Login Create Account
Season 88 DRUMLINE BATTLE
StampedeStetson
Hello everyone, I want to add something more to the community this season and host a Drumline Battle! I have done this once before, and I hope to make this one even bigger!

Rules:
1) Judging: There will be three judges: one for music, one for visual, and one for General Effect. After a battle, each judge will choose a winner. If two or all three judges pick your drumline, you win and move on to the next round!

2) Eligibility: All ensembles with a drumline are invited to compete (i.e. drumlines, marching bands, and drum corps). This means a single director can send up to 3 teams to compete.

3) Preparation: each ensemble gets 100 points to allocate between the three captions. If you would like to participate, please message me with your participating ensemble and your point allocation. You may also optionally also choose a drumline video to represent your music.

4)The Match: for each match, your caption score will be a randomly generated number between 0 and your allocated points. Whichever group has a higher number will win that caption. Whichever group wins more captions wins the match.

5)Tournament Structure: There will be two brackets-the championship and the consolation. Everyone starts in the championship bracket. All groups start in the championship bracket. Upon losing in the championship bracket, a group will move to the consolation, and is eliminated after losing in the consolation. The finalist of the championship bracket and the finalist of the consolation bracket will compete in a final match to determine the grand champion. Note that the structure may change depending on the number of competing ensembles.

We hope to see lots of participating groups! If you have any questions please post them below or message me. This event takes place on August 6th, applications will close on July 30th at midnight MST (or whenever I wake up on July 31st).
Director of Stetson Marching Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary Stetson Showband (ENCORE BoD)
Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Alberta X Winterguard (LEGS BoD)
Maple Leaf Percussion (DLTG BoD)
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
sounds fun, i sent you a pm :)
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
StampedeStetson
Less than 2 weeks to apply! We already have 12 groups from 6 directors competing, I would love to see more! There is absolutely do downside to taking part, so apply today!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
Only 1 more day to apply! It's super easy, no risk, all fun! I hope to see a few more applications. You don't even need to be competing this season to participate. Apply now!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
Kiwidrummer
Sent PM for my entry.

Jim Helsel
Aftershock NZ Productions
Aftershock NZ: CLASS
Aftershock NZ Indoor Percussion: PERC (Founder)
Aftershock NZ PAS: ENCORE
Pandemonium NZ: LEGS
gcurrier
better late than never. I submitted
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
StampedeStetson
Tonight is the last evening to apply. I hope to see another group or two enter!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
Big shoutout to Aquaflamma85, LongSchlongJimmyJohn, StampedeStetson, alphyfour, JordanCostag, ER6, TheFeshPinceofBlair, Kiwidrummer, and gcurrier for entering groups into the competition! We have 16 competing groups, grouped as so:

Drum Corps D1: Canada Corps, 10th Regiment, Nemesis
Drumline D1: Maple Leaf Percussion, X Percussion
Marching Band D1: Calgary Stetson Showband, Sand Lake High School, Marching Knights
Drum Corps D2: Rebels, Kanpeki-sa
Drumline D2: Wagyu Beats, Full Circle, PERC All Star Alumni Drumline
Marching Band D2: Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble
Drum Corps D3: Prescott Scouts
Drumline D3: Azure Rangers
Marching Band D3: no one :,(

Competition Format: Each of these subdivisions will engage in a single elimination tournament to determine the subdivision champion! Next, we'll hold round robins with the subdivision champions to get the D1/D2/D3 champions, and the MB/DC/DL champions. Finally, all 16 groups will return to a single elimination tournament to determine the grand champion!

I look forward to seeing you all in one week's time!

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
Yikes! Due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. I forgot what the day was, but let's call it weather), the drumline battle has been rescheduled to the morning of August 9th, i.e. the day of Finals (just like at DCI!)

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
StampedeStetson
So, forewarning, I spent the whole time thinking that Azure Rangers were a Division 3 Drumline. It turns out they are a Division 3 Drum Corps. I discovered this mistake too late to make any changes. My apologies.

