Login Create Account
WAG - Wanna make this site a little more active?
theamazing1
Hello FMA. Yes, I know. I went a little out on a limb here. This can end up being a huge flop for me, and honestly, I'm fine with that. I could just be another dumb player who is making a big mistake that will cost the future of my entire color guard and FMA will just go about its business per usual and ignore this. Here’s my proposition.
In recent seasons, we have had player after player complain about how bored and tired they are of this site. The competition has become dull, the smaller guys don’t have a chance, ect. Stay with me here. These feelings have remained throughout the color guard circuits for a really long time simply because scores are just too high. Nobody is interested in the color guard world anymore because there is nothing to be interested in. So many guys in the 1st divisions are hitting 100s like it’s a walk in a park, and it gets to the point where nobody cares about it anymore - they just do it to do it. I haven’t heard a good discussion about color guard competition since around the time I joined this site.
Here it is: an interactive league that has different competitions within itself along with the usual FMA circuit. These competitions may include: an elimination game, most in depth show, highest score increase (So the people who get higher scores would have to deliberate their way to getting a low score in the beginning of the season and working their way up), making music through a music software that fits with the show, using mircomarching, and MORE ideas in the making. These individual competitions just may be what makes doing this a little more interesting and it may even boost some activity.

I’ve had an idea to do something like this for a while, and there are several kinks that I have to work through, but I don’t think we’ll ever figure out what works until we try new things. I’m not asking everybody to drop everything and join (which might be kinda cool and might even be what we need), but I really don’t see what you would be missing if you tried it out. None of the color guard leagues are very active right now, some have owners that haven’t been active for a while, you wouldn't really lose group history because most of the records on these color guard leagues haven’t been updated in a couple years. So… Who’s with me?
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
Aaron0316
I'll try anything to make guard more interesting.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Perihelion
Instead of a new league, why not a collaboration with the other guard leagues? Right now there is a surplus of guard leagues, and I think it would be better if we can all have a united front rather than dilute number of guard leagues here. In fact we can have inter-league competitions as well!
Original Co-Founder of SkyTeam

SkyRyders STADC - S67-68 Div II Silver
RainGlyders STAMB - S67 Div II Champ, S68 Div II Silver
Cloudsurfers DRUMS - S68 Div II Bronze
Mist-erious LEGS - S68 Div II
theamazing1
Welcome! That's a good sign haha! If we get enough by Wednesday I'll put something cool together. As of right now, I'd just apply for regular events and leave the last day open for championships.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Aaron0316
I agree with Perihelion. It shouldn't be exclusive. However, I joined your new league, Tyler. Really there are only three major guard leagues, anyway.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
Perihelion
Awesome, I actually have my SkyTeam administrative account host a competition that is open to the public, even though SkyTeam members get a priority. Maybe that could be one of the destinations/avenues for this new interactive co-op

theamazing1
Perhelion, fair point. I don't really think our current guard leagues are very active at the moment though. There isn't enough people active in each league to collaborate on that level, and my idea was kinda to have one active league where people can come to to have extra things to participate in and be a part of one organization.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Scorch Color guard
Perihelion
I get where you are coming from and welcome your organisation to FMA! I won't be joining this new league though as I have SkyTeam to run! Despite the idealogical differences, I would encourage our members to join those extra things if you guys are willing to accommodate us

Aaron0316
I went from independent to joining a new league, but I don't expect groups currently in leagues like SkyTeam, LEGS, and FLAGS to quit and join WAGS, though I like the idea of creating new ways to compete - let's see where it goes.

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
ThomasIsBass3
We do need to do more inter-league competition. I don't know if y'all remember, but before PEARL dissolved, we (DRUMS) had a competition with them, Chase for the Pearl or something like that. It was hosted on a rotating schedule between the two leagues and their members. We should do more of that, maybe with BoD members taking on those kinds of contests so that it keeps people active? I'm always into reaching out to my league members as a president. But maybe if we did something like that again?? (My league isn't big enough, I'm not doing this for ICE lol)
BASSic Productions:
The Lean Mean Green Fighting Machine (ICE President)
Norman North Drumline (DRUMS)