Login Create Account
Season 112 Recaps!
Yeeyee99
Hello everyone, the discord is getting together to write some season recaps for most if not all of the circuits. Post the recaps here gents!
The Lonestar Performing Arts Organization
D2 S110 DL and DC champions
D2 S111 DL and CG champions
D2 S113 MB Champions
D1 S117 CG Champions
D1 S118 CG Champions
D1 S119 CG Champions
Yeeyee99
Hello everyone! Today we'll be discussing the outcomes of this past season's finals, particularly in the circuit of division III drum corps. This will include (but not be limited too) scores, captions, show themes and personal look into each of the top twelves show designs.

Coming in 12th with a score of 55.490, was the Vertigo drum corps. Their show was entitled “L0VE” and featured many classical compositions, such as Elsa’s procession to the cathedral. While being a relatively small new corps, this was their second appearance in Division 3 finals. We look forward to seeing what this corps can bring to the field in the future.

In 11th was the Prodigy Drum corps with a score of 56.785. Their show was entitled “You know my name:The Music of 007.” This classic drum corps show included pieces such as the classic “James Bond theme”, and “Diamonds are forever.” While the corps had a rough finals run dropping from 10th to 11th, we here at Lonestar look at them proudly with a little nostalgia. Season 112 was Prodigy's first season, and they managed to score themselves a spot amongst the top 12 of Division 3’s finest.

Swooping into 10th place with a score of 56.960, is the Ohio Valley drum corps. This Ohio based drum corps jumped to 10th place by finals night with a respectable 0.175 point gap. Their show entitled “Return Journey” was a gunslinger themed show, this idea was enhanced by their second movement which included the piece “Gunslinger” by avenged sevenfold. This Ohio drum corps holds similar honors as the Prodigy drum corps does, as this was also their first season, and they managed to place 10th overall in their respective division.

Coming in at 9th place with a respectable score gap is the Golden Crusaders with a score of 59.885. The crusaders show “A New Life” was a show of new adventure and excitement, portraying the dreams of colonists escaping to the new world. This small town drum corps is making gains in its second season of existence, placing almost three points higher than their inaugural season, and one place higher overall. If the Crusaders return this coming season, it’ll be interesting to see what they have cooking.

In 8th place, with yet another score jump is the Jackson Regiment, with their program entitled “A New World.” This show is in fact very similar to that of the crusaders, depicting colonists and families taking a leap into the unknown and settling the new world. They rounded out their season with a respectable finish of 61.630. The corps is currently set to participate in this coming S113, we here at Lonestar look forward to seeing the future shows this corps' fields.

In 7th place with yet another score gap is the Houston Cadets! Returning from a 2 season long hiatus, the Cadets came back and achieved their highest score yet in their 6 season long history, a 63.390. The Cadets show entitled “Time Interludes Noise” was truly a unique sight on the field, the show included repertoire like that of Fugue in G Minor by Bach and their closer “Machine” by Malcom. The Houston Cadets are set to return in their S113 show “Falling into fantasy” which certainly holds finalist potential for the returning Houston Corps.

In 6th place, just barely edging out the Cadets is the Jade Hussars with their show entitled “Dances on the Danube.” This show scored a 63.485 on finals night, setting a record for the relatively new corps, from their last season's respective 7th place finish in the upper 50’s. The Hussars will return again this coming season with their show entitled “Niagara.” Lonestar Regiment looks forward to the coming future of this Idaho based corps.

Coming in 5th place, rounding out the top 5 is the Orlando Outlanders with a score of 66.275. The corps brought a recognizable sound to the field with their show entitled “The end of time” which featured pieces like the theme from interstellar. It is worth mentioning that the Outlanders, while scoring 2 points below 4th, actually placed 4th in a majority of captions, only falling short in the general effect and ensemble captions. The Orlando based corps will be fielding their 3rd anniversary season show “Poseidon's Wrath” next season, and we at Lonestar Regiment will be watching as this notable division three corps holds potential for the future.

