Login Create Account
Season 71: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions
TheHuman
This is a general thread for discussing standings, competitions, show themes, and such. It can be used for lore, home show promotion, all that good stuff. Don't be afraid to discuss!
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
ThomasIsBass3
Thanks for making this! But because I was late for this season, I'm going to do a full corps/drumline introduction and press release next season. I think I'm going to stop my CG and marching band for a bit until I get more established in the game again. I'm sorry about my two year absence, but I'll be back until I go to basic in December.
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)
JoeBraeuner
Haha I've been watching Aaron slowly close the point gap all season. I'm really nervous to see if the slim .250 point lead I've got now holds up over the last week heading into Finals. Also, could we see the first 100 in drum corps this season? Both Aaron and I have gotten close in the past, and are close again this year
Father Ryan Color Guard - 6x DI gold; 18x DI finalist
Father Ryan Drumline - 5x DI gold; 17x DI finalist
Father Ryan Band - 5x DI gold; 14x DI finalist
Nashville Sound - 5x DI gold; 13x DI finalist
Aaron0316
This has been a very intense season of competition for my groups. We've barely missed a beat - only losing an hour of rehearsal due to bad weather. I believe that not only could there be one or more 100s in drum corps - for the first time - and marching band but it might be the first-ever tie for a championship in the drum corps and marching band circuit- possibly at 100 and the first-ever tie in two circuits in the same season. It's very likely that season 71 will be a season of many records being set and broken.

Also, my B-groups, Vanguard Knights, Alton High Marching 100, Alton Spinnerettes, and Syncopation who have been fighting hard all season, are poised to win more D2 medals and possibly some more championships, which is surprising because I didn't rehearse during preseason and Week 1. They were going to take an Asian tour and raise funds believing they would be in D1 again, but plans changed when we dropped to D2. (I decided - what the hell, I'll try for it and see where I finish). It's been a fight to climb the ranks, and I'd like to give a shout out to my D2 rival Perihelion for pushing to win more gold medals this season. Good luck.

I can't believe it's already finals week!

Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
JoeBraeuner
Oops, I may have accidentally maxed out a few captions too early in the week... Gotta hope that regression doesn't hit before Finals
Aaron0316
Arrrgg. . Yeah, I noticed. It will be interesting to see what happens. I can't recall anyone hitting 100 this early in the guard circuit.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
JoeBraeuner
And in the drum corps circuit, as well. I was trying to be careful, but my GE captions hit 20 last night too
Aaron0316
You might be okay in drum corps. I've only seen regression in colorguard when someone peaks too soon. This is a learning experience for all.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
TheHuman
I've been kinda bad with rehearsing this season (band rehearsals, and now band camp. Typing this on my 15 minute break lol.) but I'm already totally excited for next season. My band and corp will have a TON of money. My corp's been full time fundraising and my band lightly. By the end of the season, my corps will have ~89K, and my band ~80K (69K from my home show alone!). Excited to see the score jump.
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
sia98aidil98
Same here too. I barely have time to log in and rehearse since I am serving my national service. Think I might have to do fundraising for the next few seasons...
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
ThomasIsBass3
This season I've been trying to get back in the habit of playing, because that's really what it takes. Lol
But next season everything will get easier because I'll have a defined work schedule and life schedule before I go to basic training in the season after next! sia98aidil98 is that what you'll be doing?
BASSic Productions:
JStutsman
My my group - FJRMB FANS in only its 2nd season is making real strides. Although we aren’t at the top of div 3, we have been steadily rising in the ranks. Just tonight we finally broke a score of above 56! Hitting 60 by seasons end will be a tall order given that the only contests left for us are FMA contest, but we will keep trying until the end. The goal this season is to make semi-finals.
ThomasIsBass3
Hey man, keep pushing! 59 isn't out of the question! I've done a point per day before

I'm really intrigued at the race for second place in the D2 Drumline scoring. Hoping I can jump ahead!
BASSic Productions:
JStutsman
Thanks for the support! I've been watching that race to the top in Div 2 drumline. It actually inspired me to start a drumline... coming in season 73!
ThomasIsBass3
Sweet! I actually started with just Drumline and Guard. I have no clue why I didn't do all four lol

Also, I'm in love with the minimalist show theme you've got. Philip Glass and Steve Reich are two of my biggest inspirations.
BASSic Productions:
sia98aidil98
@ThomasIsBass3 yup! Will still log in from time to time but it looks like the SIA Organisation will take a hiatus indefinitely. While it is quite unfortunate considering Season 72 is going to be our 10th season back and 60th anniversary its probably for the best due to my current inability to commit to this at a competitive level. Best of luck to all competing groups this season and next!
Re:Sound Collective - 2x D1 Bronze, 1x D2&D3 Champ
Excelsior Winds - 3x D1 Silver, 2x D1 Bronze
Antiphony - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D2 Champ
conNexus - 2x D1 Silver, 1x D1 Bronze
JoelKelley
Same kinda. It’s been sad, I’ve been so busy over the summer that these two seasons have been wretched. But that’s okay. Next season we will win the finals!!
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
JStutsman
ThomasIsBass3 - Yea I have no idea why I started with only marching band tbh. I think I just wanted to get a general grasp of the game first. And thanks for the compliment on the show! Philip Glass is like one of my all time favs!
ThomasIsBass3
Sia98aidl98, that's awesome! Which service are you entering?

JoelKelly, we're holding you to it now. Lol

JStutsman, makes sense! I think that's what I did basically. I love Steve Reich, I've even played one of his ensembles - Music for Pieces of Wood, one of the most annoying and repetitive awesome ensembles.
BASSic Productions:
JStutsman
I love Music For Pieces of Wood!

Also, WE MADE IT TO SEMI FINALS! Ranked 9th!! Woohoo! Is finals in our future in only our second season? We shall find out!