Login Create Account
Taking a Break
gnewp650
Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, due to real-life concerns, and with careful thought and consideration, it is with great sadness that the administration and staff at Buchanan High School have decided to step away from the field for the upcoming season and possibly more. I am not in the proper headspace to continue with efficiently running 4 groups at this moment, and I owe it to our membership to be at my best so I can push them to be the same. It is a decision I do not make lightly, and I GREATLY thank the immense amount of support that we’ve had for seasons 112 and 113. All home shows will unfortunately be cancelled until I am comfortable coming back to the field, including:

Bucktown Brass Classic
July ‘23 MCBA State Finals
Midwest Color Guard Championships - Buchanan
Drums on the McCoy

All 4 ensembles broke their scoring records from season 112, with ALL groups making division 1 or 2 finals for the first time. We can’t thank our community enough for allowing us to bring the joy of music to the field and the floor each and every season. However, the show will go on. The lights will still shine. You all are destined for something special, and while this isn’t a forever goodbye, it is our hope to be back performing for you all soon.

Best of luck to everyone competing and performing in season 114, and we will be cheering you on in spirit ❤️
gnewp650

Director
Michigan Matrix Drum & Bugle Corps (D1)
Michigan Matrix Marching Band (D1)
Michigan Matrix Independent (D1)
Michigan Matrix Indoor Lakerline (D1)
Wakasagihime21
Take care!
Director - Petaling Jaya Sound (DCL)
Director - Petaling Jaya Irama (LGDL)
- All-time Drumline Div. 3 RANK #7
Occasional Volunteer - Couchmen
JMike18
Awww! Sad to hear. When having 4 active groups, it can take a toll on you. Hope you get some rest from all of this. We all cannot wait for you and your group's return!
Director of:
- Lumberton HS MRB
- Lumberton HS World Guard
- Lumberton HS Winterline
- Spirit of the Raiders