Coming in 4th place with a score of 66.275 is the 86th Regiment. Their show was entitled “Back and Forth” and appeared to be a romance inspired show, with their opener “Blue shades,” and their closer “blue eyes crying in the rain.” This Oklahoma corps managed to take 4th place through their impressive general effect and music and visual ensemble captions, closing out their competitors. The corps will be returning from their impressive inaugural season in S113 again, oddly enough fielding the same show from their previous season.

In 3rd place, receiving the bronze medal, is the Black Gold drum corps with their show entitled “Ig(night).” This division three corps scored a 79.050, which if they had been in division two would’ve landed them in a very respectable 7th place. Their show featured notable works like that of “Firebird” by Stravinsky, which was sure to gain a notable applause by the audience on finals night. It is also worth noting that this third place corps actually took 2nd in a majority of captions only falling short in the general effect and ensembles captions. With the corps scoring so high within their division, it is most likely that they’ll see a promotion into division two, which as pointed out earlier, won’t be too much of a leap for them.

In 2nd place receiving the silver medal and a score of 79.845 is the Quark drum and bugle corps. The corps show entitled “From the void” presented a unique concept onto the field, which ended up being great for their general effect scores which won them 2nd place. Had this corps also been thrown into division two, they would’ve also placed 7th place. Yet another admirable feat for this division three corps. Ultimately this corps unique design, and effective presentation, won them an elite spot amongst the division three medalists.

In 1st place receiving the gold medal is… the Haboob drum corps. This hefty division three corps achieved a score of 83.515 with their show “Sandstorm.” The corps hailing from Arizona, also made the notable accomplishment of going undefeated the entire season. They also swept all captions finals night. Adding onto their already impressive resume, the Haboob drum corps would’ve also finished 5th overall when compared to their division two counterparts. This impressive small town corps is returning again in S113, likely premiering their inaugural season in division two. The Lonestar Regiment is excited to watch this corps fill their true potential.
Going onto the caption awards..

Sweeping all performance captions was the Haboob drum corps

General effects:Haboob
Music and visual ensemble:Haboob
Best winds:Haboob
Best visual:Haboob
Best percussion:Haboob
Best Color Guard:Haboob

In Lonestars own awards, we’d like to present the following awards to these respective corps

Best Opener:Prodigy DBC
Best Ballad:Houston Cadets
Best Closer:Vertigo
Fan Favorite:Houston Cadets
Best Concept:Quark DBC/Houston Cadets
Future Wildcard:Black Gold
D2 S113 MB Champions
D1 S117 CG Champions
D1 S118 CG Champions
D1 S119 CG Champions
gcurrier3
Nice Work
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
JMike18
It's gonna be Season 117 by the time I'm done with mine lol.
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders
Wakasagihime21
I’ll wait. Lol
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
bmwi3fanatic
 Supported FMA!
Awesome recap! Thanks for the Wildcard award -- our members and staff are excited to prove you right this season!
Black Gold Drum and Bugle Corps | Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble | Shine | ⚡Thunder⚡
Proud Members of: CLASS | ENCORE | LGCG | MPC
JMike18
Hey everyone! I am here to talk about the Division I Color Guard Championships that took place earlier this week on Tuesday. Let's dive on in, shall we?

Fantasy Marching Arts Season 112
Division 1 Guard Finals Recap (1st - 12th)

Pre-Recap
The FMA Universe is home to thousands of groups that have performed on some of the biggest stages in the entire world. There is absolutely no shortage of great programs regardless of what circuit you follow in. Today though, we are going to be focusing on the 12 Guards who have worked endlessly to be able to call themselves a FMA Division I Finalist, a title that many dream of experiencing within their own groups, which includes both staff and members.

12th Place - Silent Drill Platoon (86.800)

Bringing up the rear of the finalists is the Silent Drill Platoon, who unfortunately became stagnant pretty early on in the season. We think, because of the director coming back from a lengthy time away from the action, they were most likely overwhelmed and not used to the daily rehearsals that are needed in order to be successful. Nevertheless, the group was able to advance to Finals after harrowingly beating out 13th Place Vision Guard who was just .7 behind back on Prelims Day.

11th Place - Motif (88.040)

“Not Who’d You Expect” was the show Motif performed this season. We were the ones who did not expect Motif to place this low as just 2 seasons ago, they were bronze medalists in Division I for Season 110. However, their musical selections for the show were beautiful and mixed in were some crazy flag features and an incredible rifle/sabre moment. I think if the team of Motif can pull out all the cards for the future seasons, this group could become one of FMA’s top guard programs!

10th Place - Spin City (90.395)

Spin City drove into FMA Division I Finals in their specialized cars which were featured in their production, Caravan. They too became stagnant halfway through the season which caused them to drop in the rankings. Caravan had so many amazing moments, however their costumes were some of the best we saw from the entire day. Spin City has maintained a Division I Finalist spot since Season 104 and I personally don’t think that will stop. Las Vegas should be proud of their top-notch guard program.

9th Place - Buchanan High School Independent (92.085)

Buchanan is phenomenal. To make Division I Finals after being inactive for several seasons is very inspiring. It also helps that their show was called, “Sunshine on My Shoulders”. The way they performed their show, it honestly looked like they had been a Division I Finalist for many seasons. I think many expected this group to not shine as much as they truly did, and I am beyond happy that Buchanan placed 9th in the very competitive FMA Championships. Also, their costumes were stunning! To anyone reading this write-up, I would definitely keep an eye on this group.

8th Place - Wonderment Rainbow Silks & Spinners (94.285)

With the repertoire that this guard had to perform to, it does not surprise me that General Effect was the highest caption they placed in, (6th/12). Easily one of the best prop usage from any guard programs in FMA. With a show called, “Awakening”, they definitely woke everyone up with the fast paced movement that they brought. Unfortunately, we think the show was a little too difficult for them as their point gains were quite small as the season progressed. It is very possible they were trying to top their previous S111 Show, “Listen”, which got them the Division I World Champion trophy. However, they still proved to be a force to be reckoned with.

7th Place - Metamorphosis (95.775)

INSIDE was the production that confirmed Metamorphosis is not going anywhere but to the top. The section of their show with the song, “All Eyes On Me” was breathtaking, and just beautiful. Metamorphosis always performs with such caliber and finesse, as they should with being a top guard program. Many have witnessed the pure power that Metamorphosis has brought to the tables in these events, and INSIDE was no different. I will note though, it does look like their score gains got smaller in that last week, however regardless of that, they still earned 7th place big time. I can not wait to see what this group has in store for the future.

6th Place - Lumberton HS World Guard (96.180)

This guard is known for their very dark shows, and Season 112 was no exception. Their production was called Broken Souls. The level of commitment these performers put into these shows is unbelievable, and their equipment skills are one of the best in the circuit. 20.0/20.0, which had put them in 5th/12. The moment in their show when 7 of their members did a 7s rifle toss made everyone go crazy. There is a reason why this guard is “World Level”, and it is because of consistency. They are very consistent with everything they do. We are saddened though, to hear about them going into inactivity for the next 7 seasons. However, we know that when they return, they will be very hungry and ready to take on the rest of the world.

5th Place - California Cavaliers Winter Guard (98.760)

With a show called, “Who needs cars anyways”, this group brought us on a journey that did not include wheels. What an absolute treat it was to experience a show that could be defined as weird, or even incomplete. However, they taught us that with vehicles, we reach our destination way too fast. In order to see the full effect, we have to go at our own speed. This program had some of the best emotion and theming we’ve ever seen. When the entire guard reached the end of their show, the look they gave everyone in the audience was very touching, as we all knew that they had reached the end of their journey. This guard was a favorite for sure. We are all hoping that this guard continues to excel and to someday, reach the very top again.

4th Place - Snow Eagles (99.875)

Another group where consistency is part of their identity, Snow Eagles, it is a pleasure to see you up here in 4th. They are just one of those groups that you can always expect to see near the top and in this season, they placed no lower than 6th, which only happened 3 times in the beginning of the season. They are known to not release show names, but have full repertoire. This is interesting because their theming and/ tarp is very minimal. Regardless, they still perform with such delicacy that the theming is not as important as we think it is. My personal favorite moment was during the song, “Ya Gotta Try” when the guard made the motion towards the audience, beckoning them to follow the same path the guard uses. Snow Eagles is a contender for one of the best guards for story telling and equipment. This applies to every group who made finals, but if there is an event that has any of the top 5 guards performing there, immediately go!

