Login Create Account
DCI 2022 THE RETURN!!!
gcurrier
Who else is excited that competitive drum corps returns this week!!! Who do you think will come out the strongest? Who are you must excited to see?
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
lemon
BD seems like they're gonna throw down this year as usual. Otherwise, I'm excited for what the Academy is doing this year
Lemony fresh!
JMike18
As always, I'm excited for what Phantom brings however I'm also excited for The Troopers
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier
Phantom looks poised to. climb this year with that show and coming off a great run last year!

I'm interested to see how the non-touring corps from 2021 do. I would think in general it would be hard to keep your organization on top notch with so much time off. INow BD, Vanguard or Crown all have incredible organization and history that will make it a tad easier than other corps not at the elite level. I do wonder if Bluecoats/Boston/Cavies even Blue Knights have a bit of an advantage by not taking last year completely off. Some of the members will have never marched drum corps AT ALL. I think this will be especially hard for Genesis, Jersey Surf and almost the entirety of Open class given few participated.

Regardless I hope they all show us that drum corps is back and blow us away!!

JMike18
I think this season will bring our mouths to hang down low. I also think when DCI Championships roll around, some surprising placements will shock everyone.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier
I honestly hope so! Love some excitement when there is movement!! Remembering years when Boston, Crossmen, Mandarin, Crown and Bluecoats suddenly jumped up into the higher level of the elite!!! Even though the didn't win those years it was very exciting and in some cases, sign of things to come!!

JMike18
I watched a standstill show performance of Phantom. HOLY MACARONI! They are insanely good this early on in the season. I've also heard their drill is amazing. I can see them placing in the top 6.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier
I was so glad to see Phantom holding strong score wise after being out of comps with covid....I hope they pick rugby back up because I do think they were knocking down a lot of corps this year!!

JMike18
I do believe so myself too. I could really see them placing in the top 7.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier
I'm a little shocked they have been behind Blue Stars for several shows

JMike18
Yeah, I have noticed that too. However, I'm not too worried, DCI Championships are a month away. Anything can happen. Like, it's been on my mind that if the conditions with the Cavaliers continue to get worse, if they decide to end their season early.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
gcurrier
I'm not a huge Cavies fan but man i feel so bad for them. I want them to get beat legitimately not because something medical happened. Not right!!

Man am I pumped Boston and Crown are so neck and neck!! I think it's bringing out the best in them both!!

gcurrier
I'm sorry but Blue Devils being 2 points ahead last night in Broken Arrow is some BS....all I hear is how clean they are, well the evidence shows in Guard that's not true with multiple multiple drops (I stopped at like 8 visually obvious ones) compared to Boston Guard that's on fire and there was just a .2 difference.

Further, just 2 days ago they were a little over 2 points ahead of Vanguard at the same show and boom now its 4.... something just isn't sitting right...

lemon
Those are some fightin' words for any BD fans following the conversation! As for myself, i havent been paying too much attention to scores or shows this year, mostly because ive been a little busy
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
It’s worth noting that BD didn’t win guard, they did win brass but barely (.1 over crown). Most of the 2 point gap between BD and crown was from GE, not performance captions.
Legacy DBC
gcurrier
Boston came on STRONG last night!!! What a show! Historic night for their history, I hope they can keep it up!! Crown from what I have heard is dealing with some holes so hopefully they will put their foot back on the gas soon. Love both shows this year