Login Create Account
Legends/Ram Booster Clubs
ChrisRohn
I'm just putting this out there now before it becomes a serious issue.

There are Legends/Ram Booster club shows using alternate accounts every week of the season. We have collectively "blacklisted" users who have done this in the past. I know you can't do anything about it now, but be forewarned.

You take away from the potential profits of other players when you do this, and it floods finals with a bunch of ensembles, which, over time, could also cause competition result complaints.

If you would like to make your own slate of events, I recommend starting your own league.

I personally will not be applying for any of the shows associated with the "booster clubs."

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
corndogshuffle
I put a message about this in discord but hadn’t had a chance to send a reminder, because it was late and I needed to sleep. It was meant to be competitions run by non competitive ensemble, who don’t run campaigns, for low influence groups to have more opportunities to compete. I’m not attending those events with my main account, those groups aren’t running campaigns, or attending any events.

Nobody said anything negative about this when I posted it in the discord, if that had happened I never would have put up the shows, but if it makes people uncomfortable I can just drop my idea and never sign in to the accounts again. I wasn’t trying to be sneaky. That’s why they’re all named after my real groups.

***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
ChrisRohn
I don't mean to overreact but I had instant FastForward flashbacks. As long as it's limited, I can see some value.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
corndogshuffle
Honestly reading your post I understand exactly why you were concerned. If the community at large doesn’t like it I’m happy to stop doing this, I really want to be transparent and fair to everyone. I just remember how hard it was to get started filling my schedule back in the day (not even that far back… I couldn’t even fill my schedule for my competitive groups last season after starting three or four days late).
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
EchoSpark
Im okay with it, but I for sure got flashbacks until I actually clicked on the profile and saw who it was and remembered what was going on. Maybe there’s a better way of branding them to make it clearer?
Legacy DBC
corndogshuffle
I’m definitely interested in rebranding. I wanted to make it super obvious it was me not trying to be sneaky but “booster club” was definitely the wrong way to phrase things. I’m open to suggestions, because frankly I’m not super creative in that way… so the former band director in me just reverted to using familiar terms.

One thing that could help a bit is branding the events themselves as something to the effect of “low influence competitions” instead of trying to give them real names. The “groups” still need to be rebranded but that would help some.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
EchoSpark
I think rebranding them as "Filler" or "Low influence" or maybe "Entry level" might help
Something like "FMA entry level week 1" maybe?
Legacy DBC
Dreems2
We could also see if anyone on the forums or discord would be willing to hold low influence competitions every other week or so, I'm certain a few people here and there have some left over money for competitions, might be a fun way to get some people's schedules filled out!
Dreems- Director of:
-(HOPE) Lake Orion High School Marching Band
-(ROYAL) LOHS Winter Percussion
-(INS) Metamorphosis Color Guard
-(DCL) Si Feng Drum & Bugle Corps