Login Create Account
I have an idea
Stradivarius
I would like to set a date and time at which a large portion of the current active users post this website to their facebook profiles in an attempt to recruit more people and get more active membership. Here's how I'd recommend we do this:

#1: we need at least 10 or more people or there will be little to no change

#2: in the post we should include a short message as to why the game is enjoyable to you

#3: a short description of the game

#4: mention that there is a forum in which people may converse about the FMA and all other related topics

The game is going to die if we, the users, do nothing to save it. Maybe if Alex sees the site come back to life he might be able to allocate more time to general maintenance and updates!

I look forward to hearing any ideas about this potential FMA resurgence plan. Maybe it won't work. Maybe it's already too late... But I miss the game and it was an important part of my life growing up.

Lets make FMA great again.
12 years later
echstrumpet8
I'd gladly participate in this. A Facebook post is what brought me here in the big boom of season 39. I'd love for another numbers boost to happen. This site needs something for sure.
Bailey Knight
Pride of Peachtree (CLASS)
Peachtree Cadet Marching Band (ENCORE)
Spin and Rinse (FLAG)(Operator)
Renegade Percussion (PERC)(BoD)
sia98aidil98
Good idea! To add on, maybe post on drum corps/marching arts related forums like DCP, MicroMarching or World of Pageantry. Pool in money to have adverts on DCI.org maybe? (got a feeling its going to be expensive but just a suggestion)
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
Stradivarius
I like it! Multiple forums at once could really help the site. So we could just mass post about it and try to get the word out. It would create a mass influx of people in division 2 and 3 in seasons to come. Division 1 will eventually get bigger if people stick with it.
12 years later
gcurrier
I think its a great idea---I am also active with DCPI their fantasy forums and this TRULY doesnt compete with that since they are so different, so I dont mind posting in the DCPI forum as well as facebook. Interestingly DCPI has struggled as well, took a large hit after 2016 when they no longer released scores until finals, but it was already going down hill and we never recovered. We actually cancelled the of season this year for lack of interest, so maybe its a combined issue? Maybe more of their directors would be willing to join here if we had a group willing to join there as well (glad to assist anyone on how DCPI works if interested). Just an additional thought--but I think this campaign is a great idea
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
saxamattone
It might be a good idea to create a facebook page for FMA. Maybe even a page for each league? I've always thought about this because we never know when this site may come down and never come back up. If that were to happen it would be a place where we could stay in touch if nothing else.

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
its funny I actually started messing around with a CLASS one once so that we could keep in touch across all the platforms CLASS is in, but I never fully got it going or shared--but also think thats a good idea.

ChrisRohn
I think the only thing that would get me back into this is if it was a DCPI style fantasy web page that was set up like all of the great fantasy sports pages.

There are too much fantasy and make-believe scenarios, not enough real hard data and stats.

I want in-game analytics tools with all of the data already in the system so I don't have to spend time putting it in my own spreadsheets.

Rotating off-seasons between live DCI, BOA, and WGI seasons.

I don't have the technical knowledge to create anything like it but it's what would get me back in the game.

Chris

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
ChrisRohn
For Example: 2018 Fantasy Calendar

Off Season 1 DC/MB/CG/DL - 4 Weeks 12/31-1/27
WGI Live Guard - 11 Weeks 1/28-4/14
WGI Live Percussion - 11 Weeks 2/4-4/21
WGI Live Winds - 10 Weeks 2/12-4/22
Off Season 2 DC/MB/CG/DL - 4 Weeks 4/22-5/19
Off Season 3 DC/MB/CG/DL - 4 Weeks 5/20-6/16
DCI Live - 8 Weeks 6/17-8/11
Off Season 4 DC/MB/CG/DL - 5 Weeks 8/12-9/15
BOA Live - 8 weeks 9/16-11/10
Off Season 5 DC/MB/CG/DL - 5 Weeks 11/11-12/15

Off Seasons would randomly select years for each caption using actual scores from the actual recaps from historical DCI/BOA/WGI competition. Years would depend on the data in the system.

This kind of thing would be so exciting and there would only be short offseasons between the longer live seasons. Someone make this game, please!

Chris

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Duffin
I definitely have not been around as long as this crowd, but I am willing to help in whatever way I can to boost numbers. I'm sure taking to Reddit about the game may prove to bring in new members, if this hasn't already been tried. Subreddits such as r/drumcorps and r/marchingband may be solid places to go to give the pitch. To my knowledge a lot of people are already familiar with the game but it just takes the right eyes to see it, you know? I will stay updated with this thread and help however possible.
Founder of Marching Music's Finest, A new Marching Band League experience!

Banditos
Bandito Cadets
Skeleton Cliquettes
Josh Dunners
sia98aidil98
Hmm so how do we go about doing all of this?
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
nathanwilliams
How many people are still in Marching band? I went through four years of band and never heard about this game until recently. If people just wrote the website for this game on the board in the band room or told their sections about it, we would see a lot more users.
Duffin
Guys! Look at the recent registration numbers! I don't know if you all have been doing some crazy good advertising, but the amount of new players in the past two days since this post is crazy compared to normal registration numbers. Either someone has made many new accounts or we are doing our part to share the site around! Lets hope for the latter, you guys are awesome!
Founder of Marching Music's Finest, A new Marching Band League experience!

Banditos
Bandito Cadets
Skeleton Cliquettes
Josh Dunners
gcurrier
that would be awesome if they all became active!

mceuph
I said something in a Reddit thread a couple days ago.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Stradivarius
mceuph the true mvp! SO yeah was thinking maybe this friday we could all take to social media at the same time to get a massive infux of new members (and maybe even have people return!). How does 8 pm server time sound? Everyone makes a post and we can share it around if we are friends. Maybe we could have a post drafted here for everyone to copy paste?
12 years later