Login Create Account
director ashfire: season 2 shows
ashfire
i have three shows for three different bands this season. my marching band (korinth marching wolves) is apearing for the second time, while my drum corp (korinth marching bugles) and drumline (pheonix ash), after prepping for half of last season, is starting strong for their first actual season.

korinth marching wolves is doing a show called 'it's all about the music'. the show won't be much visual, but we plan to make the audience throw babies (angola marching band saying) over the music. more about the music actually used in performance will be relayed to the public at a later date.

korinth marching bugles is performing a show called nuts and bolts. the theme is about all the members of the band coming together and basically holding the program together, like nuts and bolts, for where would the program be without it's members? the visual shows many simple machines on different parts of the show. my idea is that different movements will feature different machines, and in the end of the final movement, the members will hold together all the machines in a fashion similar to 'mouse trap'. the music for this will also be relayed to the public at a later date.

pheonix ash will be performing a show based on mike oldfields 'tubular bells'. most of the visual will be basic, but the real attention getter will be our 50 feet tall tubular bells. obviously, the music will all be features from the tubular bells album, although the specific peices will be relayed to the public at a later date.

in all, i hope to have a great season with all three of my bands. last season, i was in division one, but i didn't do well with these top bands because work and irl band create full schedule for me. as a result i hope to be in division two this season so that i actually have a fighting chance.
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
saxkennedy
what up zack. Its josh. My director name is saxkennedy
Joshua Kennedy