Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band August 28th
ssmit
Good morning one and all,

I meant to get this update out yesterday, but ran out of time to do so. Since everyone seems so up in arms about staff writers being busy, I'm posting it right now, and will be posting again after the competitions tonight.

Division 1:

Top 5:
1 The Marching Marchers 67.360
2 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 66.565
3 Mt Sterling Trojans 64.940
4 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 64.625
5 BD14 63.510

The Marchers are maintaining a strong lead throughout the week, with the Tigers pressing their members, trying to steal the title away. 3rd and below has experienced some major shifts from day to day throughout the week. Currently, Trojans and Southmore are locking down 3rd and 4th respectively. However, they are only separated by a meager 0.315. BD14 nabbed 5th, with Spirit trailing in 6th by less than half a point.

Captions:
Music Winds - korinth marching wolves
Music Percussion - General Mclane
Music Ensemble - Hussars
Visual Performance - St. Paul Marching Knights
Color Guard - St. Paul Marching Knights
Visual Ensemble - The Marching Marchers
General Effect Music - Hussars
General Effect Visual - Tuscarawas Vanguard

The wolves are leading Winds by 0.025, despite their pre-season promise to dominate it all season. The marchers still lead in Visual Ensemble, but have lost their way in the GE categories. St. Paul leads in 2 of the 3 visual categories, although they are in 7th place overall. The somewhat unknown General mclane, currently 8th place has scrapped by in Percussion, leading by 0.02.

Division 2:

Top 5:
1 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 63.840
2 Sound of Fury - SoCA - Raiders 62.635
3 Austin Phoenix Marching Band 61.155
4 North Shore Senior High Band 60.440
5 Sweetwater 60.340

Pride continues to speed ahead in Division 2, but not without challenge. Sound of Fury is down a point, but up from third by a point and half, essentially locking them in that rank. Austin Phoenix has gained in score taking 3rd. 4th and 5th (North Shore and Sweetwater), are separated by only a tenth of a point, giving the lower end of the Top 5 a little drama. Sweetwater is fairly safely in the Top 5, up from 6th by almost a point.

Captions:
Music Winds - North Shore Senior High Band
Music Percussion - North Shore Senior High Band
Music Ensemble - Sound of Corydon
Visual Performance - Kahok Express and The Pride of the Texas Hill Country
Color Guard - Kentucky Mustangs
Visual Ensemble - The Pride of the Texas Hill Country
General Effect Music - Sound of Corydon
General Effect Visual - Austin Phoenix Marching Band

Captions are very nicely spread out. Although Pride dominates in overall score, they only control one caption, Visual Ensemble. The yare also tied for 1st in Visual Performance. North Shore has taken both Winds and Percussion, but is really low in GE, leading to their 4th place overall.

Division 3:
Top 5:
1 Sapphire Sound Cadets 65.000
2 Bucaneers of the Emerald Coast 57.570
3 Challenger Marching Band 57.300
4 Train Wreck 56.880
5 Musique a l'ecole 56.595

Again, Sapphire Sound is in the wrong division. The real entertainment is in 2nd through 5th. The whole range is less than a point, meaning anything can happen every time these bands compete. To make is even better for these 4 bands, there is a nice gap before 6th place. Currently, Bucaneers lead the pack, but with today's competitions, things could change.

2nd place Captions:
Music Winds - Musique a l'ecole
Music Percussion - Arachnophobia (1st place)
Music Ensemble - Train Wreck
Visual Performance - Cannelton Marching Penguins
Color Guard - Bucaneers of the Emerald Coast
Visual Ensemble - Challenger Marching Band
General Effect Music - Train Wreck (1st place)
General Effect Visual - Challenger Marching Band

Sapphire is 1st in everything except Percussion and GE music. Good job Arachnophobia and Train Wreck! Therefore, I covered the 2nd place in every captions (except when marked). Captions appear to be all over the place, and for the most part the gap between 2nd and 3rd is less than a point. The Challenger Band, currently 3rd, controls the most captions, Visual Ensemble and GE Visual.

See you again, later today.
mrclarinet
I'm from North shore band and other groups and im just proud of what the group has done. they were top 20 in division 3 and now they are top 5 in division 2. im proud. thanks for some who helped me out and gave me some tips. they help.
Proud director of
North shore regiment
North shore band
North shore pow
North shore psw
ashfire
i was planning on dominating the winds score. unfortunately, on top of work, band, school, and worship team, i have little time otherwise. plus there was that one day when i couldn't get onto the site at all...
Favorite Composer: Richard Saucedo
Favorite Orchestrated piece: Motion (Brian Balmages)
Favorite Mainstream Piece: FireFlies (Owl City)
ssmit
I know how you feel. Between work, another work, and school, I've had very little time myself.
ssmit
Sorry for the non-update last night. Some personal issues being taken care of. Expect a report tomorrow.
ashfire
i'm over a 10th of a point behind (winds wise)... i wish i could get on at school :( i'm going to at least have to get up at 3AM to catch up. at least i don't have a 7AM rehearsal tomorrow.
ismensink
no, i dont think your gonna take my winds caption this season
hi
ashfire
100th of a point behind! that caption is mine!
ssmit
Well this pisses me off... I posted today but my internet failed so it didn't go through -_-
ismensink
And while ashfire is furiously trying to catch up in music, i still have the percussion, visual performance, and color guard captions
hi
ashfire
at least i can say i'm doing very well in influence.