Login Create Account
Season 86 Trend Tracker
StampedeStetson
I was inspired by LongSchlonJimmyJohn's rankings to put together my own project! One thing I always wanted to compare is the development of scores throughout the season, so I this spreadsheet will compile scores throughout the season, and I wanted to share it with all of you!

Some important notes:
1) At the time of posting, I had not yet finished formatting the entire document due to exams. I had only created the actual charts of the drum corps and marching bands. I have been tracking the scores though.
2) I messed something up with Div. 3 marching band on the first day and do not have any scores recorded. I may try to fix that later.
3) I am copy and pasting the scores from the statistics page into the document and removing any repeating scores under the assumption that this means no show was performed that day. However, since the statistics page only records your highest score, if a score decreases or stays the same, it will be recorded as no performance unfortunately.
4) I will write up aweekly overview probably every Sunday to talk about some of the trends or changes that have happened over the previous week!

I hope you find this information as interesting as I do!
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mgut_tOcJtbR7B0lgE7pzX8NvvCQCPMyvzC8TCI05b0/edit?usp=sharing
(also, how do I make a clickable hyperlink?)
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
This is really cool. Let me know if you'd like to incorporate this into the rankings sheet as a separate tab, I'd probably be able to help out with it if that's the case.

Also, remove the 's' in 'https:' and it will be a clickable link :)
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
giveme100usernames
This is really cool! I love seeing the visualization.
Digimen Drum & Bugle Corps
Beach City High Marching Band
blobfish90
Finally i can see how much I beat each group XD
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
StampedeStetson
I have finished preparing the sheet! The charts have been created for every division. Tomorrow I will write up a week 1 analysis. Feel free to share any observations you make, I'm curious to see anything that you find interesting!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
connorgavin7502
Oh this is sick! I'm actually also working on a spreadsheet that focuses more on the day to day scores and rankings
You should share this on the subreddit as well
connorgavin7502
ECAA Director of Bands
mrmanny620
http://dciscores.com/world-class
This is one of my favorite websites to track dci scores over the season and check the history of the rankings. I know not every group has a logo or is looking to make one, but this would be cool to see as well to some extent
Sound of the Times Drum Corp (Re-Est. 82)

Member of DTG
StampedeStetson
I love that website, I think I got the idea from there! The only thing I dislike about it is that it doesn't truly compare the difference between scores and how far apart corps are.

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
WEEK 1 TREND ANALYSIS

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mgut_tOcJtbR7B0lgE7pzX8NvvCQCPMyvzC8TCI05b0/edit#gid=604573780

With only one week down, there isn't much to look at, but some early season analysis will still be neat!

DRUM CORPS

Div. 1
Most of the corps are improving at approximately the same rate at this point. Most have steady growth with only a few flat-lining, indicating inactivity. Unspecified surprises nobody by being furlongs above everyone else. At the current rate, they will hit 100 by May 4th. But they can't keep going forever, so we'll have to wait and see when others catch up.

Div. 2
With corps having less shows in general, trends are muddier and a few more corps flat-lining. There has been a lot more switching around though, so if the directors stay active, this could be a very exciting season for this division.

Div. 3
Many corps have only had one show so far, so their trends remain unknown. However, Azure Rangers, the Yee Yee Brigade, Purple Jackets, and St. Mary's Crossroaders are all improving at a rapid rate. It's looking quite likely that these corps may leave the others in the dust in the fight for a medal this season.

MARCHING BAND

Div. 1
Unspecified, once again, is far above the others. They will too hit 100 on May 4 if the trend continues. Apart from a couple instances, everyone seems pretty set in similar trajectories. Consistency will be crucial for directors to avoid falling in the rankings.

Div. 2
Avalanche Winds appears to be the D2 version of unspecified this season, being high above everyone else. I would even be so inclined to predict a gold medal for them at this point. There appears to be 4 groups of corps duking it out with similar scores. It will be interesting to see if anyone pulls away from their group as the season goes on.

Div. 3
With only 5 groups having more than 1 performance, no trends exist. This is somewhat worrying to me, as a lack of shows may discourage new players without the reward of receiving a score. Hopefully players stick to it and more shows come in the remaining weeks!

COLOURGUARD

Div. 1
Just assume Unspecified is far above the competition from now on, okay? They should reach 100 by Apr. 24. Knight Guard, however, is also up there, trying to ensure that Unspecified won't win without a fight. Apart from a few stragglers, everyone else is in a tight pack. Anyone could move up or down in the standings, this could be a very interesting division to keep an eye on.

Div. 2
There are two apparent clumps of groups. There have already been some major shakeups in the top grouping of 6, it will be curious to see if anyone can pull away from the bottom group to try to join the top group.

Div. 3
The Spirit is far ahead from everyone else, it will be exciting to see how they keep that separation as the season carries on! The next grouping of 3 groups looks ready to barrel ahead and catch up, all fighting and desperate for a medal. The bottom group is quite spread out, but everyone is improving at different rates, so it looks like we'll be in for a lot of shakeups.

DRUMLINE

Div. 1
Everybody seems very spread out in this division, and progressing at similar rates. We may not see many shakeups this season. Unspecified is looking at getting 100 by May 5.

Div. 2
Wagyu Beats has a large early season lead on the others, hopefully they can hold on! Full Circle and Lake Orion also have large leads, but they are still quite far behind from Wagyu. I think we are already looking at our medalists here. As for everyone else, there have already been lots of position changes, and I'm looking forward to seeing many more.

Div. 3
So far, Hellstorm, Washed Out, and West Everglades have taken placements far above the pack. With many groups in the pack flat-lining or only having 1 show so far, it looks like there will be a large spread of scores this season.

Well, those have been my observations after one week of competitions. If you have anything you would like to add, I would love to see what you think! See you all next week!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
This is actually really helpful I can see I'm on track to pass some groups above hehe, great write up also.
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
StampedeStetson
Hey everyone, I have spent the past 24 hours writing a very awful final exam and I haven't had the chance to collect data today. If anyone is willing could you gather every group's scores from yesterday and send them to me in an excel or google sheets file? I would really appreciate it!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Yeah I can do that real quick
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Here ya go :)
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X-LxXh7iKa48TGI41bklGrGV9Rlm7gB47mDP6s6fae4/edit?usp=sharing
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
Kiwidrummer
Hey. You might want to check and update your spreadsheet. Not sure how, but Aftershock NZ is not there.
Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
StampedeStetson
Not sure if you mean mine or Jimmy's sheet, but I have Aftershock NZ on mine, and Jimmy just has groups that performed on the 22nd

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
mrmanny620
uh it's broken
Sound of the Times Drum Corp (Re-Est. 82)

Member of DTG
StampedeStetson
Yeah, sorry about that. I've been very busy preparing for my last couple exams and haven't had time to format it. I'll still be collecting data, but the charts will likely be broken for a few days until I have time to properly format it.

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)