Login Create Account
DCI 2020
theamazing1
About time to get into the spirit of show announcements!!
What does everybody hope will happen this year.
Tbh- I wanna see at least one show where a corps takes woodwinds in DCI seriously and actually implements them. Not that I support the idea, I just wanna see what would happen with it .
I also want to see Bloo or Crown come out with a top 2 show. Been too long.
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
theamazing1
Sorry brain fart. Last year bloo was 2nd. But still haha
Tyler Brown
Red Kingsmen FAME BoD
The Duts
Golden Goats Marching Band ENCORE BoD
Scorch Color guard
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
I know it's too early to make any real predictions, but I think DCI 2020 will for sure be the most competitive year in DCI history.
Last season it seemed like every corps in the top 6 had an "Achilles heel" that held them back from their full potential (Blue Devils with their brass scores, Crown with design, etc.).
On the flip side, every top 6 corps had a definite strength to their program which is seen through caption awards (Bloo with some amazing GE, Boston with a killer guard, Vanguard with the Rennick percussion duo). Cavies were the jack of all trades last season, not saying they had a bad show but it's hard to predict where they'll go in terms of improvement.
This season will be about staff addressing those specific issues head-on, along with boosting the current strengths that they have. The end product will be an extremely tight top 6, and hopefully and awesome year for DCI.
I am a huge Blue Devils fan (which I know can get a lot of hate lol) but I still want them to fight for the first place spot, hopefully with Crown or Vanguard this upcoming season. I want Cavies to medal again or even get 1st in the near future.
And finally I really (like really) want Phantom and Cadets to start doing better, especially Phantom. If you would've told me 5 years ago that the Mandarins would be doing better than Phantom, I would've stopped watching DCI lmao. Seeing them at 12th just hurts my heart when they were such an amazing corps in the past. They're bringing back JD Shaw as the music director so they wont be last place this season for sure, but it will take Phantom a long time to get back into the top 6 because of how competitive it is.
Woodwinds in DCI would be very interesting. I can see a lot of corps doing small woodwind ensembles in the pit but still stick to brass marching members. Who knows, maybe in a few years we'll see full marching woodwind ensembles (i hope not, but the possibilities are endless)
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
StampedeStetson
About the woodwinds, this hasn't been publicly announced by DCI yet, but my marching band is competing in International Class, and we have a woodwind section. I feel like if we can do very well with a woodwind section, we have the potential of turning the conversation on it's head.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
Kiwidrummer
DCI's international class basically has no rules and really has no effect on what is decided for World and Open class. International has no age limit, no restrictions on instrumentation etc. That's why there is an international class. International corps that are truly serious about competing in DCI will adapt to the rules. It's the only way to be eligible to compete against the top corps. DCI won't make a public announcement about woodwinds in International class because it is already a well known fact.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
StampedeStetson
Well, obviously they wouldn't announce that we are using woodwinds, but they've announced that Kidsgrove Scouts and Beeches are competing in International Class, but not us yet.
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
gcurrier
Sad that this topic will sit silent. I get why there is no season this year but sure doesn't help depression!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
asaexists
this post aged like milk
Asa Woloszyn
Director of

The White Sabers Drum and Bugle Corp
The White Sabers Gaurd
The White Sabers Percussion ensemble
The Camilus HS marching ensamble
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Ah, I'm cringing from the predictions I wrote lol. The DCI tour premier would've been this coming Thursday :(
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
ChrisRohn
Couchmen 2020

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department