Login Create Account
How do I get better?
Rich
I discovered this site late November so it's my first season and I want to know if there are any tips or tricks I should know?
Director of Lynx performance ensembles
mceuph
In the short term, just rehearse every 6 hours.

In the long term, be sure to host events every season. Be sure to do this on a week day and also avoid the last week of the season.

Events will get you a lot of money which you can use to upgrade your staff which will forever give you a boost.

Running campaigns are also helpful in the long term to gain influence or money, but your scores will suffer in the short term.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
JoeBraeuner
I took a different path than I think most people normally do, in that I spent a few years fundraising and campaigning to max out my staff and greatly raise my influence. That might be more time than you want to wait to have some success, but if you're willing to take your lumps in that process it definitely makes it a lot easier down the road.
Father Ryan Color Guard - 6x DI gold; 18x DI finalist
Father Ryan Drumline - 5x DI gold; 17x DI finalist
Father Ryan Band - 5x DI gold; 14x DI finalist
Nashville Sound - 5x DI gold; 13x DI finalist
rboneseveneight
I've taken a similar approach to Braeuner. I spent a year and a half fundraising throughout the season. If you do go down that path, you'll only be rehearsing every 12 hours. Once my staff too expensive for fundraising to make sense, I shifted to competitions. That cause me to rocket up from finishing around 6th-7th place in D2 2 seasons ago to now having the possibility of medalling in D1 this season.
Galaxy Percussion / Galaxy Guard / Galaxy Regiment / Mt. Juliet HS Band of Gold
Rich
Oof I had no idea that running campaigns hurt scores while competing. Right now all of my groups are campaigning Lol
Director of Lynx performance ensembles
mceuph
That's ok. You'll be a sleeping giant.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
CTrain
Ditto that, I pretty much maxed out Staff and am working on Influence now.
OAS, AAS, LLS. RTN. F.S.
Tennessee... Where your thermometer and calendar often disagree.
FMA HoF Member
StampedeStetson
Do staff have a max level?
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
mceuph
Yeah they max out at 25. After level 20 they are super expensive to upgrade.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
linksyr1
also remember in early season to try and get you GE as high as you can then do the rest in the later half of the season
Im going all the way up