Login Create Account
An Outsider's Perspective of FMA
Duffin
Hello! I am Duffin, I stumbled across this game a few days ago, and was very excited for what I had found. This is an incredible concept and I can't believe I hadn't found it sooner, it's really a cool idea. I have been very active in my short time here, but have felt very alone. I have joined a couple of leagues but there is just no community there.

I've spent hours already looking through forums and learning the history of this game, finding out the legendary players and sort. But there just seems to be nothing left to accomplish for anyone. Nobody is really around and I don't know if that is going to change. I think I'm here to stay at least until the end of the 66th season, but I don't know if there is any point to me trying to do what has already been accomplished by so many, with way less knowledge and close to 8 years too late. Maybe if forums were active, or a real-time chat, I would spend a lot more time here to engage with fellow DCI Lovers and Band Enthusiasts, but for now I feel surrounded by AI.

Sorry if this post has overall negative vibes, I absolutely love this game and can't wait to learn more as I progress. I wish you all luck in next weeks events!
Founder of Marching Music's Finest, A new Marching Band League experience!

Banditos
Bandito Cadets
Skeleton Cliquettes
Josh Dunners
BlueDevils
When the game first started in this new version, the community was much more active. I know that I personally used to write Drum Corps round ups every week, but then school became more and more strenuous and I just didn't have the time any more. I'd love to be able to do that, but grad school makes the problem even worse.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
Solaris132
I think once Christmas Break begins, it'll be more active, I know I will be,
at least for me.

There are always one or two seasons where activity is lesser than normal, and this is one of them, and more often than not it's around the end of the school semesters or some other important event like Finals (DCI, DCA, Boa, WGI, etc).

Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
theamazing1
I think that has to do with the inactivity of commentators/conversation starters. We're all still around, we just have a lot going on right now that it's hard to keep up with this thing. For me, this is an “On My Free Time" game. I don't usually look at it until I come across some free time, (unless I'm on a specific rehearsal schedule, but when I am I just come to rehearse, not check the forums) but for me, free time doesn't come around very often anymore.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
ChrisRohn
A live chat room would help. Personally I would be here now if that were a prominent and active feature. We all have to be here every few hours anyway, right?

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department