Login Create Account
Fastforward 2.0
GreatHeffley
I've lurked this site for some time, and noticed a new account with VERY similar names. Ive heard of FastForward and his 20+ accounts, and I fear the worst. The account in question in Baritone___ the accounts end in a combination of 8, 0, and 1. Their accounts are
Baritone801- Blue Norwegians
Baritone018-Scotsmen
Baritone180-Blue Englishmen
Baritone810-Blue Dutchmen
Baritone108- Blue Italians
Currently, these accounts aren't a threat, but they could very well become a copycat of FastForward soon. Just something to think about.
Bartione108
This is Baritone 108, and I am the owner of these other accounts, I was unaware of this ‘Fastforward’ I do not wish for control of finals, in my competitions, I give low level group’s priority in getting in my competitions. If you look at all my trophy cases I only have 3 semifinals appearances, I do not, I repeat DO NOT want control of finals, I want equality in the game, but I do not perceive myself as a threat, like I said, I only have THREE semifinals appearances, and no finals appearances. I will at most have six accounts, that’s all I will do. I don’t wish to control this game in any aspect other than my own accounts, boycott me in anyway you see fit, but I will continue to host competitions and I will continue giving appearances to lower level, and newer competitors to give them a chance in FMA.
Brendan Low, Creator and Owner of the Blue Nationalities Groups.
Gold Medalist in both Solo (G2) & Ensemble (G3) in 2023-24 ISSMA competition.
Baritone/Euphonium Player for Hamilton Southeastern
bmwi3fanatic
 Supported FMA!
You "lurk" the site but just made an account today? Or do you also have multiple accounts.

Multiple accounts is not the issue....the behavior of FastForward was for sure.

If you want to do well competitively in the game, put the work in. Rehearse, host competitions, join a league. If you understand and optimize your efforts you will be successful -- and it won't matter what anyone else does.

If someone scores higher than you (aside from unethical farming like FastForward), then they simply put the work in and deserve to do well, or vice versa.

Creating an account today to taddle on how someone else wants to play the game with multiple accounts is immature at best. Quit being a cry baby.

Bartione108 and their accounts have done nothing wrong.
Black Gold Drum and Bugle Corps | Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble | Shine | ⚡Thunder⚡
Proud Members of: CLASS | ENCORE | LGCG | MPC
Yeeyee99
I think bmwi3fanatics response was a bit harsh. They do have good advice on how to advance a group should you choose too. That being said hosting those multiple competitions and letting newer players get a shot is honestly not a bad thing, and as you said you haven’t exactly kicked anyone out of finals. If that statement continues to be true, I really see no problem with what’s happening. If you decide to pursue a competitive path, just make sure you do it with one group. I can say on behalf of the community we appreciate you coming forward and addressing the situation.

-Thanks
The Lonestar Performing Arts Organization
D2 S110 DL and DC champions
D2 S111 DL and CG champions
D2 S113 MB Champions
D1 S117 CG Champions
D1 S118 CG Champions
D1 S119 CG Champions
GreatHeffley
bmwi3fanatics,

I "lurk" without an account, just popping in from time to time checking scores, reading forum posts, looking at trends in data, but haven't ever felt the need to create an account. I had read previously about the FastForward controversy, and then noticed a similarity while looking at the player directory.

I do understand what you are saying and hearing the explanation by Baritone108 clears things up a bit. However I do to believe going for my jugular was not very kind. I do not really plan on competing just yet. I created my groups, and am fundraising.

Yeeyee99 stated it very well, "I think bmwi3fanatics response was a bit harsh. They do have good advice". You defended 108 well, and I commend you for it, but I disagree with the Tone of the response.

My overall opinion on the matter is that people should try to keep it to under 3 accounts so that newer players have a greater shot at succeeding. 108's reasons show a noble cause, but also a small cause for concern.

I mean no harm, just trying to stop it. Apologies if I have ruffled any feathers.
veritone
Running alts isn't a problem, though six accounts is a tad excessive. James makes good points- as long as the groups aren't harmful it doesn't look like this will be a problem.
Veritone, Director of Phoenix Performing Arts
DIII Silver Medalist, Season 109
DII Finalist, Season 110
DII Semifinalist, Season 110
DIII Finalist, Season 109
DIII Semifinalist, Seasons 108, 109
bmwi3fanatic
 Supported FMA!
@GreatHeffley,

Shouldn't have directed my overall frustration towards you solely, so I apologize for coming off harsh.

My overall frustration with approaches/comments like the one you took is rooted in certain players seemingly feeling entitled to tell others how to play the game. No one has authority here other than Alex and the moderators delegated some authority -- yet, (and perhaps not in your case), these same certain players take offense and must feel threatened competitively by how others play the game.

It just seems these same certain players would rather focus on attacking or dismantling the way others play the game, rather than focus on refining their own method of play. And for sure, certain techniques and actions may not be representative of the community's values and ethics, but if it were not to be acceptable Alex and the team would deal with it.

You say "just trying to stop it"; "threat". What is the threat? What are you trying to stop? Something none of us can control (again other than Alex if he decided to take action). You made an assumption on Baritone108's account and activity, that was not correct. Have you seen their account's influence and other stats? It's apparent they aren't farming and using unethical techniques as FastForward did (and could in the future).

I apologize for harsh language -- but not for the sentiment of my thoughts. And additionally I am glad Baritone108 has intentions to continue utilizing all of their accounts as they currently do.
Black Gold Drum and Bugle Corps | Black Gold Outdoor Performance Ensemble | Shine | ⚡Thunder⚡
GreatHeffley
bmwi3fanatics,

I apologize for coming off as you describe. I wasn't trying to tell anyone how to play the game, just bringing up a point.

My intentions were not to put other players down, or attack them, merely to bring attention to a trend that I had noticed. I admit that I made assumptions and jumped to a radical conclusion, however I still have a few criticisms (though I won't bring those up).

When I typed "I mean no harm, just trying to stop it", I realize now that it doesn't sound like what I intended. What I meant was that was I'm trying to prevent any possible harm to the game as a whole. I understand now that 108 isn't cause for concern, however at the time, I jumped the gun and spoke out.

P.S, I appreciate the civility/matureness of this disagreement. as you probably know, most internet arguments are far from mature.

Thanks
bmwi3fanatic
 Supported FMA!
Definitely -- I would just hope in the future anyone with concerns would message the account(s) directly, and without successful correspondence or explanation, then bring it directly to a moderator or Alex. Although, I believe that was done in the past regarding FastForward and since it was before my time I'm not sure about the result.

It was just disheartening to me to see a relatively new player themselves, get blasted on a forum post like they were being exposed for cheating or attempting to control the game.

My initial language was less than mature, but I thank you for keeping it civil and helping me see that.
FastForward
Best of luck to all competitors.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.