2nd Place - Riptide Independent (100.00)

The first of the 3 perfect scores is the amazing Riptide Independent, whose show was called, “C”. With the title being so broad, the show was anything but broad. I think we all saw Riptide conquer Division I, mainly because the last 2 times they appeared in Division I Finals, they placed 10th in S107 & S111. They brought us a show that from just one look, it would seem to be boring or just not enough detail. However, throughout the show, you realize that hidden beneath the cover, is an entire story waiting to unfold to show those who are not expecting it. Riptide did just that. It was not surprising to see them get a perfect score, as they executed everything to perfection. Riptide…. You conquered Division I.

(Tie) 1st - The Knight Guard (100.00)

Arguably the best guard in FMA History, The Knight Guard of course had to get a perfect score. Blooming Flowers and Full Moon was their show, and it was an exquisite journey to see. The guard blossomed into a true powerhouse every time they performed in front of everyone. Since S105, the guard has not placed lower than 1st place, which is just pure domination at this point, I swear. When their rifles did a 9s toss, you could say that if they were in fact from another universe, I would absolutely believe it. Onto the performers, it was so sweet to see them be so kind to everyone, because let's be real here, once you start getting into the rhythm of winning, it gets into your head that you cannot be beaten. However, you would have not thought that if you saw the way the guard was acting towards the other guard programs. I’m going to be like everyone else here, I cannot wait to see what the future is like for The Knight Guard *I think their future is bright ;) *

(Tie) 1st Place - Unspecified (100.00)

The other guard to tie is the Unspecified. FMA Legend, this group perfectly performs a show which is always entitled, “Unspecified”, every season that they compete in. The guard has not placed lower than 1st since Season 87, which took place in 2020, 3 years ago. Their shows are always unpredictable since we know nothing about them, yet they are always perfectly executed to the T. The costumes are what you would think of the word “Unspecified”. Just a bunch of everything put together, is how I would describe it. Personal favorite moment, can’t really say. Too unspecified. There is not much else to say other than even though their identity is not as clear as others, they still rock it out on the floor. Gotta love them!
P.S. I know their show for next season.. Hehe

Caption Award Winners

Equipment:

Unspecified
The Knight Guard
Riptide Independent
Snow Eagles
Lumberton HS World Guard

Movement:

Unspecified
The Knight Guard
Riptide Independent

Ensemble:

Unspecified
The Knight Guard
Riptide Independent

General Effect:

Unspecified
The Knight Guard
Riptide Independent

Personal Caption Award Winners

Best Equipment:

The Knight Guard

Best Movement:

California Cavaliers Winter Guard

Best Ensemble:

Riptide Independent

Best General Effect:

Riptide Independent

Fan Favorite:

California Cavaliers Winter Guard

Future Wildcard:

Buchanan High School Independent
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
JMike18
I also wanted to add a special award..

Best Rival:

Metamorphosis

Love yall!!
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
brassdragon
Season 112 had some great competitions, shows, and performances. Division 3 Marching Band was no exception. With thirty-eight competitors, nineteen semifinalists, and twelve finalists, there's plenty to cover. Here’s what the headliners of the division were up to:

~SEMIFINALISTS~

Out of the nineteen semifinalists, 7 did not advance to the finals contest.

In nineteenth place, with a score of 48.820, we find “In Harmony” presenting their show “Together”. The show was a touching portrayal of the power that togetherness can have. Competitively, the show was one to be reckoned with, placing as high as 16th in Visual General Effect. This was “In Harmony”’s FMA Debut, and we’re looking forward to seeing more from them in the future!

In eighteenth place, with a score of 48.970, we have “The Pride of Bixby”, with their show “Echo of the Infinite”. Their show provided insight and reflection on the concept of infinity, with many powerful moments. The Pride of Bixby had an incredibly strong visual performance, placing 3rd in the caption.

Scoring the first 50 here with a total of 50.360, we have the Roving Rovers! Their show “Roving Along” was a crowd favorite show. It was designed for the group’s alumni and rich history. The rovers were carried by their incredible winds, scoring a 6.880 in wind performance, placing 3rd in the caption.

In sixteenth, we have the Northwest Spirit Regiment, with their score of 50.935. Their show was entitled “Superstorm”, and featured selections from Robert W. Smith, Todd Stalter, and The Weather Girls. It was a unique twist on a classic weather show theme. Consistent placements in all 9 captions helped this group to achieve success competitively.

In fifteenth, we find Harmony High School. This Florida-based group had a show entitled Currents, landing in Semis with a score of 51.250 The production extensively explored the fascinating behaviors of water, such as waves, ripples, and currents. Similarly to Northwest, strong winds performance helped this group to secure their spot in semifinals.

The Shiawassee Marching Machine placed 14th in semis with a score of 51.330, just .08 ahead of Harmony High School. Their show “Twinkle” was about the beauty of the stars, galaxies, and the universe as a whole. Consistency was the name of the game here. The Shiawassee Marching Machine didn’t place lower than 16th in 8/9 captions.

Just shy of finals with a score of 52.485, we have the Moose Valley High School Marching Moose. Moose Valley's show is entitled “Whirl Wind”, and tells the story of a powerful storm battering a city. Strong showings in the General Effect Captions helped the Marching Moose land in 13th. Both of the GE judges had them in finals.

~FINALISTS~

Our first finalist comes from the state of Georgia, landing in 12th place with a score of 53.390. The Peach State Marching Band's show was titled "Gems Beyond Our Stars", featuring Messages from the Stars by The RAH Band, Mars from the Planets by Gustav Holst, and Love Like You [Reprise] from Steven Universe by Rebecca Sugar. Peach State had strong showings in Winds, Percussion, and Guard, but was held back by M.Ens, V.Ens, M.GE, and V.GE.

In eleventh, with a score of 53.965 was LGMB's Patriot Brigade. Their show was entitled "Cirque Noir", with original compositions by Rob Stein. The show was about a mysterious and dangerous circus. On the competitive side, high achievement in the V.GE and General Effect Captions helped this group make the finals cut, and ahead of 12th place Peach State MB.

Tenth place featured the Chattanooga High School Marching Band. Their S112 show was entitled "A Taste of Brass!" and featured several brass heavy pieces, such as the Haitian Fight Song, Birdland, and Fables of Fabus. Their brass was immaculate and had a profound effect on judges. Their wind score was fourth in Finals, aiding their final score of 54.430.

The ninth-place D3 marching band was the Meadowbrook Marching Band of Jacksonville, FL. Their show was entitled "Wild Things", and explored wild and absurd things on land, air, and sea. Great showings visually helped this group earn a score of 55.295 in finals.

The John Glenn High School Marching Band placed eighth with a score of 56.110, almost a point ahead of 9th. This was supported by outstanding General Effect and Ensemble scores. Focusing more on design, their show was simply titled "The Day After Tomorrow", an extremely emotional and touching production.

In 7th place with a score of 58.690, we have the Joshua Marching Cadet Band. The Kuala Lumpur-based group had a show entitled "Saint Brigade", and featured numerous selections of various musical styles. This show was one of the most unique and fun to watch of the night! These musical selections must’ve resonated with the judges, as they boasted extremely high scores in most music captions, but especially Percussion.

Moving into the top half of finals, we find the O'Fallon Marching Tigers in 6th place with the first 60+ score of the night: 60.380. Their show was called "Falling Apart", and featured Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi, Tadow by Masego, Bookmarks from Japan: V. Evening Snow at Kambara by Julie Giroux, and Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley. O'fallon's scores were extremely consistent across the board, which helped them to reach the top of D3 MB.

The Jet High School Marching Band placed 5th in finals, with a score of 61.560. The Texan ensemble's show was entitled Heart Strings, a show about love and all the complications it can have. The group entered prelims in 4th place but fell to 5th in the semifinal and final round. The groups carried extremely high General Effect Scores but were plagued with low music scores, which likely prevented them from placing higher.

In 4th, we have The Colony High School Cougar Marching Band, scoring a 61.640. a razor-thin margin above the Jet High School MB. Their score was mostly carried by their absurdly high Winds score of 8.145. They had the highest wind achievement of the night by about .8. The Colony’s show was "Pipe Dreams", a show exploring radical and crazy dreams. the show featured the Interstellar Theme, and Fugue and Toccatta in D Minor.

The Season 112 Division III Bronze Medalist was the Northern Star Marching Aurora. Their show was simply entitled "Sevens and Thirteens", and was about the weirdness and superstitious beliefs held with the numbers 7 and 13. Receiving a 64.805 in finals, more than 3 points ahead of 4th, the northern star had high achievement in all 9 captions. Notably, they received 13’s in both General Effect captions. Ironic.

The D3 S112 MB Silver Medalist was Monsoon, with a score of 65.965. Their show was entitled "Drought", and explored the story of a land entering a once-in-a-lifetime drought, and the events that follow. It featured It's Getting Hot in Here by Nelly, and Temperature by Sean Paul. High General Effect scores helped to secure this group’s silver medal.

This Season’s D3 Marching Band World Champion was Quark Highschool, with an eyepopping score of 79.810. This was almost FOURTEEN whole points over second place. The award-winning show was entitled "Rainbow", and featured the selections City Trees by Michael Markowski, The Sweet Science by Vulfpeck, and Sunshine by Bent Knee. Quark High School won 7/9 captions decisively, conceding only percussion and winds to The Colony.

D3 Marching band had a great season in 112, and I tried my best to highlight groups and their achievements. Looking forward to 113!

-brassdragon
(D2) Pentium DBC: DCL
(D1) Pentium OPE: HOPE
(D2) Pentium GC: ICCG
(D2) Pentium PE: LGDL
Yeeyee99
Neat!
D2 S113 MB Champions
D1 S117 CG Champions
D1 S118 CG Champions
D1 S119 CG Champions
Wakasagihime21
Just a heads up, recaps for Division 1 Drum Corps will be releasing in the next hour!
(I am so sleepy please send help)
JMike18
Awesome!
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Spirit of the Raiders
Wakasagihime21
Hello fellow directors! I've been tasked to write the recaps for Season 112's Division 1 Drum Corps Championship Finals!
Without further ado, here we go!

Fantasy Marching Arts Season 112
Division 1 Drum Corps Finals Recap (1st - 12th)

12th Place - Wonderment Rainbow Cavaliers (88.300)

Wonderment Rainbow Cavaliers placed 12th in Division 1 Drum Corps for the 112th season of Fantasy Marching Arts.
The Cavaliers from Windermere, Florida started off strong with a score of 80.900 in their first competition, but unfortunately their scores stagnated in the latter stages of the season.
Nonetheless, their show Between Angels and Demons, a tribute to the 2011 DCI title-winning show of the Cadets, was musically and visually strong enough to land them a place in the Finals.
13th Place Spirit of Bucktown were no match for the Wonderment Rainbow Cavaliers, as they were a full 4 points below the latter.

11th Place - Spirit of the Raiders (89.985)

Spirit of the Raiders had a fairly stable season throughout S112, placing 11th place in multiple competitions and ultimately, Finals as well.
Their show Machine was a visually-extraordinary show, so much so that their Visual Performance score was 4th overall, beating 7 other Finalists.
Director JMike18 is known for his perseverance and toughness, which allowed the Lumberton corps to arrive in Finals with ease.
Most can agree that the only direction for the Raiders is none other than up!

10th Place - South Star (90.610)

South Star performed a dazzling star-themed show To the Stars! which wowed all astronauts and non-astronauts in the crowd and landed them in 10th place.
"To the Stars!" is filled to the brim with majesty and magnificence, with selections from renowned composers such as Yu-Peng Chen and Eric Whitacre.
However, the most mind-altering experience comes in their closer, with the powerful "To Be Vivid Stars" by Satoshi Yagisawa playing, both the audience and judges were simply transported to a new dimension mid-performance.
South Star is no doubt a drum corps brimming with glistening potential, and time will tell if the shining light of Corpus Christi will take us to infinity and beyond.

9th Place - Si Feng DBC (91.585)

FMA's leading Drum Corps from China has done it again!
Si Feng DBC placed a comfortable 9th place with their show Just a Summer Day.
A concept never seen before, the Zhangjiajie group collaborated with Petaling Jaya Sound in order to create a masterpiece of storytelling.
Just a Summer Day tells the story of a fairly normal summer day slowly and gradually descending into madness and chaos, with the bright and sunny colours in the first movement transforming into fiery, hellish shades once entering into the third movement.
Si Feng DBC never fails to amaze the FMA crowd with their spectacular and ear-worming shows, and it's not long before the Four Heavenly Winds of Zhangjiajie becomes one of the top groups in FMA!

8th Place - Maple City Cadets (93.815)

Tolkien would be proud, as Maple City Cadets' show "The Fellowship of the Ring" lands them in a decent 8th place!
Johan de Meij's Symphony No. 1, "The Lord of the Rings": I. Gandalf (The Wizard) was no doubt a dynamic entry into the show.
Overall, their show was filled with amazing fantasy elements, which allowed the audiences to immerse themselves right into Middle-earth.
Fans of the Tolkien series in the crowd were more than delighted to say the least, and it's no surprise if the Cadets managed to get many present during Finals hooked on the books and movies as well!
The corps from LaPorte, Indiana is always evolving and introducing wonderful ideas to the world of FMA, and indubitably many are eager to see them perform again.

7th Place - Legacy Drum and Bugle Corps (94.900)

Legacy DBC is no doubt one of the strongest Drum Corps FMA has in recent seasons, and they've managed to land themselves a respectable 7th Place in Season 112.
Their show, a tribute to the legendary Rock Band Queen, captured the hearts of audiences both young and old.
Their opener "We Will Rock You" is definitely a strong and powerful one, which introduced the crowd to the overall mood of the show, and their ballad "Bohemian Rhapsody" might as well go down as one of the most legendary ballads performed in FMA history!
Had Legacy performed better in the Prelims and Semifinals, they would have beaten sixth-placed Petaling Jaya Sound and even fifth-placed Riptide!
The FMA judges unanimously agree that Legacy has much more to show for in the future, so it's safe to say that Legacy's legacy in FMA is definitely just getting started.

6th Place - Petaling Jaya Sound (95.345)

Petaling Jaya Sound is back at it again with their indomitable spirit and fortitude, which led them to a marvellous 6th-Place finish!
Starting the season off rocky, the only Malaysian FMA corps managed to persevere and fortify a position in the Finals with their show Take Back The Falls!
If Si Feng represented Peace to Chaos, Petaling Jaya Sound represented the inverse of that — Chaos to Peace.
The exciting show represented the struggle of power between the forces of good and evil, where good ultimately triumphs in the end.
The effects of the show were simply mind-blowing, and left the audiences on the edge of their seats; in fact, Petaling Jaya Sound and Legacy had pretty similar scores, but it was the dominant General Effect Score that gave the Petaling Jaya corps an edge.
Asia's current #1 Corps is steadily growing to become one of FMA's biggest corps, and the members of Petaling Jaya Sound show no signs — not even a hint — of stopping.

5th Place - Riptide (96.820)

Riptide's mysterious show simply titled "A" landed them in 5th Place for Season 112 of Fantasy Marching Arts.
The corps from Oviedo, Florida was pretty dominant throughout the season, achieving multiple medals in various competitions.
"A" is definitely a show brimming with musical excellence, as their Music Ensemble score was among the highest of all Division 1 groups.
There's still many things unknown about this corps — What are their goals? What does "A" represent? Where do they go from here?
One question stands above the others, however: Is Riptide poised to become the new Unspecified?

4th Place - Silver Sage Vanguard (97.550)

Silver Sage Vanguard has undoubtedly become one of the stalwarts of FMA in recent seasons; this time, they've managed to clinch a whopping 4th Place.
The only Nevadan corps to make Finals, their show Les Miserables, based on the historical novel, featured music arranged by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg and was an instant crowd favourite.
Fast-paced, high-octane, and Molto Energico were only few of the adjectives used to describe this beautiful show.
The climax of the show, the Ballad, was simply mesmerising, akin to a Renaissance artpiece — so much so that tears were shed by both audiences and judges.
Silver Sage Vanguard definitely gave a masterclass of a performance, and I, along with others, are 100 to the power of 100% sure that the Vanguards are going to get their first Division 1 Championship very, very soon.

