Login Create Account
The new DCI Season 2016
cjbuckley1997
Crown just scored 76.85...WHAT!?! Hate to say it but these are SUPER inflated
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Kiwidrummer
Well, when it all does eventually come together, we know who the benchmark is this year.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
cjbuckley1997
I'm not even gonna guess who's gonna be on top by Dan Antonio, the benchmark could EASILY be any one of crown Bluecoats and blue devils

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
theamazing1
In my opinion, Propaganda has been the best show so far this season... I just love controversial shows. It may even be my favorite show of all time at this point, BAC's 2014 show “Animal Farm," following closely behind. I LOVE symbolism, and I love it when music and performing arts uses it to make a point and to show the world how messed up we truly are.

Also, if you guys wanted a list of full shows, here they are. I know a few of you are waiting to see them live or waiting to watch them on DCI Live, but for those who've been looking, here you go:
Bluecoats, Down Side Up: https://youtu.be/Yf7CioSWYZM
Carolina Crown, Relentless: https://youtu.be/qoS-PpnO8bQ
Cavaliers, Propaganda: https://youtu.be/RzxhxDWM5Qg
Cadets, Awakening: https://youtu.be/ADbkolDClD0
BAC, Quixotic: https://youtu.be/7XatQY3wfl4
Jersey surf https://youtu.be/iN4wAT_vpIs
Phantom Regiment, Voice of Promise: https://youtu.be/audWOwyWOoQ
Crossmen: https://youtu.be/T7g1hKOlX6k
Blue Stars: https://youtu.be/gjqWGyWwp4M
Blue Devils, As Dreams Were Made On: https://youtu.be/S-p9W0FN4FQ
Santa Clara Vanguard, Force of Nature: https://youtu.be/N1xXta9hm4s

If you want to, check them out! You never know when they'll be taken down.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Aaron0316
Thank you for the links :)

Yesterday I actually got the chance to see the live webcast of the East Coast Classic. Here are some of my thoughts.

Spartans totally won their class. Though, I was surprised about how good 7th Regiment is. :) They have a nice sound, and they executed their drill well.

Jersey Surf has a decent show, too. I really liked their drill. After intermission, Crossmen came out and did their job. Their drill is freakin' cool. I like their concept, and they sound like a top 12 corps.

That leads me to who followed, Boston Crusaders. I like that they are doing music with which I am familiar. Yet, it's totally unique to modern drum corps. I was surprised that they are doing music from Man of La Mancha ( the musical based on Don Quixote de la Mancha ). I've always thought that Man of La Mancha would be a cool show for the field. I was intently listening and watching for the first half of their show. After that, I felt, they lost their way. Perhaps their show is just incomplete. It seems really thrown together. At that point, I didn't care for the writing musically or visually and believed that Crossmen had them beat, which turned out to be correct.

Phantom followed, and they came out hungry. They had me from the first big hit to the finish. Multiple times I had goosebumps. It's another Phantom classic. It might not be a championship show, but I really believe that they have something special this year. Of course, being from Alton, IL, they're one of the "hometown" favorites ;) but I'm not bias. There have been some years where I felt Phantom was boring. This season is definitely not one of them.

Of course, just when I thought my musical interest had peaked, The Cadets came out and blew it up. I loved seeing them in competition, and you can see, hear, and feel the intensity in their show design and execution. The only problem I had with their show was the awkward errors. Someone lost a helmet or sash or something. You clearly could see from the high cam, something was on the field and the corps was marching around it not to slip, I assume. It wasn't planned at all. Also, a guy kept dropping his rifle. The first time, the rifle bounced several yards, and he ran out of his spot to get it. After he recovered from the first drop, seconds later he dropped it again almost taking out some brass players. He always recovered well, but boy that was a huge distraction. I hope that, that doesn't happen during finals. Don't get me wrong; I love me some Cadets. However, ever since I have followed DCI (way back in the 90's), the Cadets are notorious for some obvious mistake in their show like someone falling or a guard member dropping at an important moment. Despite these mistakes, I was very impressed with The Cadets. I see them in the top all the way this season.

