Login Create Account
Moderators
theamazing1
Okay, I can tell that nobody wants to bring this up, so I will. I seriously think that it would be in the best interest of the site to find new Moderators and take off the old ones. One of them hasn't been active since 2013 and the other pops up every once in a while but doesn't really fullfil the job he was given. I think we should get ahold of Alex to tend to these issues. There's some users on here who would really do nicely.
What are everybody's thoughts on this?
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
sbales
I agree, but what does a moderator on this site actually do? What are they moderating? There is a lot that needs to be fixed like gcurrier and other powerhouses being put in division 2. The problem is as far as I know nobody knows how to get ahold of Alex.
theamazing1
I've communicated with Alex on social media before. And I think they moderate the forums, have access to the Circuit News and Articles, and I'm sure there's tons of other perks that we wouldn't know about unless one of us became a moderator ourselves
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Solaris132
I honestly never really thought about that, I remember a lot of them being active from the earlier seasons, well, my earlier seasons. There are a handful of active ones left, I didn't even realize some of them haven't logged on for a while.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
linksyr1
Moderators?
Im going all the way up
iAm64
Funny you mentioned that some groups are put into the wrong division, because I just ended up with all four of my groups in DII after barely making DIII semifinals with them last season.
scooter92011
iAM that's nothing unusual really.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
sbales
What I mentioned is a bit different, iAm. Gcurrier is at level 0 again after leveling all the way up. Because of it some of his groups are stuck in division 2. Hes clearly not a d2. it's not his fault but it's really not fair to the smaller newer groups and not fair to gcurrier to have to compete in d2. It's a glitch that Alex needs to fix.
Alex
 -infinity
The level/division glitch should hopefully be fixed now. I found the bug causing it and I'm hoping that was the only problem.

There's not a lot of activity for moderators to deal with but I'll take a couple if there's interest.
Aaron0316
Hi, Alex, I'm interested. I'm in the forums a lot and wouldn't mind taking on that role.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
theamazing1
It's users like Aaron that made me want to bring this up. He's put in a lot of work into the site, and I think he's worthy of a promotion. Along with other people. I betcha if we get active Moderators then everybody else will start to become active again.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Alex
 -infinity
Sounds good!
theamazing1
Yeah Aaron!
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Aaron0316
Wow, that was fast! Thank you.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Stradivarius
NOW BEGONE. MODERATE SOMETHING.
12 years later
Aaron0316
(LOL!) Yes sir, right away sir

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
iRyzoh
Hey guys! I know this is kind of out of nowhere, and I don't want to to seem rude or anything, but I am very much interested in becoming a moderator. Almost everything I know about this game, I have learned from Aaron in the forums, and he has shown me what a good moderator does, and I believe I am able to take on that role. Am im very active as well, unless i am asleep of corse lol. Please consider making me become a moderator, i understand that it may be a difficult job at times, but I am very confident on myself and I know I can do it. Feel free to ask me ANY questions at all! Or Private message me if needed. Thanks!!
e
liebling82
not to be rude or anything, but Aaron has much more experience in the game. he's been a commentator, a mentor, founder of two very thriving leagues, on the board of directors in almost every league he's been in, and i believe has also supported the site, has created games, and in other words, has a lot of experience. I think you're too new and besides i doubt we even need two moderators. of course i don't make any decisions. obviously i'm not alex. if I were him, i'd say play longer, gain some experience, and show that you're going to stick around.
Northern Lights - Drum Corps
Hollands Hope High School - Marching Band
Purple Power - Guard
Gasper Sticks - Drum Line
Aaron0316
To be honest with you, being a moderator is not all that you might think. The only functions of a moderator are deleting threads and posts or moving threads to the correct forum destination. Obviously, if someone posted inappropriate content, a moderator would step in. It seems as if most people behave appropriately; thus, being a moderator isn't needed much and thus, boring. Also, I could enhance the function of a moderator and claim that a moderator also answers questions, but there is a game guide for that. Nevertheless, I don't mind answering questions or helping, but from what I believe, that is not the exact function of a moderator.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
iRyzoh
I see where you guys are coming from and i %100 understand. You are right, I am pretty new to this game compared to everybody else, since I've only been here since Season 56. It's ok though, I plan on staying here a very long time, and I will also try my hardest to always be the best member in this community that I can be. Maybe one day I will earn a position as a moderator. We will just have to wait and see!
e