Login Create Account
Carolina Crown
Stradivarius
So I am heavily considering auditioning for Carolina Crown for this upcoming summer... It's my last chance to do it since it's my age-out year. The main issues are the very obvious ones: transportation and money.

I'm only 20 years old (21 March 11th) but I'm going into my 9th year of marching. I have confidence in my playing ability on both trombone and baritone as well as my marching ability. I believe I have what it takes to make it with Crown. It's been my dream to march Crown since I was a rookie to marching band back in 2008.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm not sure what to do... I have no means of transportation at the moment and very little money... I have some people in mind that expressed interest in helping me march in the past, but not sure if it's going to work out. Any suggestions as to fundraising ideas, or maybe just guidance on what to next, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Should I consider flying down? Should I drive? As I said, I would appreciate any and all incite/help with this issue.

Wishing you all the best of luck this season and I hope I can be posting from tour this Summer!
12 years later
theamazing1
I hope you can do it!! I wouldn't be able to offer advice but I wish you luck!
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
Maybe I'll see you on tour at some point (if I end up marching Cascades... (hopefully))
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
That'd be great haha

Yeah I know most of what I need to do next, but any advice to make it easier is what I'm hoping for lol
12 years later