Login Create Account
Crashes
JoelKelley
The site has been “unavailable” and has crashed repeatedly through the past two days. It is very inconvenient and now it says that the events that happened over the past two days, never happened and have no results.
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
rboneseveneight
Probably Alex not paying his domain bills. Happened last year too. He’s not very active with this site anymore.
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
sia98aidil98
I think we need to find a way to settle the domain ourselves. Basically a new moderator that knows technical website-y stuff :/

I know there was a discussion about this a few months back but I think its time that we have to really do something about it
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
rboneseveneight
I would be able to do that, if no one objects.
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
sia98aidil98
I'm sure everyone will support you, go for it! Send an email to Alex stating your intentions
saxamattone
I would object.

No offense, but rboneseveneight has only been involved on this site for a little over a year. Though Alex might not keep things running perfectly all the time this has been his "baby" for what, 15 years? including FMA v1 and FMB? For the most part he's done a great job just to keep this place up and running, hiccups or not, for all this time at his own expense. When was the last time anyone here made a donation to him for these expenses through the "support FMA tab" everyone overlooks at the top of the page?

I don't support anyone approaching Alex to take things over. If he reaches out to us for someone to take over then that's another thing. Until then, play this game as it is and accept the issues as they come up. Or, build your own game on your own domain. I'll come over and play there as well if you do!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
theamazing1
With sax on that one. I've used the Support FMA tab a few seasons last year and once this year, so I hope that could help with whatever needs to be helped. I've been here for almost 2 1/2 years now and I feel like every problem that has shown up either fixes itself or is manually fixed by him. Either way, it's his site that he put the time in for, and that's something we should appreciate and play until it's down forever.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
sia98aidil98
Well you guys do have a point, its still Alex's baby and it has to come from Alex himself if he calls out for assistance on maintaining this site.Till then, I guess we should be greatful for what we already have and use the 'Support' tab to help this site out, long live FMA and Alex!
AAustin19
sax, i totally agree with you. Unless he asks for someone to take over, take the game as it is or create your own game. However, to your remark,

"When was the last time anyone here made a donation to him for these expenses through the "support FMA tab" everyone overlooks at the top of the page?"

People HAVE "supported" the site and the site crashing and other glitches never stopped occurring. I think with the site crashing, it's not always a matter of "support" but rather how long it takes for Alex to respond and fix it. Sometimes it's a glitch in the program that Alex has to fix manually and not a server issue. Also, players have frowned upon others spending money on their games... so I see why it doesnt' happen much.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!
Stradivarius
It really doesn't effect the game that much if you support the website. Back in the previous version of the support page, you could spend 20 bucks and get ungodly amounts of energy refills, allowing you to rehearse stupid amounts and get ridiculous score gains.

So basically, you can support without breaking the game now!
12 years later
AAustin19
that's true.. you don't get as much of a boost as you used to get when you spend money on the game. it probably only makes a difference and has a greater effect on the newer players. 4000 influence is a lot when you're starting out.
Drum Corps: Ghost Ryders (FAME)

Marching Band: Band Together

Color guard: Spinnerettes

Drum line: Flamtastic!