Login Create Account
Div 1
Rikileitr
I just saw that my Drumline got put into Division 1, while this should be exciting I'm also aware that my drumline isn't likely to make semi-finals this season. I tried to keep my difficulty low so I could stay in div 1 until my drumline is ready to make finals.

Does anyone have any idea how the website decides what division you are in?
Cadets 12, 14
Eastside Fury 11-14
sia98aidil98
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the division assignment is weird and trying to figure out how it works haha. My colour guard and drumline were pretty low key in div 3 last season but got bumped up to div 2. My marching band was pretty active and won div 2 last season but still stayed in div 2 this season.
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
Rikileitr
I'm not really sure how the game decides. Maybe an algorithm?
Cadets 12, 14
Eastside Fury 11-14
jcrawford26
It seems like it bases it off of strength relative to the groups active in that particular season. I have had a group in each category since I started on this site but my drum corps has always lagged behind the marching band, guard, and drumline even though it generally gets the most attention.

The drum corps circuit seems to be the most active. My 4 groups moved up to D2 in their second season but the drum corps moved back to D3 in a later season despite scoring very similarly to my other groups. It has since returned to D2 and is improving but the others (especially guard for some reason) have done way better even though I play all of them equally.
Euphony Empire - Atlanta Honor Band - Empire Guard - Euphony Thunder
Season 66 Division II Champions
I think the biggest test regarding division placement is time. If you move to Div. 1 and stay in that division for multiple continuous seasons, then that must mean that the game thinks your truly ready to compete at the highest level.
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
OreoGamer964
My group this season placed D2, despite placing 2nd overall, and the 3rd and 4th place groups were placed in D1. I don't like that...
1X Division II DCI Champion
All of my groups at Gold Coast have moved up from division 2 to division 1 with the exception of my drum corps which is in division 2.
Gold Coast Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast B Drum and Bugle Corps, Gold Coast C Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Gold Coast Marching Ensemble - ENCORE
Gold Coast Winterguard - INS
Gold Coast Indoor - R
hellomynameis347
I don't know how the game decides, I just know it's a bit strange. After one season and 0 wins, ending in a 6th place finish at Div III finals, my drumline is a Div II, while my much more successful drum corps and colorguard are still Div III
Lone Star Crusaders
Pride of Piney Woods
Lone Star Drumline
Spartan Marching Band

Pronouns: He/They
TheHuman
^It's really strange. I think its done by what the game thinks your potential is. In division 3 theres people scoring 53s-56s and moving up. Division 2 has people scoring 65s-75s yet moving up to division 1. But then sometimes the most successful groups stay down.
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
theamazing1
You kind of just go with the flow... things like these have been going on for a really long time now, there's nothing you can do about it. Every time I start I season that I know I won't get top 5 with I just take a fundraising session (either I'm too busy or I end up in a higher division then I can manage. ) if you can just keep doing that, upgrading stuff, getting used to whatever rehearsing flow that works for you, you'll find yourself up there like everybody else. (At least in theory.)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Solaris132
Drumlines usually go up first, that's what happened to me whey back when.

*way
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker