Login Create Account
Season 82: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc
Saxman99
Happy Thanksgiving guys!
E1T1
gcurrier
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
JoelKelley
Yes! I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving! Who all has a parade this Sunday?
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
StampedeStetson
I have a Christmas parade on Saturday
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
JoelKelley
*BREAKING NEWS*

Concordia Comets are moving! Recent events have dictated that Concordia Performing Arts In now moving/merging with an Ohio School. The result is Lake Erie Performing Arts based in Toledo, OH.

The new marching band is the Erie Marching Glassmen! Performing strictly Jazz and Alternative genres, the Glassmen take their inspiration from the Art Deco era. We also find this appropriate as we enter the hundredth anniversary of the Roaring 20s.

The L.E.P.A. Drum corps shall enter the field as the Toledo Vanguard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(END WRITEUP)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So, the reason for me doing this in-character move is the in real life I have been accepted and have committed to the University of Toledo for the Fall Semester. I love my new home and new family there in their band program and I am excited to live there.
H. Kelley

blobfish90
Great Job Joel on your move, do you think it's hard to apply to a midwestern college? I'm from Connecticut.
Since Joel announced how his organization is switching up I am too for season 83
!News!

The Grey Vandals are switching and merging some of their great directors and staff so they can become even better and greater(and since some of my groups are in D1 now its time for a CHANGE) the Grey Vandals Drum and bugle corps is changing to Crimson Volt drum and bugle corps for S83. Since new staff and old staff are merging we are going to call this new organization the Southington Marching and Music Facility for All or (SMMFA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHS Golden Vikings Marching Band is also merging with some other legendary around-the-state musical and visual staff and the band is going back to their roots by renaming their band Nutmeg Rangers Marching Band. This name goes back to the 60's when Southington used to have a small drum corps, they were aided by the local national guard post 72 and had an amazing career back then and now they want to put that name to legacy again!
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
JoelKelley
No! Not at all hard. Applying to a midwestern college is really really simple. I applied through Common App.

Well, I kinda gotta rep Toledo because their band is insanely amazing! If you ever want to see great video let me know!

If you’re looking at midwest colleges. If you enjoy Corps styled band almost anything in the MAC is a great choice: Ball State (Indiana), Bowling Green State (Ohio), Toledo (Ohio), Kent State (Ohio), Akron (Ohio), Western Mich (Michigan).

If you prefer traditional show styled bands then you cannot go wrong with the Big Ten! Purdue (Indiana), Michigan (Michigan), OSU (Ohio), Wisconsin (Wi), Nebraska, and Iowa.
H. Kelley

JoelKelley
Also, kind of off topic but would anyone like to look at a video of a highschool marching band?

I have a good video of my bands 2018 show and I would love some evaluation on it. Please let me know if you’d be interested!!
H. Kelley

blobfish90
thanks, Joel I want to go to ball state. I heard they have a good music program. You're very lucky going to toledo, I love the glassmen. who knows maybe 1 day you will revamp the glassmen. Anyways that's what I want to do go do music and buisness and make my own drumcorp. Probably very hard to do but Its worth the risk.
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
JoelKelley
No I agree! I actually want to do highschool band! But creating a drum corps would be insane. Maybe after we both graduate we can collaborate on that!
H. Kelley

blobfish90
That would be AWESOME, but yeah if it doesn't work I want to direct highschool band too but with a BIG band, with 10 tubas lol, I'm tired of saying how my band is in the biggest class. With only 140 people. When I tell my friends there's bands with 350+ They are shocked
Blobfish90 Director of
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
JRussell
Ball State has a fantastic music program Blobfish!
Xperience - DTG (78 D.3 Champ, 79 D.3 Runner-Up)
Xperience Performing Arts - DLTG (78, 79 D.3 Champ)
Terminal X Flags - CGTG (80 D.3 Runner-Up)
Plymouth HS - ENCORE (78,79 D.3 Champ)
JoelKelley
Our band is smallest in class with 102. The larger bands in our class are 180ish. But we are only B class... A class is larger still.
H. Kelley