Login Create Account
Season 97: Discussion, Rankings, Competitions, Etc.
lemon
Bright and early Tuesday morning! At least for me as I type this. How's everybody doing?
Lemony fresh!
9highcomp
Things are looking up for my ensembles this season, as I spent much of last season fundraising to set up for my goal of moving up to Division One in Drum Corps and Marching Band for Season 100. As for now though, I’m hoping my Marching band breaks 85 this season and/or medals.
Marching Bassoon Go Brrr
massexodus
I'm super excited for this new season. Hoping at least one of my ensembles will FINALLY get a gold medal! I've been super close these last couple seasons, so hopefully this season it'll finally happen.
ETERNAL GLORY PRODUCTIONS
Eternal Glory Drum Corps
Eternity Marching Band
Eternal Glory Percussion
Eternal Glory Winterguard
Trumpeter55
Im hoping to make finals in D3 this year. it will be tough but I think i have the resources to do it.
cawheat
I was really super excited to see SOOOO many applicants for my hosted shows. Had to turn down some really good groups! I tried to be balanced and have some younger, middle, and older groups.

I know it was tough to get into shows when I first started out.

Best of luck, all!
Skunkape
Same/same here. it pays to create shows when the season first starts. The response was crazy good -- hoping to build a good bank account fort he future and still be relatively competitive in D3.
lemon
Good for you guys! As for myself, I'm hosting my biggest event ever in the color guard circuit, so if anyone needs to fill out their guard schedule, they know where to look (wink wink, nudge nudge)
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
I was unexpectedly inactive all of last season, so Im looking to make up for it this season, got some maxxed out events running and hoping for a good season this time!
Legacy DBC
TheRangers
Just joined last seasoon, mid way. but it seems like there's a lot more going on so far! we're pumped, but I've horribly mismanaged my funds :( Guess I'll fire the treasurer LOL
---
The Rangers Drum & Bugle Corps
WCHS Manatee Sound
Rangers Guard
Rangers Drumline
lemon
Remember that you can always do fundraising, just keep in mind itll eat into your rehearsal energy a bit
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
TheRangers, my advice to you is to build up enough funds to host an event, then host event and make sure your event makes more than it cost, and keep upping the size of the event over time until its at one of the high tiers making you big bucks, thats how I managed to rescue my terrible funds from the first season.

Other important things about events- Don't host on days big events are being hosted, and try to get groups with high influence to join. The later in the season you host the more time you have to sell tickets, and that will help grandly.
Legacy DBC
gnewp650
Had to go noncompetitive this season :( my ensembles need time to recuperate financially and I need to redesign some things. My schedule is getting busy as well and just won't have the time to be on this season. For those curious, see "Buchanan High School Goes Uncompetitive for Season 97" in the general discussion forum
gnewp650

Director
Michigan Matrix Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
Michigan Matrix Marching Band (D1)
Michigan Matrix Independent (D1)
Michigan Matrix Indoor Lakerline (D2)
Wakasagihime21
More fundraising for me haha, probably will only return competitively once Season 100 arrives.
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
TheRangers
@EchoSpark -- Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I totally got too excited and quickly hosted a Tier 1 event. I got 5 groups (all from my League) right away, and confirmed them. Ticket sales have been..... dismal :D

I decided to keep my Treasurer and Admin staff since it was TOTALLY the fault of the Executive Director (me!) LOL

But hey -- a few of my groups made d3 finals in our first year, so the trophy case has something in it! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

If some of my members drop by your house selling candy/pizzas/etc., please buy some!

Glad to be a part of this community! Good luck this season everyone!
---
WCHS Manatee Sound
Rangers Guard
Rangers Drumline
EchoSpark
Its part of the learning process, weve all done that before and now you know not to do it!
Legacy DBC
TheRangers
And... I must say "$##)@((@!!!!" I put a show on the wrong day. :( :( :(

Learning curve, learning curve..... Oh, well!
---
WCHS Manatee Sound
Rangers Guard
Rangers Drumline
lemon
Come on now, there's no swearing in marching band!
Lemony fresh!
TheRangers
Okay, Lemon -- THAT cheered me up! :D
---
WCHS Manatee Sound
Rangers Guard
Rangers Drumline
EchoSpark
TheRangers dont feel bad, my first ever show i accidentally put it 7 days before the season even started and screwed myself out of 3k
Legacy DBC
chicagosmoothie
After carefully reading this forum, I made some show. Seems that the date dropdown is the one people miss-enter the most. So -- thanks to all for the words of guidance. See you on tour!