Login Create Account
Spotlight Friday #2- OreoGamer964
theamazing1
Disclaimer: All pronouns will be in a "They" form in all of my forums from now on... I don't want to assume gender.

Hello everybody! Theamazing1 here with this week's edition of Spotlight! Oreo Gamer964 has been on FMA since June of 2014, and has had an interesting ride up until today. They've come a little short of championship medals, but that does not determine the determination that they have for excellence here at FMA. Oreo Gamer is the owner of the drum corps Scarlet Regiment, The drumline Stars of percussion, the color guard Heat of the Night, and the marching band The Stricklane Strikers. All of these based in Phoenix and Stricklane, Arizona.

OreoGamer has been on FMA off and on for 2 years, which may as well equate to 1 year. That's a long time to stay with it, you kind of have to like something pretty well if you stick with it for 2 years.
"FMA gives me that feel of truly running a drum corps, marching band, ect. It's fun, though it can be time consuming. But that feeling of succeeding or being the best at what you do is definitely what keeps me going."

When I asked them what their most successful group was, their immediate answer was "Scarlet Regiment." In fact, I wasn't even able to finish the question, it was that quick of an answer. According to them, Scarlet Regiment receives the most funding out of all their groups, which has led to more of a successful story in the long term of their time here. "Also, it has one of the highest ranked hornlines in FMA in season 52," their hornline is supposedly sitting at a 7th place, which is a pretty hard thing to do. "Scarlet Regiment started in a mid season, and ended in Division III Semi-finals in season 44. Since then, we have worked and worked to get to Division II. We only strive for the best, and nothing less." Those, in my opinion, are great words to understand. Not only in the marching and music world, but in life.

I asked about Scarlet Regiment and what their show, "Around the World in 8 Minutes," is all about. They explained it as "a show that plans to take you around the globe and experience different cultures, while providing a semi-chronological timeline of world history." And while world history is something they tried to achieve, they did just so with the experience of music. "I am a sucker of history, and to do a show with well known pieces like To Tame the Perilous skies and An English Folk Song really intrigues me." And it certainly intrigued the audience and judges this season, too.

I then brought up the fact that none of their groups has won a medal yet, and how they are going to get themselves to that point. They answered, "Scarlet Regiment has not had the establishment that most other corps in its division had. However, we are planning to take Season 54 and possibly 55 to fund raise to increase our corps staff to truly give our marcher the best advice and education they are given. We are working hard to make every rehearsal count, and truly getting the nitty gritty of every set and all of the music. Everything requires more detail than meets the eye." I completely agree with this one because if you look at real life drum corps, you can see that precision that all of the corps strive for. If you see one sloppy thing about the show you tend to distinctly remember that part for the rest of the show. It's almost disappointing to see something like that go wrong.

I then asked them what their best season yet was here in FMA. They said that the current season has been pretty good to them. "Coming off of a somewhat medium break to be placed back into Division II was pretty surprising to me. We have established our corps as a serious contender in the top 20, and we have the 7th highest hornline in Division II. We are only getting better, and we predict that Season 53 will be an even better season."

Then I asked them if they had any future plans or changes in terms of leagues, events, and groups. They answered, "Heat of the Night Winter Guard is making a return next season. We currently aren't planning to host any events, however, that isn't something we are dismissing. So keep your eyes peeled." They then added, "Scarlet Regiment is planning to stay with FAME for another season, although plans after that may be shifting. We are completely revamping our percussion staff for next year's show, because the percussion parts will definitely be a challenge with that show. We appreciate the work our current staff has done, and wish them well as they find other corps. We are currently planning more recruitment sites and audition camps to attract more talent."

A final quote from OreoGamer, "Scarlet Regiment has gone through so many shifts and changes in the few months it has been active. We are so grateful to the FAME league for accepting us and being supportive."

Thanks to everybody for joining us this week! Congrats to OreoGamer for a successful season. Good luck to everybody today in Semis and tomorrow in Finals. I'm theamazing1, and I'll see you next time on Spotlight! :)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Dabuttdino
Sweet. Keep up the good work fam :]
CLASS BoD
Medals ~
D3 Silver S51
alxmm98
Great post! I love seeing a fellow commentator posting. This motivates me to start commentating again
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Tromboning
Great article
alxmm98
Tromboning you know what.....thats a good idea
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
Spotlight Friday #3 Will come out next Friday. Sorry guys, I'm busy this week (my groups are suffering from it, too)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard