Login Create Account
Season II Kickoff Recap of Top 10
Hypothesis
Hey everyone!
Looks like the colour guard division II is heating up to a fierce battle of the century.
It's a close run between the top ten as listed below and I have a personal stake in this with Static Guard as well. I think after last season most guards will be picking up their socks and running into battle with their best gloves on (and i don't mean Opera Gloves either). Wonder girls are wowing their audiences with Their "World Tour" Show Let's all hope each flight is a safe one for this All Girl Winter Guard. Following in a close second is Vis X Featuring the "Elements"....This is a Shining Show if you get the Golden opportunity to see this Guard. The Pride of the Texas Hill Country is proud of their "Star" power Production with high tosses and and dead on catches this guard should stay within the top guards this season. Unfortunately equipment scores kept them out of the Silver position. North Shore POW ravaged the floor with "A new life" and kept the audience on their feet and the edge of their seat with this entertaining vehicle that just may take them all the way. The Spirit introduced their show "the Rose is" which was beauty beyond belief. I was awestruck a the kindness they offered from the minute they entered the facility...this is a guard that should win the congeniality award if not a top position. If you have the opportunity to see Spirit, stop and say hi to the membership! One of the nicest bunch around. in the 6th position was My own Guard Static Guard trying to sound unbiased I will let you know that the "Memories of my Mother" was well received by everyone....There wasn't a dry eye in the place when they were done. Music by Madonna "I promise to try" was inspiring and touching. Watch as this little girl remembers her Mother that she lost at a very young age and envisions life with her. Purple Rhapsody Visual Ensemble Performed their production of Love is Forever to great approval, finishing in the top ten for the first time out is looking good for their future. Piedmont Royals placed themselves in the top ten with an Egyptian theme that wowed the audience and entertained them as well...congrats to Piedmont Royals on a job well done!
Color of Carolina is sitting in 9th place and planning to hold that position or improve it...watch out! Great job with their season II production of "Subdivisions". And finally in the tenth position is FWoof...Wow what a show "Floor Dance" is It keeps your heart pounding and your hands clapping as they dance to the tunes of Lady Gaga, 50 Cent, and Daft Punk! It's and explosive show packed with Dancers that could out-dance some of the very best...best of luck to you FWoof from 43rd in Division III last season they are taking the Season 2 by storm.
Well I hoped you all enjoyed my first recap of the Season 2 Opener...It looks like it will be a very competitive and entertaining season for all...I am also interested in an interview with a director or two of any groups in Division II that have moved up from Div III this season.

Top Ten Postings are below for your perusal

1 Wonder Girls 56.880
2 Vis X 56.510
3 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 55.940
4 North Shore POW 55.570
5 The Spirit 54.855
6 Static Guard 54.455 *My own Guard*
7 Purple Rhapsody Visual Ensemble 54.425
8 Piedmont Royals 54.305
9 Color of Carolina 53.890
10 Fwoof 53.765

Good luck and Congrats to all Div II Colour Guard Competitors this season and I will see you on the Court!
Director of:
Open all Knights Drum Corps
Kentucky Mustangs Marching Band
Static Guard winter guard
Majestix (Magic Stix) Drum Line
All proud members of ECC Region 3