Login Create Account
Parade
Aaron0316
Hi all, it's been a long time since we had a parade. I want to host a parade for FMA finals. If you want to participate, please respond to me privately and submit the following:

Band Name (or group ((any circuit)) name):

Music Choice for Parade show (please try to submit a YouTube link):

Distribute of Points:

You have 2000 points to distribute between these captions......

Winds:
Percussion:
Music Ensemble:
Music Effect:

Guard:
Visual Ensemble:
Visual Effect:

You must respond with all the criteria to be considered for the parade. I hope to see a big turn out.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Aaron0316
You have until Tuesday, August 21st to apply.. The winner will be announced Thursday after Prelims.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
cjbuckley1997
Applied!
Connor Buckley - Executive Director - White Star Org.

White Star - CLASS
White Star Cadets - ENCORE
Illumination - FLAG
Lithium Indoor - DRUMS founder

OAS AAS LLS
Aaron0316
Great! I'm glad, people are applying for the parade.

I forgot to clarify something in the original post. Please only choose 1 of your groups to enter the parade. Someone tried to apply with their marching band and drum corps (which is my fault for not clarifying the limit), but I only will accept one group per person.

Thanks!

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Perihelion
Just applied too!
Original Co-Founder of SkyTeam

SkyRyders STADC - S67-68 Div II Silver
RainGlyders STAMB - S67 Div II Champ, S68 Div II Silver
Cloudsurfers DRUMS - S68 Div II Bronze
Mist-erious LEGS - S68 Div II
Aaron0316
Hello, All, Wednesday is the last day to apply for the parade which kicks off FMA finals on prelims day! If you want to register one of your groups, please read the original post and send a message to me privately. Thanks!

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
JoelKelley
Registered
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
Aaron0316
I work 1 PM - 9:30 PM today. I'll have the parade results posted after work.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
theamazing1
PST? (Sorry I can’t remember where you live lol)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Aaron0316
Central Time.. I actually live in St. Louis :-)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Aaron0316
Today thousands of spectators lined the street to witness the FMA-Finals parade. It was a short parade as there were only 5 entries, but these groups did not fail to please the audience and the judges.

First up was New Prairie Marching Cougar Band (location unknown) performing Americans We by Fillmore, and it was a great way to kick off the parade. The guard had a very tight routine and set the bar very high for the others. As an ensemble they were both musically and visually clean. I wasn't familiar with the piece that they did, but it definitely put me in the mood for marching music.

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/xst0QKtiMwY

**************************************************************************************************

Next in line to perform was Sky Ryders Drum & Bugle Corps all the way from DeSoto, Texas. Their musical selection was Dambusters March. The siren in the beginning was unexpected and definitely made me curious about what was coming. This is a fast-paced piece and quite the difficult piece for a parade selection. Their brass line is spectacular. I definitely see them getting a high score in winds. Unfortunately, their guard had a very simple routine and had some issues. Visually they weren't too impressive. I can tell they practiced the music more than they practiced the marching. Overall, they were strong enough to be a contender. I'm curious to see what the judges think about their performance.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaSZvr9FV6U

**************************************************************************************************

I was disappointed that the next group was only able to perform in exhibition as they didn't meet all the criteria. White Star Cadets from Lancaster, PA performed Rolling Thunder March by Henry Fillmore. This piece is amazing! I thought the last group's music selection was tough. Wowsers! It's fast, it's difficult, and it's performed very well. If they would have met all the judging criteria, they would've, for sure, won the parade competition - if not come very close to it. They marched and played their butts off - incredible stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9MrRWsSK5g

Next in parade competition were the Warren Devils from Gurnee. They performed the University of Iowa fight song. I wasn't very impressed with the musical selection, but I thought it was an okay performance. The crowd seemed to get into what they were doing. Their lines were mostly clean and most everyone was in step. They definitely had one of the better guards so far. I'll leave it to the judges to decide where Warren Devils will place today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ANP8g8wrE

Last, but never least, all the way from Wenatchee, WA, and a fan favorite in the parade competition, was Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band performing Escorpión. Pardon my "French" but Holy schitt! RIght from the start, they blew me anyway. I enjoyed the latin flavor they brought. My only criticism is that they were a bit dirty musically. Nevertheless, they were LOUD! and the crowd didn't seem to mind as they went nuts when Wenatchee passed by them. I saw smiles on the judges faces. It's in their hands now for the results.

YouTube link: http://youtu.be/LJ7Rw3N-XQY

Best Winds: (tie) Sky Ryders Drum and Bugle Corps and Warren Devils

Best Percussion: (tie) Sky Ryders Drum and Bugle Corps and Warren Devils

Best Guard: New Prairie Marching Cougar Band

Highest Ensemble Score: Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band

Best GE: Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band

Spirit of FMA Award for best musical selection according to the fans - Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band

4th - Warren Devils (85.333)
3rd - New Prairie Marching Cougar Band (86.000)
2nd - Sky Ryders Drum and Bugle Corps (86.667)

1st - Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band (90.000)

Congrats to the Wenatchee High School Golden Apple Marching Band for winning today's parade competition. Thanks everyone for performing in the FMA finals parade. I hope we can get a bigger turnout next season.

Good luck to everyone as we head into the semi-final round today!

P.S If you want the full recap, message me, and I'll find some time to put it together.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
theamazing1
Cool stuff! Thanks Aaron! I’ve played that piece in a couple parades and we do end up having a dirty musical performance with it haha- so it’s a pretty accurate depiction of how we usually do :,). Definitely will enter in every one of these from now on, we will never miss a good parade :)
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
JoelKelley
Thank you!! Americans We is a lesser known march but I thoroughly enjoy it b3cause it was featured in the movie, “Mr. Holland’s Opus”. But thank you! This was fun! I may have to host my own parade at some point next season... maybe a Labour Day Parade!
H. Kelley

JStutsman
Mr. Holland's Opus... there is an amazing movie that I haven't seen in ages. I think its time to dust that one off and watch soon!

This parade was AWESOME! I enjoy this! Next season if I remember, I'll try to participate!
JoelKelley
The Marching Black & Gold is ready for this years parades! How about one this week in honor of Labor Day?
H. Kelley

Stradivarius
Would love to do this again.
12 years later
JoelKelley
Okay we have got to get this for this seasons finals! Or maybe twice!
H. Kelley

JoelKelley
So who is gonna do it this year!?
H. Kelley

JoelKelley
Could we do this again this year??
H. Kelley

ScepTorBird
Aaron0316 do this again, this seems awesome as heck!
Director of everything InFinIte, Aurorain, IPA, and APA!