Login Create Account
FMA Convention Idea
alxmm98
Hey guys, Ive been watching the Republican National Convention this past week, and im about to watch the DNC this week, and man the idea just struck me. Ive been seeing comments on how ppl are quieter than usual, and i agree to an extent. I think as a community, we can come together more than we already are. So, my proposal is that during the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which will occur during league championship night, we hold a FMAC(FMA Convention), where all the commentators and league leaders and representatives will give speeches and promote solutions to issues. This is a great way to come together. Its a place where corps directors can promote their future shows, league leaders can work together, and potential disputes can be squashed. So, what do you guys think? I think its a great way to get us all to talk and share our opinions, while also honoring the Hall of Fame members at the end. Lets get some feedback, good or bad, down below!
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
alxmm98
Also before i forget to add this, we can do this convention over a week long period. Maybe it can be when the season ISNT active, the offseason, which is usually FMA quiet time. Each day can have a theme/topic
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
theamazing1
Phenomenal idea! I would definitely participate in this.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
RedEastMovement
I would indefinitely support this concept.
Invictus - CLASS
Der Reich - ENCORE (BoD)
Kanpeki - DRUMS
theamazing1
When again will this be taking place?
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
alxmm98
If people actually want to do this, it would happen right around this time, during the offseason. Havent seen much excitement for it however
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
Aaron0316
I like the idea, but I'm not aware of any current disputes between directors. Some of the main issues with directors are quiet at the moment and potentially gone, but we'll go with quiet for now.

Furthermore, other issues are out of our hands. We can't fix the glitches. We just have to deal with them, and we have been dealing with them. I definitely wouldn't oppose discussing an FMA 3.

For the most part, everybody already shares there opinions in the forum. I suppose, that could be one of the reasons that there isn't a big hype about this idea.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of having a thread in Circuit News and Articles for players to promote their show ideas.

In theory, it would be cool if founders and board members all could come together and discuss ways to keep the competition interesting. FAME vs CLASS is a good idea if we can get it to work. The biggest question is how can we keep competition in all circuits from going stale?

As far as giving speeches, I'm having a difficult time coming up with what is significant enough to give a speech about.

If this idea truly gets off the ground, I will support it, but I'm afraid that we will quickly run out of things to discuss every season. Perhaps we can designate a time of year every year to hold a convention. Maybe, we can hold it in October or November once a year during a finals week.

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
theamazing1
Let's do it!! I'm excited, and I'm sure once more and more people hear about it, everybody else will be hyped too.

Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
FMA 3? Sounds interesting..
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
cjf20
I love this idea
Drum Corps:
The Royal Crusaders
Marching Band:
The Jamestown High School Marching Band
Winter guard:
Spirit Independent
Indoor Drumline:
Pride of Pittsburgh

Founder of BoA
alxmm98
I do think it should be once a year after you made all those points Aaron. It would get pretty hard to talk every season, there just arent many topics. If we want to make this a big thing for a certain time of year, im all for it
Alexander Morales

FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
gcurrier
Sorry, just seeing this now, I'm down as would CLASS. Summer aND real dci gets busy!

Yes FMA 3! THE idea is exciting and Aaron and I have kicked around ideas but yet to find a tech genius to work it all!

Interestingly, DCPI is going through a very different struggle. They have the administrative support, but live season membership was way down, so very concerned about the future there. I wish the two versions weren't so different so we could tackle together, I love both!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Kiwidrummer2
DCPI would be very difficult with no caption scores released anymore.

gcurrier
Yeah it was a rough season with no captions which to me really seemed to do nothing. Hopefully they RELEASE THE CAPTIONS!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