time I went through the division 1 drum corps and chose a member that I thought might be interested and that has had some huge success in the past. But after this week, I'll be doing spotlights on people who want to do it. Trust me, if you want it, you'll get it. I'm not exactly sure if this'll be a huge hit but it is definitely something worth trying.

This week I chose somebody with a huge passion for success and excellence. With their drum corps, "Spirit of Atlantis," they brought home a well deserved gold medal from division 2 last season. This Spotlight is featuring Chapstick, the owner of Spirit of Atlantis, Plato's Drum, Utopia and Rising City. Chapstick has been around since July of 2014 and is still going strong. There are several medals to show that success also. During my interview, Chapstick explained why he has stuck with FMA for so long, what was the reason for sticking around? He answered, "I love directing my groups and competing with good friends."

Then I asked Chapstick out of all of the groups he has, which one did he think was the most successful. He answered, "Spirit of Atlantis has been the most successful. we have finally won a medal after all of these seasons, and it was a division 2 gold. I've always cared about my drum corps more than any of my other groups." With this it is obvious to see Chapsticks dedication for getting a high place, especially with his drum corps.

I also asked him what his show was for Spirit of Atlantis and why he chose that one. He answered, "Spirit of Atlantis' show captures the spirit of Renaissance architecture and art with original music by one of our arrangers, Paul Phillips. We remained true to our classic style. We're pleased that it's doing so well this season." And doing well it has... Spirit of Atlantis has been maintaining 1st place in division 1 drum corps, followed closely behind The Cornhuskers.

I then asked him if he had anything he plans for change in the future. It could've been anything that had to do with event or league or group changes, and he said he planned to keep things the same. "Our current leagues will always be our homes. We do plan to increase our influence in order to attract more talent."

Like I said before, Spirit of Atlantis is keeping a 1st place lead in division one this season, and my question to him was what he would be doing to maintain that position. He answered, "We are maintaining as great place and will continue to do so and see where it takes us. Obviously we want to become division 1 champions, but we'll take what we got if not that. We certainly won't be slacking any time soon." And they definitely haven't been slacking... This interview took place when the corps was still in 3rd place (about 5 days). Since then they have grown all the way up to 1st, which is a huge achievement.

I then asked him what he has been doing in order to get to the success rate that he is at now, he answered, "Honestly we haven't had much success, as far as medals and championships until recently. Obviously it takes serious dedication. My groups commit to a very strict schedule. We owe much of our strategy to a few founders who have encouraged us to push and who have given us a few ideas on how to improve and get the most out of our rehearsals."

One last quote that Chapstick would like to add-
"Spirit of Atlantis and all of my groups would like to thank our fans, supporters, staff, competitors, and all of FMA for pushing us and encouraging us to do well. It's been a fun ride and we plan to take it further. Thank you for putting us in the 'Spotlight.'"

That's it for this one! Good job to Chapstick and the rest of the FMA community for past, present and future success here on FMA. See you next Friday on Spotlight!
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Chapstick
I probably won't be first place for long but thanks anyway for the attention and the write up it's nice to be recognized for doing well
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." - Plato
Dabuttdino
Dank
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
theamazing1
For those interested in being in "Spotlight" this week, please comment
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
OreoGamer964
I'm interested!
1X Division II DCI Champion
theamazing1
Alright, I'll get your interview questions ready by tomorrow :)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
gcurrier
Nice work to you both!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
RedEastMovement
I'm not a man to really brag, but I'm interested, amazing1.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS