Login Create Account
CLASS Pacific Regional
gcurrier
Trying to liven things up a bit around here--will try to do reviews of shows. Not sure I will get in every week or every corps but Ill work at it!

This week we were at the Pacific Regional from Seattle Washington!

CLASS every season brings the top corps to our shows and we love to hit the crowd at the first show with a true example why we are the PREMIERE Drum Corps League! This year the Pacific Regional was no let down in all 3 divisions!

In Division 3 Clanta Vara Sanguard has already shown how fitting their show "Momentum" is for the next level in their history. Last seasons 5th place corps took the first show of the season with strong GE and ensemble scores. As a matter of fact they were a full point over Company X in both GE categories. Company X was able to make up much of that deficit by taking all performance categories with their perfect Halloween show "Poltergeist". The group started off strong with a very timely show, how will they keep up the eerie presence all season? The Orlando Stars (3rd) and Iron Corps (4th) were about a point and a half back with Red Devils in 6th just behind

In Division 2 N3MESIS kept on strong after their recent Division 2 Championship by taking the show with their performance of "The Drop That Contained The Sea" by Christopher Tin. The group started slower but then went undefeated the second part of the season now looks to go straight to finals. The show is EXTREMELY well designed as they took GE by two and a half points and ensemble by a fair margin, but judges wonder if the show is simply too hard as the were hit a bit harder in the performance categories. A corps that wasnt weak in performance was Kansas City Crown who swept performance with a particularly strong percussion. The percussion really seems to have mastered their show Hugh Mungus. Crown beat the 2nd place percussion The Cadet Jr by over a half point. The Cadets Jr was second in every performance caption but further behind in ensemble and GE. After grabbing silver in last seasons Division III finals, Cadet Jr is looking for a solid first year in Division II with Descending Shadows. Just barely behind in 4th were the Redcoats with Cadets of Hennepin County (5) Lone Stars (6) and Viridian (7) were all pretty tightly behind. Arizona King, Flash and Indiana Regiment rounded out the division.

In Division 1 Nemesis came back to the field and instantly showed all they were ready to play. Their show Returning to the River is a replay of their season 26 show "River Symphony" but shows some visual changes of what they have learned in 30 seasons! The show is once again a GE HOG of a show and so far isnt lacking on performance or ensemble. The group didnt win any performance category, but was strong in all and second in ensemble. The question will be if they can prevent a finals upset as the show presented last go. Who would love to see that upset? no other than Carolina Royals, old rivals of Nemesis. This years show < leaves much to be interpreted early in the season, but one thing not confusing is how strong each section performs this show. Royals were strong in every performance category and won ensemble, but in GE they dropped to 3rd. No doubt an area they will work to clarify in the coming weeks. Another corps back in the mix once again is Lexington Legends whose show "A Western Tale" is looking to shoot out the competition until they finally stand on top. The corps often labeled the best corps never to win a title seems to be getting ready to make that move. Legends were tight behind Royals and even beat them to take second in GE, putting them overall .7 behind in 3rd. BARELY a few tenths behind was last years defending WORLD Champion Cadets of Blue. Cadets of Blue won that title with performances that were some of the best of all time and clearly each caption wants a repeat. They stood out in this show with a very strong brass who won the show and a second place visual performance. The corps continues their blues theme once again with "Rhythms in Blues". Another corps we have to mention is Vincent Storm. The corps was only a few tenths behind the world champions but won Percussion, Visual Performance and Guard while taking second in Brass. The corps really needs to work on design of their Curve show because if they did with those performance scores, they would certainly be a contender! Rounding out a large division 1 group was Redcoat Regiment in 6th, 7 Star of Indianapolis, 8 Bluegrass Regiment 9 White Star and 10 Pride of Peachtree. Overall great first show as all of these Division 1 corps are currently in top 12!!

We look forward too reviewing the Southwest Regional for you next week!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
lightman
Awesome write up! I am super excited to see how this season pans out for my groups, and hopefully I'll be able to move up to Div 1 in a few seasons! Of course I hope everyone in CLASS has an incredible season, lets make this one for the record books!
The Cadet Jr CLASS
The Red Lighting USMBEA
The Cadet Jr Master Line DRUMS ~ D3 Champion S55
gcurrier
Doing great so far!

Stradivarius
Lol did not expect to be in the top 12 with a 74... crowd has really thinned out :/
12 years later
scooter92011
I haven't been able to get into a single drum corps comp except Class finals due to starting late. I haven't been able to log in as much due a new job and being stuck on the graveyard shift. Hopefully the division will thicken up as the season progress.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
gcurrier
We did fill up fast this season. I might need to start hosting two Sunday shows each week.