Login Create Account
Season 116: Discussion, Rankings, Competitions, Etc.
lemon
Here we go!!
Lemony fresh!
EsMB
is it just on my end, or are there 2 competitions with the same name by the same person (october 12th, south carolina competition). i havent seen this before, im assuming its a bug?
Director of Hobbiton Marching Arts Association
What do you mean, good morning?
EsMB
im also getting duplicates of people's trying to enter my competition, when i accept one they both accept immediately and take up 2 slots for 1 person
lemon
Yeah, it's a fairly common bug
Lemony fresh!
EsMB
alright, thank you
lemon
How's everybody feeling about this upcoming season? I had my best scores ever last season and I'm looking forward to even greater heights for 116!
Lemony fresh!
ChrisRohn
I'm feeling kind of unspecified about this season.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Dreems2
Si Feng didn't have the greatest season score-wise last season, and all the membership knows that, so we're excited to bounce back!
Dreems- Director of:
-(HOPE) Lake Orion High School Marching Band
-(ROYAL) LOHS Winter Percussion
-(INS) Metamorphosis Color Guard
-(DCL) Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps
corndogshuffle
Feeling pretty good about this upcoming season. I started Season 115 several days late so I’m not really sure what my real baseline score is, Season 116 will give me a lot of good info. My goal is to medal in all four D1 competitions, that feels pretty achievable.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
dsonics
Excited to start my first season in years 😇
lemon
Welcome back!
Lemony fresh!
bmwi3fanatic
 Supported FMA!
🥇Anyone left with a space for their ensembles on October 24th: sign up for one of the Masters of FMA events!🥇

Thanks again to Spenwood and Gcurrier for ensuring we had all events covered this season.

‼️If you’re a medalist or finalist — you’ve earned a spot in the lineup!‼️
Black Gold Drum and Bugle Corps | Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble | Shine | ⚡Thunder⚡
Proud Members of: CLASS | ENCORE | LGCG | MPC
mceuph
Infinity Takes Flight at Flock of Ravens Invitational

Infinity made their highly anticipated debut of the season at the Flock of Ravens Invitational, and the performance of their show "Cowboys & Aliens" left spectators with mixed reviews and diverse opinions.

The band, known for captivating show designs in the past, took the field with their thrilling fusion of Wild West adventure and extraterrestrial intrigue.

The audience was divided in their reactions, reflecting the diverse range of experiences at the event. Some praised Infinity's unique approach and artistic choices, while others voiced concerns about execution and cohesion online.

One poster expressed a sense of underwhelm, saying, "I hate to say it, but Infinity's performance today left me underwhelmed. The concept of 'Cowboys & Aliens' sounded cool, but it felt disjointed on the field." They weren't alone, as another user reflected on the band's placement, "Seventh place with a score of 74.995? Infinity has some serious competition this season, and they're struggling to keep up."

Mixed reviews also emerged, showcasing a blend of both praise and critique. MusicLover89 mentioned the remarkable moments in the show but pointed out the need for improvements in certain areas: "The whistle soloist was fantastic, no doubt about it. But there were some noticeable timing issues, and the pacing of the show felt a bit uneven."

MarchingEnthusiast22 posted, "Infinity's performance today had its ups and downs. Sam Whistle's solo was excellent, no doubt about it. But there were some noticeable timing issues, and the execution of individual captions needs serious work which is concerning, because the show honestly doesn't seem like it has a lot of difficulty."

Infinity, despite the mixed reception, remains determined to refine and elevate their show "Cowboys & Aliens" as they continue their journey through the competitive season. The band's director, Emily Anderson, expressed her confidence in the team's potential, stating, "We're taking this feedback seriously and will work tirelessly to bring out the best in our show. Infinity is all about pushing boundaries and delivering captivating performances, and we're committed to doing just that."

As the season progresses, Infinity fans and critics alike eagerly await the band's next performance, hoping to witness the evolution of "Cowboys & Aliens" into a truly unforgettable musical experience.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity