Login Create Account
Awards
cire
At the end of each season you should have a way (maybe a poll?) where directors can vote for other directors/groups for different awards (can't vote for yourself).. maybe things like.. Most outstanding director, Rookie director of the season, crowd favorite show, most improved, or whatever. Make it so it is out of all 3 divisions, and then the winner of those awards get an award in their profile page.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
BaritoneB1
I kinda like this idea.
Alex
 -infinity
This is a cool idea. The only issue would be "gaming" of the system. For example people could register new accounts to get themselves more votes.
Cinman2
Coolest concept / Best Director could be a good one for the "Director choice Awards"

Most Improved could be created by Alex and he could make it so that the system will be able to figure out that information?

And Alex, make it so that only 1 vote per IP Address?
Executive Director of the CAI Performing Ensembles:
Northgate Marching Band
The Generals Drum and Bugle Corps
Generals Guard
Generals Drums
cire
You can do it so only directors with at least level X can vote, and only at least level X can qualify.

Plus doing ip/cookie checks would be helpful.

Maybe even have a forum or something, so each director can submit their "application" for other directors to see, so those directors can find out more about the each candidate and what they have been doing in FMA and so on..
Alex
 -infinity
IP and cookies would help, but you can easily change/hide your IP and remove/edit cookies. Malicious voting is hard to avoid.
cire
I agree.. that's why I figured limiting it to those who are active on the site, maybe by having to be active in the current season with at least 1 show participation, and at least a director level 5, etc

cire
One way you can do it, if you did want to go by IPs (which can be a pain).. I did one site where the owner wanted to track all IP by users, so I made it so you can see each users signup ip, last activity ip, etc.. basically if the user did anything on the site with a new ip, it would be tracked.. (or do a subset), and I had it so you can view a certain IP, and see all of the users who had some kind of activity with that ip..

It can be helpful for finding users with multiple accounts