Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: Let Finals Week Begin
Novak
It is officially the beginning of Week 5, the last week here in FMA Season 1!

DIVISION I
1. Thunder - 69.445
2. Marching Bureaucrats - 69.145
3. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 68.550
4. The Drumming Dummers - 68.505
5. The Drummers Alliance - 66.115

We finally have some huge competition in D1! Last night, at the Southwest Regional, the Marching Bureaucrats pulled off an amazing feat, and placed first, AHEAD of Thunder, by .095 points! And today made it even more exciting! Thunder placed first tonight at CCHS Contest, being the only drumline to compete at the competition. They pushed hard and successfully took back the first place throne, raising their overall score by 1.03 points! The Marching Bureaucrats won in their show tonight, at Drums on the Ohio, raising their overall score by .635 points! They threw down hard tonight, performing the heck out of their show, "Red Tape Bonanza", but it wasn't enough to match Thunder and their expert work ethic. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline took first in a separate competition last night, and though it might seem like they are out of the running for the gold medal, they hold first place for Visual Ensemble, and second place for many others. They definitely have a chance at raising their score to the point where it earns them at least a silver medal come Finals time! The Drumming Dummers did not perform at any shows last night, but took a healthy 1.31 point jump, winning their competition tonight at the SouthBeat Extravaganza. .045 points separates these guys and Southmore Hill, so they could be in medal contention as easily as Southmore Hill can take first! And of course, The Drummers Alliance seems to be falling behind a little bit. They are 2.39 points back from fourth place, but they are also 1.53 points ahead of 6th place, so it looks like they might have a lock on the spot, but like all the other spots, anything can happen!

DIVISION II
1. Line of Distinction - 67.150
2. The Thunder - 63.730
3. The Phantom of Carolina Drumline - 60.325
4. Nova Drumline - 60.130
5. Red Frogs - 59.415

Line of Distinction, going into Finals week, still holds a commanding lead over the rest of the competition. They continue their undefeated season and look like they might take the gold come finals The Thunder seem to be improving, but just not enough to catch up to Line of Distinction, although they might have enough fuel to keep away from the rest of the pack, earning themselves a silver medal. In a not so solid third place is The Phantom of Carolina Drumline, who have definitely delivered the last couple of weeks to move slowly through the ranks, ending up in third place and still moving! They definitely have potential to stick to that third place spot all this week, but right behind them is Nova Drumline, who improved greatly since their last show on the 29th and now sit only .195 points behind third, and they are closing in! On the outside looking in are the Red Frogs, who look like they could be out of medal contention unless they step it up. I don't know, I just have a feeling about the Red Frogs. I think they can pull out a bronze, I hope they prove me right!

DIVISION III
1. Thunder - 65.705
2. Tap Dance - 60.050
3. Pulse - 60.025
4. Battered Souls - 59.875
5. Knights Drumline - 58.660

Thunder continues to dominate, and are even farther ahead than Line of Distinction is. These guys look like they have a lock on the first place spot. Tap Dance continues to improve every day, but they only hold a .025 point lead over the surging Pulse. This spot could be interesting to watch come Finals Week. Battered Souls continues to hold fourth place, but is also tight knit with the medal contenders and could easily overtake a top three spots sometimes this week. And in an interesting turn of events, Sticks and Stones was pushed out of the top five, and Knights Drumline was ushered in. Without a doubt, this division has the most exciting competition happening all throughout the top five!
Drummantx
I've had about 6 days away from a computer in the last 2 weeks. We expect to pull ahead again.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
BaritoneB1
The Red Frogs haven't competed since the 28th, that's 4 days. Count us in on medal contention! We compete on the 2nd of August.
20DM12
Bring it man!!
Carolina's Phantom Inc. (D2)

UNSP:
DC - Carolina's Regiment
DL - The Phantom of Carolina Drumline
CG - Phantom's Crown
MB - Carolina's Regiment of Winds