Login Create Account
SHOWS FOR NEXT YEAR!! Marching band
blobfish90
Hey guys, I learned a few days ago what my show was going to be in my marching band, I think its kinda stupid, It's stupid because, all the time these days we've been playing a lot of inspirational shows, and we aren't really getting good scores So here it is, its called "Where the sidewalk ends"
http://www.projectrisemusic.com/index.php/marching-band/93
here is what it suppose to look like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVNnQPjFqQ
and it reminds me 2 years ago that we played, and only got 5th at nationals,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvobjlnUZPY
It's so bad, that it's from the same website.

So what are you guys doing for marching band this incoming year? I hope its better than mine :)
___________________________________________________________________________________
Director of
Grey Vandals
SHS Golden vikings marching band
19 Liberators
Emerald swift rifle organization
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
JoelKelley
Well, haha, our show is called “Flux” it’s about constant change and change at all...which is fitting. This year our band and our school enter it’s second half century and our band will be having new uniforms! We haven’t heard the music or anything yet but I’m excited! Hopefully we will qualify for Semi-State again this year!! (Last year was our first time) and then hopefully state finals!! For those of you all in Indiana y’all know that marching band is extremely competitive!

(I love how you only got 5th at nationals hahaha, kids in our band didn’t ever hear of BoA.
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
blobfish90
Congrats on the uniforms, and for your band to become OLD, My band been in since the mid 1980s competing, Actually since I'm in New England, we do U.S. bands so its suprising we got 5th in 6 open because there were 8 bands 2 years ago, at least we got 2 with a 5 foot trophy last year!!! U.S. bands is 2 oldest to BoA, I've always wanted to be in BoA, but we are kinda far away. Indiana's hard, so I hope you and your band have a successful show,

Any other shows you guys heard you doing?
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
StampedeStetson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3UtBUGVCg
^This is our first show performance from this season. Our show is called Infin8 Possibilities. It's about the Chuckwagon Races at the Calgary Stampede, and, as a whole, a celebration of Calgary itself. The music includes The Promise of Living-Aaron Copland, Ride-Samuel Hazo, Desperado-The Eagles, and Last Race from the movie Dreamer.

Although some people dislike the name, everybody loves the show. We're hosting WAMSB World Championships this year, and there will be 17 bands from around the world coming, including 4 Canadian, 6 German, 1 Mexican, 2 Taiwanese, 2 Nigerian, 1 Dutch, and 1 Polish band.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
blobfish90
VERY nice show, loud and proud. How many members do you have? I wish you guys were in my area in the fall, then we would have REAL competition, instead, some 6 open bands just play and stand still and repeat. and maybe do visuals. And getting 1st place with a 12-foot trophy. I like what you guys do, actually play and move. Now thats some great skill and motion
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
StampedeStetson
Thank-you! We have about 164 members this year.

Our final show is in July, and it's going to be indoors in an NHL arena with some of stands pushed back. It's going to be interesting how the acoustics are in there.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
blobfish90
That's awesome I wish my bad had an extra 25 members to be that big, we only have 140, some big ones in the area are almost 200!!. I hate the acoustics in the fall for nationals for us, we go to MetLife stadium and it's really hard to hear what's going on and hard to see what you are doing because the sound bounces back at you and the lights are GLARING. So its really hard to do good there, need lots of focus. Once the time comes, tell me how you did for your last show.
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
JoelKelley
Our first part of our show music can be found on New Prairie Bands Weebly page. Its amazing and based on the standard "Shenandoah".

We will, for the first time, be marching about 118 members (20 more than last year)!!! We are the smallest band in our class by over 30 kids. The largest bands in our class also near 200. But, we are excited to hopefully return to semi-state and hopefully qualify for state finals!

H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
TheHuman
I'm late to the convo (i havent logged in since like February lol) but my bands show is titled "Chasing Time" and the selections are Parkour (Samuel Hazo), Dancer in the Dark (Björk), and Ride (Samuel Hazo). We are the largest band in New York with about 210 kids. We compete in NYSFBC :))
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
blobfish90
TheHUMAN Do you know U.S. Bands? In Connecticut? My band got 2nd place last year(Southington) for 6 open and UNFORTUNATELY NORWALK got the 12-foot trophy.

Norwalk has like 170 and this year we just about make it into 6 open with a deadline of 131 we got 141!!!! Shocking.

________________________________________________________________________________
Blobfish90
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
TheHuman
Yes, we competed in one USBands competition last year to test it out. We competed in New Milford in 6A, we got like 77.150 and first. I don't know a whole loy about USBands but I know Norwalk, they used to compete in New York for a few seasons
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
blobfish90
Yeah, we use to go to New Milford around 5 years ago, but thats a long trip, we go to TRUMBULL NOW!!!! Norwalk is VERY POPULAR IN NEW ENGLAND, but I just want to point out that they don't do as much hard work than other 6 opens. They PLAY AND STAND, then they move while doing SOME visuals, but they don't play during marching, there is usually pit or synth music.
That's what gets me, they are pretty good and pretty big which helps them but usually open bands do a lot of hard work, like doing visuals while moving and playing at the same time like us. Even Trumbull is stopping what Norwalk is doing, and doing more harder, competitive work.
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
hellomynameis347b
I'm also late to the party (I also haven't logged in in forever), but our show for next year is titled "Power and Grace" and features Equus (Eric Whitacre), O (Coldplay), and Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky). We're one of the largest bands in our class in Texas and we're hoping to make a run for state finals next year!