Login Create Account
History of the Masters Of FMA - Season 1
Duffin
This is the start of a history of the top 20 directors and the season performance of their drum corps. For this first post there will be coverage of all groups who began in season 1 but from this point forward only notable seasons from each corps will be discussed. This is to avoid frequent repeating of very similar situations. When new legendary directors form their corps there will be coverage of their beginning as well. Enjoy!

gcurrier - The most legendary director gcurrier was there at the beginning of modern FMA. His corps Nemesis is the most winning group of all time. In season 1, Nemesis was a Divison III corps. There was an influx of inactive corps in season 1, and Nemesis claimed the last spot in finals performance this season. Nemesis would go on to miss 11th by a twentieth of a point this season.

rocketfan86 - The Cornhuskers Drum & Bugle Corps also were founded in season 1 of modern FMA. As a Division I corps they had a very active season, claiming 3 wins along the way. The Cornhuskers comfortably entered prelims at 11th, finishing in finals in the same place with only .115 points separating them from 12th.

ChrisRohn - ChrisRohn's Corps of Unspecified Identity is well known for its many perfect scoring seasons nowadays. Season 1 did not prove to be as fruitful, as the corps was unfortunately dormant for most of it's season, claiming no wins, and not advancing past preliminary competition.

cire - cire is notable in that his corps spent it's entire 39 season run in Division 1, giving his trophy case a very tidy look. The Blue Deviled Eggs had a hot start to their FMA run, scoring 8 victories and successfully defending 3rd from the Lambs of Destruction, who were closing in on the position in a hurry. cire is the first director to medal in any division of all legendary directors covered.

scooter92011 - Midland Valley Redcoats had a very promising start to the season, with large gains being made between competitions until unfortunately the last week there was a major stall, leading to Midland Valley ending their season in the preliminaries.

TrumpetVinny - The Tullahoma Azure Force had a short season 1, only appearing in 7 competitions before preliminaries, and although rapid improvement was shown throughout the season, it wasn't enough to escape preliminaries.

IMcomJosh - Regal Regiment began in Season 1 in Division I competition. This was a mediocre season scoring 2 wins and advancing into semifinals in 14th place, where unfortunately they would end their season, considerably missing finals by 3 points.

SkylarV - Quiksilver posted a 7 win season, 6 of those wins coming in succession, and saw a major 22 point jump from season beginning to conclusion. Quiksilver placed 11th in preliminaries, jumping to 10th in semifinals by overtaking Cornhuskers (rocketfan86) and successfully held the place in finals.

one4jmu - Sound of the Valley closes our first season's list. The corps started in Division I and had a very uninspiring first season of performance. Whether lack of rehearsal or very low show difficulty, the corps was unable to make finals, placing 34th in semifinals to end the season.

That's everyone in season 1! Most likely tomorrow I will come back for season 2, and as it goes on there will most likely be a few corps mentioned per post who had notable seasons. I'm excited to get more in depth on corps like Nemesis and follow their exact route to greatness day by day. If any directors from the early days want to inbox me to give me more info to share about the first few seasons I'd happily include whatever I can to share more info about our history. Thanks!
Founder of Marching Music's Finest, A new Marching Band League experience!

Banditos
Bandito Cadets
Skeleton Cliquettes
Josh Dunners
lemon
This is really cool! I'm excited to see more of these
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
This is a very interesting project, very excited to see this progress!
Legacy DBC
JMike18
I really like this! Keep them coming!

*There should be a history on Colorguard, marching band, and drumline as well.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders