Login Create Account
Offensive Groups
musicloverrmm
Hi all,

I think it's important we don't take ourselves too seriously. We're a website full of band nerds clicking buttons to make our numbers go up. Some of us have done it for a decade (not saying who, that'd be embarrassing...).

That said, I've noticed at least two accounts - probably by the same person - that have group names that are wholly unacceptable with offensive references to race and other stereotypes.

I know Alex is essentially incommunicado and we are just the last vestiges of creatures existing on his abandoned world, but is it truly impossible to do anything about these groups?

I live my life by the adage of what I permit, I promote... This site had almost 400 active groups last season and I'd hate to see a newcomer see this account that's existed for almost two months now and nobody on the site having done anything about it.

Thoughts?!

Much love,

Musicloverrmm/Synecdoche
JMike18
Unfortunately, both moderators seem to have left FMA, and I don't think Alxmm98 has any access to do anything about them. Sadly, I do not think we can do anything at this moment.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
lemon
Last time we had an incident like this around season 95 i think, someone messaged Alex directly and he appointed a new moderater within a few hours if I recall correctly... only issue is that new moderator went inactive like 3 seasons later lol

I'm sure we could do something similar now
Lemony fresh!
EchoSpark
Our only recourse really is to message Alex and hope for the best
Legacy DBC
blackspid3r
Definitely not cool. Should be some moderators appointed that are regulars on the site that can curtail that sort of stuff. This is for fun and something to do during our leisure. Racism doesn't have a spot here, or any other offensive language for that matter.
blackspid3r - Director of:
-Rochester Royals DBC - DCL
-Wexler High School Warbirds - WCPA
-Nexus - ICCG
-Pulse - MPC
gcurrier
Being one of those embarrassing decade (or more I don't even remember at this point) soul's, I partly agree that our only choice is to attempt to reach Alex, which I have done prior and he often takes action. Can moderators actually delete accounts? Not sure...

I say PARTIALLY agree because I do think we as a greater society of individuals, we can take symbolic actions. We can attempt to discuss with the individual and why we would prefer that they change their name. If they refuse we can collectively condemn the actions. If they further refuse we can do our part to boycott their shows, not allow them into our competitions and refuse to ever allow them into our hall of fame for directors or list of Champions. We have done all those things to a member who cheated the system previously. Did it completely resolve the issue? No but it did minimize them in this activity.

I think this is a valuable discussion though as I agree, this is no place for that (if one ever exists)
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
ScepTorBird
I am in full agreement and ready to enact upon that idea. Vote?

We may be able to find Alex in which case, Gcurrier, I want you to be the resident mod of this website and game
Director of everything InFinIte, Aurorain, IPA, and APA!
alxmm98
Agreed. gcurrier would be perfect hes literally been here since the beginning
Alexander Morales

The Panthers Drum and Bugle Corps- CLASS
Miramar Marching Mauraders- HOPE
FMA Hall of Fame Committee Co-Founder
FMA Commentator
Former FAME President
gcurrier
I would be glad to serve. At least I'm pretty consistently here!

EchoSpark
I think boycotting is a good idea, reduces their ability to play.
Legacy DBC
gcurrier
Has anyone reached out to Alex? Don't want to bombard him

Has anyone reached out to the individual(s) in question?

ScepTorBird
I haven't to Alex, as I don't have contact info, unsure about the peeps in question. Anybody to them? If no, I'd be willing.
Director of everything InFinIte, Aurorain, IPA, and APA!
veritone
I would like to put here that Alex has joined the discord, and our mod team spoke with him. Gcurrier has been made moderator. However, mods cannot delete accounts. We will need to contact him directly to get these accounts removed.
Veritone, Director of Phoenix Performing Arts
DIII Silver Medalist, Season 109
DII Finalist, Season 110
DII Semifinalist, Season 110
DIII Finalist, Season 109
DIII Semifinalist, Seasons 108, 109
blobfish90
Theres a discord?
Blobfish90 Director of
Atlantic Volt DBC (Est. S75)
37 Liberators(Est.S75)
Emerald Swift (Est. S77)
Nutmeg Rangers MB (Est. S75)
lemon
Come on in!

https://discord.gg/Swcbzfvj
Lemony fresh!
Yeeyee99
I’ve noticed some of these groups, I usually make a point not to accept them to my comps.
If direct action can’t be taken, steps like this could help.
The Lonestar Performing Arts Organization
D2 S110 DL and DC champions
D2 S111 DL and CG champions
D2 S113 MB Champions
D1 S117 CG Champions
D1 S118 CG Champions
D1 S119 CG Champions