Login Create Account
Finals scores
cire
For the final shows (prelims, semis, finals), it would be pretty cool (and nerve racking?) if you could show/post 1 score from bottom to top, say every 1 or 2 minutes, that way it would be a little more realistic in that you have to wait for the scores to be announced..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Alex
 -infinity
That is an interesting idea, although I think the server would probably start to buckle with everyone constantly refreshing the page.
bando
What if it showed in a marquee at 8, then at about 8:10 it showed normally? That would produce the same effect without the need of refreshing the page until 8:10 of course.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
rtloveless
I'd say make it more for finals than for semi or prelims. And it could always be done in a Chat room if we ever get one. That would pretty pretty neat. Make a chat room for the site as well. But I would say only have the chat open for an hour or two every night to discuss the scores and what not. Announcings as well could happen, for like top scores of the day. And then after the hour or two, close the chat, that way the forum won't die. I've seen many forums die, because it became easier to use the chat.
Ryan T. Loveless
cire
Alex.. you could also make a cached static page with the results that cron updates every few minutes, that way looking at that page won't take up any resources.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Novak
I think this is a really cool idea.
Prof
I'd rather see scores announced live in a cocktail party for all directors....