Greetings everyone, welcome to the season 88 drumline battle! It’s bright and early in the morning, but we already have thousands of spectators eager to watch some drumming! We have 16 groups competing today, so let’s get right down to it!
We will be starting off with the subdivision competitions, where groups are divided into their divisions and type. We unfortunately have no competitors from Marching Band D3. We also have only one competitor in each Marching Band D2 (Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble), Drum Corps D3 (Prescott Scouts), and Drumline D3 (Azure Rangers). All of these groups win their subdivision by walkover, but they are opening our competition today with a friendly, three-way battle. The friendship and comradery between these groups is beautiful, and was a satisfying way to open our show today!
Now on to the actual competitions! Our first subdivision is D2 Drum Corps, contested by Rebels and Kanpeki-sa. One sudden death battle to take the title! The results are below.
Rebels 1-2 Kanpeki-sa
Congragulations, Kanpeki-sa, on your title!
Next up is two battles for D2 Drumline. First up is Full Circle against the PERC All-Star Alumni Drumline. The winner will stay on to battle Wagyu Beats. The results are below.
Full Circle 2-1 PERC
Full Circle 1-2 Wagyu
Congratulations, Wagyu, on your title!
Up now is our D1 Marching Bands. First up is Sand Lake High School and the Marching Knights. battling for the chance to fight the Calgary Stetson Showband for the subdivision title. Here are the final results.
Sand Lake 2-1 Marching Knights
Sand Lake 1-2 Stetsons
Congratulations, Stetsons, on your title!
Hope you’re ready for the D1 Drum Corps! With three groups competing, first up is 10th Regiment against Nemesis, with Canada Corps getting the bye. Here are the results:
10th Regiment 1-2 Nemesis
Canada Corps 2-1 Nemesis
Congratulations, Canada Corps, on your title!
Finally, we have the D1 Drumline. With two groups, Maple Leaf Percussion and X Percussion, we have one battle for you!
Maple Leaf 1.5-1.5 X Percussion
WHAT!? The general effect judge couldn’t make up his mind and we have a tie!? One moment while the judges discuss who is deserving of the title…
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFTLFv1iZEM)
The judges have decided, and the winner is…Maple Leaf Percussion! Congratulations on your title!

Next up are the type championships. For these, all subdivision winners will compete against their type subdivision winners for these titles. First up is Marching Band. With no D3 marching bands competing, we will go straight to the final, Stetsons vs Osaka Bay.
Osaka Bay 2-1 Stetsons
Congratulations, Osaka Bay, on being Marching Band champions!
Next up we will feature our Drumline subdivision champions. Here are the results:
Azure Rangers 2-1 Wagyu Beats
Azure Rangers 2-1 Maple Leaf
Congratulations, Azure, for being Drum Corps champions and the first to win a title without having a bye to the finals!
Finally, our Drumlines:
Prescott Scouts 2-1 Kanpeki-sa
Prescott Scouts 2-1 Canada Corps
Congratulations on your title, Prescott Scouts! You and Azure prove that being DIII doesn’t mean you can’t fight tooth and nail against the higher divisions!

Next up is our divisional titles. We once again take the subdivision champions and pit them against groups in the same division from the other types. Up first are our beloved Division 3 groups:
Prescott Scouts 2.5-0.5 Azure Rangers
Our esteemed effect judge once again cannot decide, but it doesn’t matter since the Scouts already have the other two judges in their favour. Congratulations, Azure Scouts, on being Division 3 champs!
Next is our celebrated Division 2 groups.
Kanpeki-sa 2.5-0.5 Osaka Bay
This time the visual judghe cannot make a decision (it’s hard when neither group did a single visual), but luckily it again doesn’t matter.
Kanpeki-sa 0-3 Wagyu Beats
Congratulations to Wagyu for your title and winning the first shutout!
Finally, we have our pride and joy, the Division 1 subdivision winners.
Stetsons 2-1 Canada Corps
Stetsons 1-2 Maple Leaf
Congratulations, Maple Leaf Percussion, on the Division 1 victory!

