Login Create Account
Southwind Returns!
DaltonBates16
FMA Members,

The Executive Board and Corps Director, Dalton Bates, are proud to announce that Southwind Drum and Bugle Corps is back, after last competing in Season 42!

Southwind was first founded during Season 14, and quickly advanced to 9th in Division III Finals in Season 17, and earning the Bronze Medal in Division III Finals in Season 19!

Southwind then applied to the FMA Board and was accepted as a corps in Division II! In our Inaugural Division II season, we earned 8th place in Finals! After some restructuring to our instructional and design staff, we fell in ranking and over the next several seasons were proud Division II Semi-finalists! In Season 25, we proudly made Division II Finals in 12th place! Season 26 was special to us, as it was the first time our corps received a score over 80, with our 8th place Div. II production, : "And the Tony Goes To...".

After proven success and sustainability in our seasons in Division II, we appealed to the FMA Board for the opportunity to continue growing as a Division I corps - and was accepted! In Season 31, we made Division I Semifinals, with a score of 83.630! We were also a Division I semi-finalist in Season 32!

After some more staff changes and unsuccessful fundraising seasons, Southwind soon went inactive.

We are proud to announce that Southwind is BACK and is excited to participate in the end of the 69th Season!

In Season 69, Southwind Proudly Presents:

"Awakening"
-Exit Music - Radiohead
-A Time For Us - Romeo and Juliet
-A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics - James Horner
-Symphonic Movement - Nelhybel
-America - Simon and Garfunkel

We hope to rediscover our identity and "awaken" as a returning Division II corps!
Founder and proud member of DCA (Drum Corps Associates)
Stradivarius
oh wow thats awesome! Lots of the old guard coming back! Welcome back man!
12 years later
gcurrier
Glad to have you back
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