Login Create Account
FMA Fan Favorite: Season 114
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Some minor changes for season 114:

- The maximum vote count has been reduced from 5 votes to 3 votes per division

- Voting will be split up into two stages: preliminary and finals. Division winners will be decided during the preliminary stage while an OVERALL winner will be decided during the final stage

- Preliminary voting starts the first day of week 5 (August 2nd) and ends the day before FMA prelims scores are released (August 5th @ 8PM EST)

- Final voting starts immediately after the division winners are announced and ends when final scores are released (August 8th @ 8PM EST)

The rest of the rules:
- Voting will start during Week 5 to account for late entries or other changes
- You cannot vote for your own groups
- You may cast up to THREE votes per division
- Groups that are not scheduled in any competitions or are obviously fundraising or inactive have been omitted
- PM me if your group is not listed, if you want your group removed, or if there are any errors (you have until week 5 to do so)

Spreadsheet for groups/show repertoire: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19n5eoVOUUur5fvbTEoWajC0lEO-MoC2t1fPgIlzwYRo/edit?usp=sharing

If you know what division you'll be in this season feel free to add your group now and format your entry how you see fit, otherwise I'll be adding all groups when divisions are announced

---
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Director of Osaka Bay Performing Arts
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble (WCPA)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lemon
I will be doing this for the Marching Band circuit this season! It will follow the same updated rules as the drum corps vote.
Lemony fresh!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Preliminary voting is now open! Ends on August 5th @ 8PM EST

Prelim poll: http://forms.gle/bHnR72NFwt1FkZwX6

Spreadsheet for groups/show repertoire: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19n5eoVOUUur5fvbTEoWajC0lEO-MoC2t1fPgIlzwYRo/edit?usp=sharing

---
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lemon
And here is the Marching Band poll!

http://forms.gle/JsHCc7Hvbur8BBqj8
Lemony fresh!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Voting ends in less than 24 hours. We have a good number of votes but the more the merrier, so if you haven't done so already go and cast your votes!
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
mceuph
Lemon, the marching band poll links to the drum corps spreadsheet.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
mceuph
Lemon, the marching band poll links to the drum corps spreadsheet.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
lemon
The plan initially was for me to add the MB shows to that spreadsheet, but I started putting the MB poll together quite late and with my inexperience in Excel, I wasn't able to add those shows. Sorry about that!
Lemony fresh!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
Congrats to the winners! Results are below:

Division I

Winner (tie): Petaling Jaya Sound: "Hymn of the Highlands" ; South Star: "Of Kings and Queens" - 6 votes
Runner-Up (tie): Kanpeki-sa: "All for One, and One for All" ; Nemesis: "Fireflies" - 5 votes
3rd Place: Maple City Cadets: "J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”" - 4 votes

Division II

Winner: Black Gold: "The Calculating Stars" - 10 votes
Runner-Up: Pentium Drum & Bugle Corps: "The End of the Southern Sky" - 8 votes
3rd Place: Star of Nevada: "The Unity Project" - 5 votes

Division III

Winner: Houston Cadets: "Never-Ending Fun" - 7 votes
Runner-Up (tie): Golden Knights: "Warrior" ; Hardwalkers: "Walk Hard" - 4 votes
3rd Place (tie): Liberty Bell Drum and Bugle Corps: "Exandia" ; Pals Hornline and Drum Corps: "A night at the opera" - 3 votes

The following groups have advanced to the final poll: Black Gold, Houston Cadets, Petaling Jaya Sound, South Star

You can vote for them here: http://forms.gle/LUWyDF284WLdFMAP7

Voting ends when the scores for finals are released, good luck to those who have advanced!

---
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lemon
Here are the MB results for the preliminary vote!

Division I:

1st place: Marching Knights - "Our Changing World" - 6 votes
2nd place (tie): Infinity - "Foundation" - Lake Orion High School Dragon Marching Band - "Toy Blocks" - Osaka Bay Outdoor Performance Ensemble - "Within These Hallowed Halls" - 3 votes
3rd place (tie): Marching Band - "Travelers of Time and Space" - The Pride of Hayfield - "Orpheus" - 2 votes

Division II

1st place: Pentium Outdoor Performance Ensemble - "To Seek a Great Perhaps" - 4 votes
2nd place (tie): Echo - "6 Degrees of Seperation" - Gothania Fightin' Ravens Marching Band - "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" - 3 votes
3rd place (tie): Klein Cain Hurricane Marching Band - "When Hell Freezes Over" - Marching Black and Gold - "Outside the Box" - Pride of the Palmetto State - "Where the Sidewalk Ends" - 2 votes

Division III

1st place (tie): Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble - "...and the Tony goes to?!" - Golden APEX Marching Regiment - "The Streets at Midnight" - Jet High School Marching Band - "In the Beginning of Days" - Liberty Bell Marching Band and Color Guard - "Lior" - 4 votes
2nd place: Softwalkers - "One Giant Shoe Prop" - 2 votes
3rd place (tie): Ofallon Marching Tigers - "Shine!" - Panhandle Platoon - "How will I know?" - Steel City Sound - "Together, Forever" - The Essence Cadets - "Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba" - Thunder Vanguard - "Beyond the Line" - 1 vote

Our Finalists are: Marching Knights, Pentium Outdoor Performance Ensemble, Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble, Golden APEX Marching Regiment, Jet High School Marching Band, Liberty Bell Marching Band and Color Guard

Vote here!: http://forms.gle/pqmP3PK9wo8kSLh5A

As with the Drum Corps vote, voting will end when Finals scores are released.
Lemony fresh!
LongSchlongJimmyJohn
And our overall winner for drum corps is...

Petaling Jaya Sound!

Congrats! Many great shows this season, but this one reigned supreme.

---
Jimmy John
FMA Hall of Fame Member
Kanpeki-sa (DCL)
Hamachi (LGCG)
Wagyu Beats (GDF)
lemon
And for the marching band circuit:

Pentium Outdoor Performance Ensemble!
Lemony fresh!
Wakasagihime21
Thank you once again for everyone who voted! I really appreciate it, and you guys have made a small corps from a small country insanely happy!
Our members cannot express their gratitude enough. Even though we failed to win a medal in Season 114, this is arguably a similar great feeling to winning a medal.
Once again, thank you all!
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen