Login Create Account
project_#takethefield - a new marching game!
lgpitbull
By the way- please take this post down if this is not allowed on the forums. Me and a friend have been working on a new marching game to hit the market hopefully next year. I have a couple of photos from development that I might post to the subreddit. Our goal is to create an online game where players can create shows with custom music and drill setting and a mix of automated judging and judging others shows. I’m probably missing a ton of topics here but hopefully a lot of y’all are wanting to be involved with this. This game is almost a fusion of game mechanics from FMA and MML, but to be clear: this is not made to rival either game. I will be posting dev logs on this forum and if anyone is interested, has questions, or wants to help- feel free to contact me!
/|\ Director of Sierrita/Keystone Marching Arts /|\
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
Keystone Valley HS Indoor Percussion (DLTG)
Keystone Valley HS Marching Band (MBTG)
Sierrita Independent (CGTG)
gcurrier
Count me in. I'd love more info and to be involved or help anyway I can.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
ditto
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lgpitbull
Awesome! I’ll be posting dev logs soon and I have some demo footage and art that will be up on the subreddit pretty soon.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
lgpitbull
Here are the logs from our progress so far. Also don’t worry, we’ve been working on this for wayyyy longer than like two weeks, this is just as long as we’ve been updating it. Soon I’ll be posting the sample art, videos and elements we’ve created so far. Also more updates soon will be on our social medias @newsiriusstudios and @newsiriusgames. Thanks for all the support!

DEV LOG
3/15/20: Anthony
I found a lot of instrument models and promptly started texturing them, went pretty well and the first instruments textured were sousaphone and trombone. I started to realize how screwed up my model was at this point. I guess you can say he was packing a little too many vertices *wink* *wink* the ladies like big blub because of his overlapping geometries

3/16/20: Fiverr Guy
He fixed my model so we could properly have custom textures in game. -$40 We need to make back, great first mile stone :).

3/18/20: Anthony
Ok so roughly 35% most of the animations are done trumpet, alto sax, trombone all have the following completed. Hold, Forward March, Backward March, those are the basics I’ve finished. The next thing I need to do is horns down, then add some visual stuff to start off.

3/18/20: lgpitbull
Project created, and organization created. Invitation still pending but we can work that stuff out when we work out cloud editing. As for the main menu I have the image uploaded and in the scene but I probably need to remake it with a newsletter page. Tomorrow I can add editable sample text that we can update frequently and I will add buttons for other scenes. If time I can set up multiple other menu screens. At some point this week I plan to upload the field texture and work on some stadium models. Exciting stuff. Also all three social medias are set up and the teaser is uploaded on twitter and insta. Let’s try to plan to start uploading dev logs on YouTube at some point in the near future.

3/19/20: Anthony
I got the Sousaphone and Flute animations done today. I’m ready to start importing assets to unity and start to experiment with AI pathfinding for the drill program. I also need to make a basic 2d plane with the field textures and compare them to the models so I can make an accurate estimate on how large to make the field. AKA I just need to know how to get the dimensions.

3/20/20: Anthony
I finally got the chance to upload a lot of the assets I had and learned how unity handled blender imports. I still need to attempt to restore a lot of the files that are acting up for some reason. Other than that the game development portion of Marching Online is about to begin!
Update: I managed to restore the files because icloud did something stupid to them. Stupid Icloud! We have 5 variations of Marchers. Horn has a model, the only problem is that it currently has animations or holding stances. Baritone no model, clarinet no model, bari sax same situation as horn. Tomorrow I will work on bari sax and horn and give them animations.
P.S. Future me look into how to create character customization options such as custom textures.. Thanks (Also wayy later in unity create Materials for Animation instruments when all animations are done.)
Sierrita Sound (DTG)
SunshineDoodles
Sounds AWESOME!!

Would love to help in anyway that I can!!

Wondermint Rainbow Performance Ensemble (Est. S - 74)
Wondermint Rainbow Cavaliers (Est. S - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Silks and Spinners (Est. - 75)
Wonderment Rainbow Rhythm (Est. - 76)
StampedeStetson
This sounds really really cool!

My only concern is that there may be copyright issues with any music players use
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
lgpitbull
Yeah the plan right now is letting players choose a part 1, 2 and 3 from a library at which they’re all 120 bpm just for like alpha but I have a couple of friends that could help with music composition. Worst comes to worst we can try and work it out with the composers. Right now we’re really early in dev so we’re mostly working on drill setting, menus and 3D models and gluing all the basics together.
Sierrita Sound (DTG)