Login Create Account
2017 DRUM CORPS
gcurrier
I actually felt Crossmen matured a lot with this show and loved the percussion--I think they will climb

Blue Stars--the whole part 3 of the show had the wrong pieces (not just Lady Marmalade) from the show to finish this show out--they will get rid of some of it I am sure but could be too late to add what they need to mke this a great show--we shall see

Cadets--the show does a better job then they have ever done before and it was much better than I was anticipating--this is a show I like in the theater better than on a field but they really did it well...that said, I dont expect them to move much from last year.

Cavies was fantastic--I bet they build and ply on mars which just got me all gooesbumped

Crown--couldnt agree me--it starts and hits you in the chest and your jaw is just dropped then they sign the ballad--ok not great but ok I get it then for the love of God stop singing lady---it ruined the show--I expect it to be twaked a lot since its whats EVERYONE is saying.

Bloo--I dont think its fair to say this is a revamp of Down Side Up--does it have the same feel, sure--just like every corps out there does year to year when something works--but this show has a BD feel in a Bluecoats way--parts even reminded me of Felinisque but yet still had the feel from Bluecoats I have come to love--no weakness at all in this corps that is for sure--and the giant stage that isnt in the way--is used seamlessly and really is very different certainly cant be missed--1st or 2nd in every category--will be hard to beat
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
theamazing1
Honestly Phantom Regiment was my favorite last night. First not boring show in a while from them, and they did a hell of a job.
Santa Clara Vanguard is probably my least favorite out of all of them. They're trying something new, and I get that, but I don't think it's working out very well for them. I miss the aussies as well :(.
I was also a little disappointed in BD last night (first time watching their show). Idk, it doesn't seem very interesting to me. The one good thing I can bring from their show is HOLY COW THEIR GUARD (nothing new there.)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
I'ma die-hard Crown fan who was livid that I couldn't love every second of Crown's show.

Hate the hats.

Hate everything after the ballad.

Hate that the best brassline possibly on Earth is background music for a mediocre vocalist during the ballad.

Ending isn't finished so whatever. Awkward is all I can say about that.

In my honest opinion, I believe Crown will be above Bluecoats once their show is finished and not a crazy mess with the vocalist (calling it now: 2017 is the year of the vocalist[s]) that is waaaaay too loud.

Cadets in my opinion were an atrocity and I had them at a 65-66 only about a half point above blue stars due to the level of excellence in the guard.

Crossmen obviously need work. I agree and believe they will climb fast though. Very underrated drum corps.

Bluecoats are doing what Crown did in 2014 where they try to make the show as similar to the previous year's show as possible without being TOO obvious about it. I love the jazz though. Those guard uniforms: WUT R U DOIN :o Everyone else uniforms: MAGIC MIKE D:
I don't feel right cheering bloooooooooooo when they literally removed every aspect of the corps name from the unioforms that they are so famous for. Not even blue and not even wearing coats. #salty
12 years later
theamazing1
Calling it. Cavies top 3.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Stradivarius
Top 4 is gonna be a mix of BD, Blue, Crown, and Cavies. Crown no lower than 3rd, BD no lower than 2nd.
12 years later
theamazing1
Strad, you might as well rule the cavies out of top 4. I don't see them beating Bloo, BD, or Crown anytime soon, and SCV is on fire right now. It'll be a mix between them.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
CTrain
I guess we'll get more an idea next Tuesday at the ToC event in Broken Arrow.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Kiwidrummer
What the hell you guys watching? Cavies top 3 or 4? No SCV in that mix? Top 3 wil be BD...SCV....Crown or Bloo. Top 2 is a hard call at this point.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
theamazing1
Cadets are underrated this season. I'm not religious, but that's one hell of a show.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
gcurrier
man vanguard and devils are SO DAMN GOOD this year, wow! No one can catch them at this point I don't think. Coats might still catch Crown but they have 2 championship caliber shows too, on any other year but this one!

gcurrier
Headed to the show tonight in a few minutes!

theamazing1
Streaming it on flomarching!
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
Both bloo and bd... Just wow.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
gcurrier
What a great weekend. I'll probably repost my recap Grimm facebook here as it took awhile to write but overall, there are like only a few shows I'm not into this year, the rest are all really good to amazing!