Now, it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the battle for Grand Champion! All 16 groups will be randomly seeded in a single elimination tournament to determine the Grand Champion!
Round of 16:
Stetson 2-1 Maple Leaf
A rematch of the previous battle! And Stetsons are able to upset Maple Leaf!
Sand Lake 1.5-1.5 10th Regiment
Golly Gee, another tie! The judges huddle too decide who was better musically…
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wsCRJVUyg)
The judges have decided. And the victor is…10th Regiment!
Full Circle 2-1 Osaka Bay
Marching Knights 2-1 PERC All-Stars
Canada Corps 2-1 Kanpeki-sa
X Percussion 3-0 Nemesis
Rebels 1-2 Azure Rangers
Wagyu Beats 2-1 Prescott Scouts
Quarterfinals:
Stetsons 1-2 10th Regiment
Full Circle 1-2 Marching Knights
Canada Corps 1-2 X Percussion
Azure Rangers 2-1 Wagyu Beats
Semifinals:
10th Regiment 0-3 Marching Knights
X Percussion 1-2 Azure Rangers
Bronze Medal:
10th Regiment 1.5-1.5 X Percussion
Wow! A tie for the bronze medal! It can’t get any more exciting than this! The judges huddle to decide the effect winner…
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gNHMog4iHw)
…A decision has been reached. And the winner is…10th Regiment! Congratulations!

Now. The final battle. This is what you all have been waiting to see. Marching Knights, Azure Rangers. Who will win, the seasoned, decorated veteran, or the younger group in only their 3rd year of existence?
It’s a flawless performance on both sides. To the untrained eye, either group could come out victorious. The captains come to the centre where they shake hands with each other and the head judge. They hold hands with the judge, the winner’s hand will be raised like a boxing match. The crowd holds their breath, waiting to see who’s hand goes up. And it’s…the…
AZURE RANGERS!
Azure wins 2-1! A great upset!
The joy on the member’s faces are priceless. Everyone has worked so hard for this moment, it’s impossible to not feel proud of this hardworking group of youth.
And to wrap up the afternoon, all the drummers from every competing group gather on the mat to jam and play together. It’s a beautiful moment to remind us that at the end of the day, when the winners are announced, we are still all a huge family.
Congratulations to all the winners and thank-you to everyone who participated! The prize winners are listed below.
Overall Champion: Azure Rangers
Runner-Up: Marching Knights
Third Place: 10th Regiment
Division 1 Champion: Maple Leaf Percussion
Division 2 Champion: Wagyu Beats
Division 3 Champion: Prescott Scouts
Drumline Champion: Azure Rangers
Drum Corps Champion: Prescott Scouts
Marching Band Champion: Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble
D1 Marching Band Champion: Calgary Stetson Showband
D1 Drum Corps Champion Canada Corps
D1 Drumline Champion Maple Leaf Percussion
D2 Marching Band Champion Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble W/O
D2 Drum Corps Champion Kanpeki-sa
D2 Drumline Champion Wagyu Beats
D3 Marching Band Champion (none)
D3 Drum Corps Champion Prescott Scouts W/O
D3 Drumline Champion Azure Rangers W/O
Participation Awards Nemesis
X Percussion
Sand Lake High School
Rebels
Full Circle
PERC All Star Alumni Drumline

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
TheFeshPinceOfBlair
Wonderful show!
Aquaflamma85
Crazy results! Are you planning on doing this next season again? The Rebels would love to get another chance at improving for a title
Director of Rebels
-The Best Rebel Band In All The Land!
ER6
Wow was not expecting this lol the underdogs pull off the upset! Thank you StampedeStetson for having us this season
Azure Rangers
S.86 Div III Silver Medalist
S.88 Div III Bronze Medalist
S.90 Div II Silver Medalist
S.91 Div II Silver Medalist
StampedeStetson
Thanks! Not sure if I'll host another one this season, I'm planning on having a pretty low key season

Canada Corps (CLASS BoD)
gcurrier2
congratulations Azure!! It was a tight battle and you were up against one of the all time best and still dug in to win it all!!

Great show all!
CLASS Member and Knight Org Family
Leviathan-1X Div I 1X Div II Drum Corps Champ
Onachus-3X Div II 1X Div III Band Champ
Tarasque-2X Div II 1X Div III Guard Champ
Kraken-1X Div II 1X Div III Drum