Login Create Account
Loss of interest
gcurrier
Im not sure he will hand it over either. several of us have talked about starting a new one but no one really seems to have the computer savvy to do so. I even looked for a contractor
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
theamazing1
I guess this is one of those "good things come to those who wait" situations. One of these days we'll have a computer genius that is involved with the marching arts like Alex. Alex is a computer genius, but it doesn't seem like he's involved in the marching arts anymore.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
TrumpetVinny
I code, but I'm not a web dev. I mostly just do machine learning stuff. But if there is someone who is a web dev, then I can definitely lend a hand. But like I said before, I'm not involved in the marching arts anymore myself.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
BlueDevils
What are the specific features one would want? Would one play the role of a college band director who's also the director of a drum corps? So there would be off season management, and kids from the school could be encouraged to go play in your corps? So as one improves, it can help the other?

I'm just trying to kind of spitball from what I can remember from things like NCAA's dynasty mode and Madden's franchise mode.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Stradivarius
I think that's a little more complex than what we'd be going for on this site lol. But It would be cool for like a full fledged marching arts game.
12 years later
BlueDevils
RIGHT. Lol, was thinking a full game
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Stradivarius
I mean I'm all for a full marching arts game GET ON THAT BRO PLS PLS PLS
12 years later
theamazing1
Yeah I'd play
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
iRyzoh
Me too!
e
echstrumpet8
Something I wish this game had was more variability in gains from day to day. Rehearsal is the only thing that changes scores daily, and rehearsal gets stale and repetitive, and a chore for the most part. I want a value like group morale that can alter how much a group gains from rehearsals: a lower morale decreases gains and a higher morale increases gains.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
iRyzoh
Ok guys I have officially lost all interest in this game (FOR NOW). Reason why, is because this game requires no skill to play, the scores are %100 based on how long you have been playing this game. For example, if the #1 player on this game was to create a new account right at the start of next season, there is literally %0 chance of them winning ANY championships during their first few seasons. But even when people DO level up enough to have a chance at winning the Division Championship, they will only get to win MAYBE one time before they are promoted to the next division. This is even a problem for me, because I am close to being one of the best in Division 2, but I know that if I level up any more of my staff, I will bounce right up to Division 1 and get absolutely obliterated next season. So in the meantime, I know it's going to take a while, but I'm just going to sit back and relax while I raise funds until I get enough money to do well in Division 1. See you guys then!! That is if anybody is still here lol. Don't get me wrong, this game is amazing! It's just too unfair for us noobies!
e
Chrisf98
Yeah, when I started playing, there were literally hundreds of people in division 3 alone and now there's like not even 30. I wish this game was more popular but I'm still gonna keep playing it for now, hopefully it'll increase in popularity in the near future. Maybe if the game had an update or something to keep it fresh, I think that would help.
siaaidil98
Yeah an update would be nice! Hope to see one soon... Meanwhile, we just have to keep rehearsing and hope that more people will start playing :)
B account for sia98aidil98

SIA Scouts (STADC) - S68 Div II Champs
SIA Esquires (STAMB) - S68 Div II Champs, S65 Div III Champs
SIA Diamonds - S68 Div II Champs
SIA Drums - S68 Div II Champs
Cordyanza
To be honest, the game seems to be picking up speed yet again (especially since band season has began.) We can expect a loss of players when band season ends, then we can expect an influx of players when it begins again.
theamazing1
I'm sad... I keep forgetting about this game :(. I have these moments where I just remember about it all of the sudden lol
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
FastForward2
I am considering bringing back my group for some good clean fun.
theamazing1
Oh fun
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
cire
Just thought I'd drop in..

for those of you who don't know me.. you missed out. Just kidding. I'm of the very first v2 users, used to be a mod, and held the distinction of never being out of the top 5 in Div 1 for all of my groups.. even winning a few seasons in each (still in the top 25-30 of high score for all of my groups). I told myself once I drop out of the top 5, I will probably stop playing.. and that's basically what happened (for a few reasons).. but as someone mentioned, it really is a chore.. I remember having to set alarms throughout the night just so I could get my practices in. Being a web developer myself, I did have an advantage that I was always on the computer. but I can definitely see why people would want to stop playing after awhile when nothing changes.

For everyone else, nice to still see a few familiar faces around! I will talk to Alex to see if he would be willing to share the reigns, although the last time I talked to him about it, he said something to the effect that the code is so sloppy he wouldn't feel comfortable sharing it.

On a side note, I've been wanting to do another FMA type of game, where it is just drum corps - but more along the lines of running a Drum Corps.. where you have a budget, have to recruit an hire staff, hire support staff, get members, pay for expenses, and so on.. but it would be more realistic where members get better each season, but age out.. staff lose interest or retire, etc.. so it's an ever changing and growing playing field. Anyways, it's one of my many side projects I will probably never get to.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"