Login Create Account
Midland Valley S53
scooter92011
Midland Valley is proud to announce their season 53 production, I Go To Rio. The production inspire by the Games of the XXXI Olympiad in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Along with sponsoring the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, Midland Valley will become the "Goldcoats" for the new season. This change comes with high hopes and expectations to usher in Midland Valley's first ever D1 medal. Even though the corps currently holds 4 medals (D3 Silver; S5 | D2 Gold; S6 | D2 Bronze; S7-8), they feel their relevance as a corps has dried up since those successful and yearns for a new medal in which they feel is overdue.

I Go To Rio will tell the story of "the passing of the torch" from old host Great Britain to new host Rio de Janeiro. The production will start off with an intense fanfare of God Save The Queen and a fast paced Leaving On A Jet Plane. The fanfare lasting exactly one minute will be the corps into an accompany front starting their second production of I Go To Rio with a jazz/latin vibe. The Macarena will follow at the three minute-thirty second mark in hopes to get the crowd to join along. The corps gets to business with One Day I'll Fly Away describing the training each participant endures to ready themselves for the Olympics. The Olympic Fanfare and Chariots of Fire soon follows with the guard stealing the show to ring in the start of the Olympic opening ceremony. We hope you enjoy our fantastic show as we climb to an outstanding season 53. Good luck to all of the participating groups.

Movement I
God Save The Queen - Thomas Arne
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes

Movement II
I Go To Rio - Peter Allen

Movement III
Macarena - Los Del Rio

Movement IV
One Day I'll Fly Away - Joe Sample

Movement V
The Olympic Fanfare - John Williams
Chariots of Fire - Vangelis