Bluecoats are so good; I barely can comment. I love how unique their show is. They sound and perform like champions. Their guard is by far the best I have seen so far this season. Already this early their guard is executing a very difficult show quite well. I just hope Bluecoats don't peak too soon. I'll be honest. I wasn't the biggest Bluecoats fan until 2005. Since then, they've never failed to come up with an original, interesting concept. I love their show this season (period).

I'm ready for Tour of Champions in Warrensburg, MO when I can be in the stands and see all the big boys battle.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
gcurrier
This is my show review for those who don't follow me on Facebook

The Lynn drum corps show was awesome! 7 th Regiment really kicked off the competitive show in a great way. I love to see this corps take steps upward year after year. Very good year for them. Spartans aren't yet finished but a great balance all around, great visual! Boston has improved a lot since opening night, but I'm just not sure this is my favorite Boston show. It's performed well but just missing something for me. Crossmen, WOW easily in the top 12. Guard was fantastic, brass excellent and a few times that drumming groove machine got going. Crossmen fans won't be disappointed! Phantom was the first to truly knock us out of ours seats. Phantom once again has some of the most beautiful musical moments of the year. You just say WOW! so beautiful. Inspired. I also like the use of props to lift up the soloist. Cadets, if you think they can't win the title this year, you haven't seen them. Loud and driven! Great theme carried out and that PERCUSSION!!! they were one of the best I've EVER seen. A few times their precision and talent just leaves you shaking your head and I love the body motions to go with the show. The Adonis character isn't too bad to look at either lol several around me thought they won. I will say I freaking love the first half but then just like the end. It will get there. Bluecoats is almost the hardest to express in words. How they manage to be SO CUTTING EDGE and yet have so much for traditional fans too really excited me. They use the props in ways that I honestly have never seen. It's not just a prop, it's a field! Brass will blow you out, percussion holds their own amongst the best and guard was near flawless. No doubt my favorite and no doubt they are fighting for a title. I hope they don't peak early because unlike Cadets is hard to see what they add at this point. Overall one of our favorite Lynn Shows ever. Watching drum corps with fireworks all around you feels automatically patriotic! Perfect night, great company with Christine Hill Kingdon, Gordon, William Tyner and Lori Smith. What more can I ask for (besides the rest of my family whom I'll have in ALLENTOWN! )
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
cjbuckley1997
Crown is currently livestreaming their warmup on facebook. Really cool to get an inside look at everything

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Streaming Drums Across the Rockies tonight, can't wait to see the corps again!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cjbuckley1997
Cadets just caught my attention for the first time this season. Idk what it was before, but since the Tour Premiere I haven't really been too high on them. But I'm watching the Denton stream right now and they just had an awesome show. Glad to see it's coming together for them.

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
cire
cjbuckley, what did you think of Columbians?
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
cjbuckley1997
I was really impressed! It was a cool concept, and I liked the way it was done. I was hoping for them to continue the tour honestly. You're on staff there, correct?

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
Tromboning
Oh, I was able to make it out to the Oregon show a while ago. The Columbians is definitely my favorite open class corps... I'm really surprised, with the talent they have, that they don't have a longer tour. The staff and members are definitely one of the best I've seen in Open...
cjbuckley1997
Coming up next week....who's going to be at Allentown!

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS
echstrumpet8
At the Atlanta comp right now. Madison Scouts just put on a great show. I'm a little surprised at their somewhat low ranking.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
cjbuckley1997
I can't wait for the Scouts next Friday. My seats are probably about the 30 to the 35 on side 2, like right in front of that big company front in the closer. Personally, the difference between Madison live and in the recordings is a lot bigger than most of the other corps, and I really like the show already this year, so it should be amazing next week

White Star - CLASS
Illumination - FLAG

OAS AAS LLS