Login Create Account
Crazy Band Stories, Whats yours?
linksyr1
During my junior year of high school we were on our way to a tournament and just as we exited the free way some guy ran striaght into the back of our bus. We sat at the side of the exit waiting for highway patrol to show up, took them about an hour to get to us and litteraly the stadium was just half a mile a way from us. After the whole situation was sorted out our bus wouldnt start and we just ran in our uniforms. As soon as we got to the stadium we grabbed our instruments and headed straight for the field, no warm up or anything. As soon as we got on the field for set 1 they started the show, we missed the introduction and everything. We ended up placing 2nd that night which was all good.
Im going all the way up
CTrain
Okay, I got a few, some from Drum Corps, others from Band.

One summer during drum corps, we had a bus break down. so some of us stayed behind to help load the other bus with the stuff, I stayed behind because I wanted to make sure my stuff was still intact..., and I got bored sitting on a bus for several hours so why not? However, the bus that was going to take those who didn't stay behind, was the staff bus and one of the staff members leaves to stand outside for a bit... yet, the staff bus drives off and leaves him with us.
It's night time in Mississippi, and the bugs are out. Fortunately, the replacement bus wasn't too far away, and we managed to get everything loaded, of course the staff guy is off about his bus leaving him behind, which I thought was funny in an ironic sort of fashion.

In the end it was a good thing, the school we were going to be staying at, that night if we'd gone there, the plumbing wasn't working, so we would've been there, overnight, without plumbing if the bus didn't break down.
So, dawn breaks as we get on our new bus, we head over to the school to change into our uniforms, and perform that night (a good run), and head onto the next location.

My rookie year, on my birthday, we had a show at a place during a drought, the night before, we showered with hoses, which was awesome, it was then I realized I left my water jug in another state, (we were in Oklahoma, my jug was in Missouri), so I just bought a ton of water bottles, which ended up being a good thing because afterwards everyone had to bleach their jugs, and mine was still in a-whole-nother state.

At my college, one year, we get ready to do pregame, however, the opposing team wasn't there on time, so they still had to do their on field warm ups, the officials pushed the kick off time back due to that. So, the band is standing there while the other team is doing their warm up, and the pictures taken were pretty funny. I don't remember whether or not we did our full pregame show, I think we did.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
Cordyanza
Very short, but all of our instruments completely froze over- no trombones could actually play, all 8 sousaphones were rendered inoperable... we became a marching chorus for that performance.
Solaris132
Anytime the staff in the box leaves the mic on and they don't know it's on...

...always a good time.
Executive Paintducer: Ross Bobart
Chief Engineer: Geordie Leforge
Camera 1&2: Wayne Campbell
Audio: Ted E. Ruxpin
Lighting: Tom Edison
Boom: Goes the Dynamite
Eternal Love For: Bug n' Parker
catomi01
College - junior or senior year, I was driving the equipment truck to a rehearsal. Parked on the grass by the side line of our practice field as we always do, only it had rained the day before and the field was a mess of mud. Got there with no issues, so I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward about 2-3 hours and we load up the truck - try to take off and succeed in only burying the truck half-way up to its wheels - try everything to get it out and only succeed in tearing ruts in the field about 10 feet in each direction 2 feet deep. Finally we gave in and called for a some one to get us with a back-ho. From then on we parked on the concrete and made everyone walk the last couple hundred feet if it had rained any time in the previous 4 weeks.