Login Create Account
Season 83: Discussions, Rankings, Competitions etc.
JoelKelley
Hello! Here it is a little early, for those like myself already working on Season 83. Here is that board for you all to post what you desire about FMA 83
H. Kelley
Black Knights D&BC | Director

Phantom Regiment D&BC '21 Contra
Casper Troopers D&BC '22 Bari | Euph
JoelKelley

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Okay, I would love to see more corps perform exit music. Who here has watched Blue Devils 1988? Yeah... like that. I just started doing that as well as bringing back some older elements. Who’s with me?

What unique elements do your ensembles perform?

ALSO! Here is the link to a video of my high school band. Please please watch and I would love some evaluation!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-fCTCYKdmfxBC2W6V9pcBBVMaI97b7Cw/view?usp=drivesdk
H. Kelley

blobfish90
My ensembles still start with a cadence and ends marching off the field with the same cadence; kinda like how cavaliers still do their Iowa drum beat
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
JordanCostag
What is everyone's strategy for upgrading staff quickly? Do you have to just keep scrolling down to the staff you want to upgrade every time the page refreshes or is there a faster method?

10th Regiment
JRussell
Try making the page smaller so that all of the staff members fit on the page. I haven’t tried it but I assume it would work?
Xperience - DTG (78 D.3 Champ, 79 D.3 Runner-Up)
Xperience Performing Arts - DLTG (78, 79 D.3 Champ)
Terminal X Flags - CGTG (80 D.3 Runner-Up)
Plymouth HS - ENCORE (78,79 D.3 Champ)
mceuph
You can click things several times (same or different) before the page refreshes and it will apply everything. This also works with show acceptances and rehearsing.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
blobfish90
Yeah what is the maximum level of upgrading staff anyways?
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
mceuph
It's 25. After level 20 they are super expensive.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
gcurrier
But after that money is practically useless anyway lol I honestly wish I could give to sister organizations or something
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
JoelKelley
Small School, Large Family Series
*FMA Write-Up About the Concordia Marching Kingsmen*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Very few know what its like to be in a small high school, and for those in small town Public schools the feeling is very much the same as here, but when your school family is more than just School, the whole community is unexplainably close. Concordia Christian is a small high school of about 800 just on the rural outskirts of Toledo. Home football games have always had an amazing atmosphere. No matter what the weather or how the team is doing that year, every time those lights come on over the turf, the home bleachers are full. Several years ago we got a band director and our school started a band program. For a School our size, our band of 85 is decent sized! This year was our first competitive season and the first time we truly were supported by the Concordia Community. Fan busses had always been provided for the home crowd to travel with athletic teams. This however, was the first year they had ever asked us to travel with them, as well as, have fan busses so people could ride to our band competitions.

You could hear the snap of electricity as the huge stadium lights warm up. It’s 6pm, game time. We are blocked up for a little known tradition at Concordia. Unlike many other competitive style bands, our band has a collegiate style pregame (similar to LSU or certain MAC bands). The energy in the march to the stadium is something unparalleled anywhere that I’ve ever been. People walk along with us and as we march through the gates and into the small high school stadium little kids yell and adults whistle and holler. The band is here.

With a twirl of his baton, the band steps off the goal line and onto the turf for this, their last football game of the season. The crowd is electric, the band is excited. Who would know that eight little notes could carry so much energy (the bands entrance fanfare is based on “The Doxology” and performed like the fanfare at LSU or at Auburn). Marching across the field... oh everything is so perfect. I could never have imagined such a beautiful thing. You felt the crowds support, felt the thrill and the rush of performing. Tonight was the rivalry game against St. Patrick’s. Concordia was gonna crush the Clovers.

The stands are jammed packed. I think 90% of the band kids are playing louder than ever before. The crowd cheers and chants along and the energy is tangible between the stands and those on the field. The game is wonderful, the scene is beautiful. Coming down to the wire Concordia 21 St. Patrick’s 23... 20 seconds and 80 yards. The energy is phenomenal... it’s a Hail Mary! And (of course) the catch is good. Concordia wins 28 to 23. Time for Post Game performance.

Bass clicks out to the 50, the crowd chants in time, “Go... Marching... Kingsmen!” “Band Halt...” And the crowd goes insane. We’ve never had this many stay for post game. I’m honestly nervous. Tonight is the first performance of our Christmas Themed Show. 5...6...5.6.7.8.
H. Kelley

gcurrier
Nice write up
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
TheHuman
I haven't been active on here in a while! Hoping to become more active
TheHuman
Vano Highschool CG (Est. 65)
Opal HS Marching Knights(Est. 65)
Ferox (Est. 65)
Hartford Sound (Est. 66)
StampedeStetson
Oh god, I've not been keeping up on rehearsal very well since school ended...
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)