Login Create Account
Automatically decline applications once groups reach their weekly maximum
ChrisRohn
There are a significant number of ensembles I have had to decline because they had already reached their maximum appearances for the week. Having these applicants automatically declined once they reach their maximum would be helpful.

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
StoutMaster
i agree, but it wouldn't be easier if they weren't allowed to apply to any competitions after they reach their maximum
StoutMaster
Silversun268
I agree with the original idea.

@stoutmaster: this isn't possible as you are allowed to apply for 7 competitions a week (one a day) but can only be accepted to 5 of them.
I think this is because you are not automatically accepted to the competitions anymore and it is assumed that at least 2 might not accept you during a week.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

Alex
 -infinity
Yes that is true Silversun. The main reason I have not implemented this is because, on occasion, an event will get deleted or moved and then those applicants need other places to go even if they were maxed out.
ChrisRohn
But that doesn't happen more than once or twice per season, does it? I would think that once the event host begins accepting ensembles into their competition their request for show date transfer would be declined. Changing the date of a show that has ensembles already accepted could potentially bring an ensembles show tally above their maximum for the week. This doesn't seem like a very valid reason to not implement this feature.

Alex
 -infinity
I only move shows if the event was accidentally put on the first day of the season, or in some cases when a combine/conference event was put on the wrong day. Sometimes there are a couple confirmed groups that need to be removed from the event before moving it.

At any rate, I might add an additional application "state" called "unavailable" or "maxed" for event hosts.
Silversun268
That sounds like a great solution! Thanks Alex.
Founding Member and first President of the North-East and East-Coast Combine
Director of the Perception Performing Arts Network based out of Newbury, England
Support the East-Coast Combine

ChrisRohn
That would be perfect.