3rd Place - Nemesis (99.885)

"Ah, so close!" exclaimed almost everyone who were anticipating an unprecedented three-way tie in the Finals of Division 1 Drum Corps.
Nonetheless, the legendary corps from Burlington, Vermont gave a commendable performance.
Their show "Let Fly" comprised of pieces from the legendary Chinese-American composer Bright Sheng. "Shanghai Overture" was the one to start it all while "Let Fly" ended it, with the visuals alluding to members of the corps achieving hard-fought liberty, and spreading their wings into the kingdom of freedom.
Nemesis' show was near perfect, with the only holes, albeit extremely tiny, coming from their Music Ensemble and General Effect (Visual).
Not to worry though, as everyone is aware that Nemesis is one of the most experienced veterans in the field of FMA, and it is only a matter of time until they score a perfect 100.000. We're rooting for it!

2nd Place - Continuum (99.995)
Having scored 100.000 in the Preliminaries and Semifinals, it was a major shock to everyone in Lucas Oil Stadium that evening when it was announced that Continuum had scored a 99.995 instead.
According to Director McEuph, one of the snare drummer's snare fell from their harness mid-performance, causing the 0.005 deduction.
Quite a bittersweet conclusion to Continuum's final ever performance, as their show Falcon Sunset features the members riding majestically into the sunset in the end.
The vivid imagery and visuals were a magnificent sight to behold, and the sheer ferocity and dynamics of the corps' performance likened them to valiant warriors and valkyries fighting one final battle.
As the closer Don't You (Forget About Me) played, the crowd needs no reminder: they will never ever forget about Continuum.
The conclusion to their show followed a full 5-minute standing ovation, filled with overwhelming cheers from the crowd. The stadium roared louder than when Phantom Regiment won in 2008.
Last but not least:
Thank you, Continuum.

1st Place - Unspecified (100.000)
It's safe to say that Unspecified's show Unspecified is pretty unspecified.
Hailing from Unspecified, Unspecified's Unspecified is extremely unspecified.
Both the music and visuals were displayed in an unspecified manner, and Unspecified did not specify the ideas behind Unspecified, leaving it up to the audience's specifications.
Unspecified, however, being the Unspecified show it is, managed to win the Division 1 Drum Corps Circuit in an unspecified manner, much to Unspecified's delight.
Unspecified did specifically specify how unspecificed Unspecified would be, and unspecified Unspecified was.
In terms of how the audiences and judges think about Unspecified's unspecified Unspecified, they can only specify it in one word: Unspecified.
Unspecified will no doubt continue to dominate for an unspecified amount of time, and perhaps expand its influence to an unspecified amount of unspecifiable area.
Truly Unspecified.

As the Big 3 of Fantasy Marching Arts absolutely dominated Division 1 Drum Corps, let's take an alternate look into the Caption Awards: what if the Big 3 were not present?

Caption Award Winners (excluding Big 3)
Best Winds Performance: Silver Sage Vanguard
Best Percussion Performance: Silver Sage Vanguard
Best Color Guard Performance: Silver Sage Vanguard
Best Visual Performance: Spirit of the Raiders
Best Music Ensemble: Riptide
Best Visual Ensemble: Silver Sage Vanguard
Best General Effect: Silver Sage Vanguard

Fan Favourite Awards
Best Opener: Nemesis
Best Ballad: Silver Sage Vanguard
Best Closer: Continuum
Overall Fan Favourite: Continuum
Unspecified Award: Unspecified

That concludes the recap for FMA Season 112 Division 1 Drum Corps. See you all next time!
Bookshelf, signing out.
gcurrier3
Nice job everyone! I'm gunning for that Unspecified award!!
Division 2 Drum Corps, Marching Band, Color Guard and Percussion World Champion
Wakasagihime21
You will one day, Gary!