Login Create Account
Inside FMADC - August 15th 2010
MazzusK
Season 2 is underway. The Corps have taken their 2 weeks to develop new shows for the season. Some have moved up a Division, some have moved down, and some are exactly where they were last season. We’ll no doubt see some new names this season, as FMA continues to grow. But enough about the formalities, it’s time to take a look at the results from the first showday of the season.

Band Geeks, a season removed from winning Division II Gold and now competing in Division I, currently sit on top of Division I. It is clear that they were well prepared for making the jump to Division I. Perception Drum & Bugle Corps, the Season 1 Gold Medalists for Division I, currently sit in 2nd. Filling out the Top 3, although barely, is Sapphire Sound the corps that finished in 6th during Division I Finals last season.

The current Top 3 Division II Corps are all former Division III Corps. The Pride of the Texas Hill Country leads the pack, a season removed from missing Finals for Division III. Currently sitting in 2nd, Knights Vanguard, a corps that made the jump to Division II after being a DIII corps last season. Also moving up from Division III, Vagabond took third for Division II tonight.

Competing in Division III for their second consecutive season, Maroon Dawgs currently sit atop the standings. Solaris, a Corps that competed in Division II last season, took 2nd for Division III tonight. And rounding out the Top 3 for Division III, Black Gold.

Division I Top 5
1. Band Geeks – 56.225
2. Perception Drum & Bugle Corps – 55.775
3. Sapphire Sound – 55.530
4. Madison County Cadets – 55.235
5.Blue Deviled Eggs – 55.215

Division II Top 5
1. The Pride of the Texas Hill Country – 54.360
2. Knights Vanguard – 54.090
3. Vagabond – 53.795
4. Star of CA – 53.400
5.Spartan Regiment – 53.370

Division III Top 5
1. Maroon Dawgs – 51.640
2. Solaris – 51.405
3. Black Gold – 50.985
4. Red Regiment – 50.980
5. Pride of Ohio – 50.890

Top Brass -
D1 - Minneapolis Regiment D2 - North Shore Regiment D3 - Paramount D&B
Top Percussion -
D1 - Darkness D2 - North Shore Regiment D3 - GEORGE
Top Guard -
D1 - Darkness D2 - Open All Knights D3 - Solaris
Top GE(Music) -
D1 - Band Geeks D2 - Indiana Sound D3 - Maroon Dawgs
Top GE(Visual) -
D1 - Band Geeks D2 - Challengers D3 - Black Gold

Daily Numbers)
810: Highest Attendance of the Night(Echos Off The River, hosted by Spin Cycle)
18: Number of shows tonight, which is 2 more than the number of Opening Day shows last season
141: Number of Corps that performed tonight, 40 more than Opening Day last season.
Director of The Wolves Musical and Visual Arts, a non-profit based out of Dacula, Georgia

Former FMA Drum Corps staff writer.