Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band August 19th
ssmit
None of my groups participated in events today, but many others did as it was Fma Southwest day! Let's look at the results...

Division 1:
1 The Marching Marchers 59.070
2 Mt Sterling Trojans 58.280
3 Marching Bureaucrats 57.745
4 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 57.300
5 Hussars 56.370

The Tigers haven't competed in awhile, but maintain a Top 5 position. Hopefully, when they return they will be able to catch back up and take the top spot again. The marchers have been pushing forward and currently hold onto first place by almost a point. Hussars, who started the season a little rough, have busted into the top 5 and plan to keep going. A few days ago, Hussars was taking captions but not getting rewarded in the overall scores. Now the question is: are they here to stay?

Breaking 60 could be just a day or two away for these dominant bands.

Captions:

Music Winds - korinth marching wolves
Music Percussion - Mt Sterling Trojans
Music Ensemble - Hussars
Visual Performance - St. Paul Marching Knights
Color Guard - St. Paul Marching Knights
Visual Ensemble - The Marching Marchers
General Effect Music - Hussars
General Effect Visual - The Marching Marchers

Not much change over the past few days, but it is clear these bands are gripping their leads tightly. The marchers lead GE Visual by only 0.05. Conversely, Hussars has taken GE music by more than a point and korinth leads Winds by more than half a point. All other captions are being lead by no more than a few tenths. Titles are still up for grabs.

Division 2:
1 Sound of Corydon 57.305
2 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 57.185
3 Sound of Fury - SoCA - Raiders 56.835
4 Austin Phoenix Marching Band 56.020
5 North Shore Senior High Band 54.915

Corydon has shot ahead and claimed 1st place. Pride is not far behind, failing to take the lead by only 0.12 points. The top 4 have begun to tear away from 5th place, leaving a gap of just over a point. At this point in the season, North Shore has not lost hope, though, as a point can be gained in the matter of a day. It's not too late to see fresh faces, like Austin Phoenix, in the Top 5.

Captions:
Music Winds - North Shore Senior High Band
Music Percussion - North Shore Senior High Band
Music Ensemble - Sound of Corydon
Visual Performance - The Pride of the Texas Hill Country
Color Guard - Kentucky Mustangs
Visual Ensemble - The Pride of the Texas Hill Country
General Effect Music - Sound of Corydon
General Effect Visual - Austin Phoenix Marching Band

North Shore is certainly showing off in indvidiual captions, taking a healthy lead in both Winds and Percussion. However, their GE scores are just barely in the top 15, leaving them falling out of the Top 5 overall. Despite being in 8th, Kentucky is leading Color Guard by almost a point. It is clear that they can spend a little more energy elsewhere and be a potential Top 5 band. Pride has put most of their emphasis into Visual and it is showing. Great job, bands.

Division 3:

1 Sapphire Sound Cadets 58.580
2 Cadets Band Corps 53.755
3 Bucaneers of the Emerald Coast 53.590
4 Musique a l'ecole 53.125
5 The Marching Wave 52.935

Someone put Sapphire in the wrong division, because they are the clear and obvious leader for Division 3. However, there is a nice race for 2nd, with Cadets, Bucaneers, and musique all within about half a point of each other. Wave is now in the Top 5 and shooting for 2nd as well. With all of the Top 15 being within a 3 point spread, anything can happen.

Captions:
Music Winds - Sapphire Sound Cadets
Music Percussion - Sapphire Sound Cadets
Music Ensemble - Sapphire Sound Cadets
Visual Performance - Sapphire Sound Cadets
Color Guard - Sapphire Sound Cadets
Visual Ensemble - Sapphire Sound Cadets
General Effect Music - Sapphire Sound Cadets
General Effect Visual - Sapphire Sound Cadets

Boring. =) The 2nd place in each caption is varied, and has allowed for each band to have a good shot at taking the caption. Sapphire has shown weaknesses in Winds, music ensemble, and visual ensemble, leading each of those captions by no more than a few tenths. If you want to nab a caption title, those are the places to work.

See you next time, folks!
Mmhsdm26
Thanks for letting me know where I need to work, ssmit =D
Sapphire Sound - Div. I Drum Corps
Sapphire Sound Cadets - Div. I Marching Band
2x Drum Corps Medalist (S2 Div 1 Champions)
2x Marching Band Medalist (S2 Div 3 Champions)
ashfire
no way is that winds title being taken from me this season!
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)